Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

cato4797
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

I am planning to go to my senior prom this year, yet because of my aspergers am having a hard time knowing what to do. I am not sure if I should ask out this one girl, who I never talk to or not, since i have a hard time talking to others.

Or, should I just acknowledge my social difficulties and go out with the girl I went with last year, which might just be a whole lot easier for me to manage. I haven't seen her since December, but we still talk, and she did say say that she would be willing to go with me to prom this year (last year she did).

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm

Sounds like to me, you scored a girl to go with you. congratulations. But bear in mind, you are going to a very formal, social, party and you may find your autism very hard to keep under control in such a demanding environment. So if you do go, use caution.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

I personally would find it more fun to go with someone I already know I would be able to talk to and have fun with. The girl you went with next year sounds like a secure option. This other girl who you don't really talk to is a risk. She may be very nice, but if you don't already know you will *definitely* have fun, I'd avoid going to the prom with her. There's so much going into the prom - formality and expense - that I wouldn't want to add to the stress by spending the evening with someone I barely know.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 7:58 am

I'll give you 20 bucks if you go ask the girl you like to the prom.

If she says no, then ask the girl you asked out previously.

if she says no, then go around the school asking random girls out.

if they all say no, then ask random girls out in the street.

if they all say no, make a sign saying "buying prom date $20"

and if that doesn't work, then screw the prom. Prom is xp waste anyways.

I didn't go to prom either, I was too busy protecting Reach from the Covenant.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

I was forced to be around the people at school -- there was no way I'd choose to socialize with them without being forced.

So, I never went to any social events.

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2015, 4:38 pm

Anyone know what actually happens at a prom? I couldn't have gone to mine even if I wanted to since I had already dropped out. I assume there would be a lot of slow dancing and talking, which makes me wonder why anyone would want to go to such an event.

cato4797
Raven
Raven

06 Apr 2015, 9:51 pm

genesis529 wrote:
Anyone know what actually happens at a prom? I couldn't have gone to mine even if I wanted to since I had already dropped out. I assume there would be a lot of slow dancing and talking, which makes me wonder why anyone would want to go to such an event.

My prom is on a boat (which works since I go to a private school, with only 220-ish people). There's a lot of talking, and a lot of dancing. Last year, when I was a junior, there was only one slow dance...that lasted about a minute and a half. Most of the time I was doing group dancing.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 11:01 pm

I went to a very small Christian private school for three years. I believe there were only 13 in my graduating class and that was considered big and there was only probably around 50 high school students so yea pretty small.

Anyways we would have a prom (they called it formal) every April and I went my freshman, sophmore, and senior year. It was actually pretty fun even though there was no dates or anything. I wasn't big into dancing as I was very very bad at it so I would just sit and chill with my homiez. :lol: My school was pretty weird in that most people didn't date because like half of the kids had strict parents who didn't want their kids dating till they were 18. My parents werne't like that, I was just a nerdy scrawny socially awkward guy. I still am, I guess things never change. :lol:

That school brings back memories because it was so small that everyone knew everybody and there was a sense of community not always seen in a big school with 2000 kids.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 11:07 pm

genesis529 wrote:

They grind. Plz don't ask me what that is, just go look it up on Youtube. Just make sure you delete your browsing history afterwards. :lol:

They never grinded at my prom because it was a small christian private school. The school was ran by a strict religious old lady and if there were any grinding going on, it would have given her a heart attack.

OP, you should practice your grinding skills in front of a mirror. Just make sure your parents arne't watching, they would be like 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O They may secretly video tape you and put it on Youtube. Now that would be embarrassing.

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 May 2015, 10:55 pm

My prom is this Saturday, not at school but at a upscale hotel. I am going to have fun and am not really pressured to ask a girl out. But i have a similar problem: I don't know what to do there other than eat and stand in a corner.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 11:45 pm

I'm almost ready to graduate high school and be done with the whole BS for all eternity :D