Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

princessarachne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2015, 12:02 am

Any synesthetes here? I have synesthesia (auditory-color and grapheme-color)

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2015, 5:38 am

I think I might have this. Lexical-gustatory synesthesia. Certain words evoke vivid tastes. E.g. "frosty" tastes of hot buttery croissants and "good" tastes of cold strawberry yoghurt. "Yoghurt" itself has a sour lemon-like taste. I can think, hear, or read the words and will taste them. "Hungary" tastes of buttery fried potatoes.

The only bad part is if I'm hungry when I'm in the middle of class, the teacher's talking, I'm tasting words and all I can think is, "Food, food, food. Hungry, hungry, hungry."

Synesthetic351
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm

I'm a synesthete too. Grapheme-color and temporospatial among others. It's nice seeing others. :D

Purplepolkadots
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2015, 10:54 pm

I have synesthesia as well!! I'm not sure what it's called, but I basically see words and sentences when people are talking.
For example, if somebody who speaks fast and has a strong Florida accent, says "I love cats!" I would see I love cats in bold, orange cursive, that's really pressed together and slowly spiraling downwards. If somebody's speaking gibberish, or I can't hear them, nothing appears, and large translucent dots of varying colours appear instead.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 4:46 pm

I have sound-color/color-sound. I play and see colors or I paint and hear music. Words and numbers can be colored too. Some sounds have a smell too.