[UK] Who will you be voting for in the general election?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 9:29 am

Personally, I will be voting for the UK Independence Party, but I'd be interested to see how others are going to vote here.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 10:21 am

Since the Pirate Party aren't standing a candidate in my constituency, I'm voiting for X - that is, a big X across my ballot paper.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Apr 2015, 11:50 am

What use is that to anyone really? :-?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Hex
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

I hate everyone in politics. I find more people are on about people from foreign countries living in the UK and how they act saying we have to kick them out sounds as if we are all racist. Also not one group in the election is talking about disabilities in the sense they would want to help people like me who have a disability. The other night headline news was that they were all on about certain people with a certain disability would have to work or won't get money for not working anymore. Which I think is total BS, next thing you know it'll be for everybody with a disability, life-threatening or not. I'd give my genuine vote for when a party tells the public they will help people with autism in their 20's and above. I find all help goes to people when their younger than 18. As I am 19 I know that I don't get as much help from the government as I need. I had a lot when I was 15 and all. Then slowly I've found myself be left alone more. Right now I'm getting help from charities instead of the government. As in getting no help from the government whatsoever.

Well that's my opinion on the stupidity that is politics in the UK.

If I do vote it'll be a joke vote. You see when I was young me and my dad used to joke about the "Loony Party" taking over the UK. If I can vote for them I will, it'll be a wasted vote though aren't they all now? Labour and the Tories are saying one certain thing now along with all other parties. A year from now it'll be all different with a stupid excuse for why they didn't do what they promised they would do now. It's all stupid.

Anyway I've ranted on long enough.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Apr 2015, 12:27 pm

^^^ I'm not in the UK but you might find the Greens a good choice as they have been showing good growth and are the most likely to have policies favouring folk with disabilities.

It wouldn't be a wasted vote because they already have one MP and around 6% or more of the vote according to opinion polls. But the UK needs to change the first past the post system because smaller parties get under represented. Same with the US. Australia, NZ and South Africa, among others, have forms of proportional representation.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm

I would have voted for Money Reform Party http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/ but they don't have a candidate where I am.

It definitely wont be one of the big three as they all pander to Israeli financial backing which involves using our armed forces to destroy their Islamic neighbours for them.
80% of MP's are in Labour/Conservative etc Friends of Israel.
No Independents so I am left with UKIP, I e-mailed my UKIP candidate yesterday to ask his and his parties stance on Israel/Palestine and whether he or his party would vote for war against Middle Eastern countries such as Iraq or Iran in order to protect the Petro-dollar.

I haven't had a reply yet, if I don't receive one I will not vote at all and presume UKIP are just another party the International bankers have provided for us to make us think we live in a democracy by virtue of choice.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 12:37 pm

Lived in the UK for 23 years and only voted once and that was in the local elections before the days of UKIP and then I voted Liberal as a tactical protest vote. Made no difference. Labour won.

As a foreigner I see Britain as a 2-party system where Party 1 stays in power long enough to really p*ss off the voters and eventually the Party 2 wins a general election. Party 2 will then spend the first couple of years in power blaming the Party 1 for all that is wrong and will start implementing their own poilicies. Untill they p*ss the voters off enough with as a result that Party 1 wins the election again. They in turn will spend the forst few years blaming Party 2 for all that is wrong with the country and start implementing their own policies. Untill they p*ss the voters off enough with as a result that Party 2 wins the election again. And it just goes on and on and on and on...

What's the point?
The rich get richer and the rest carries the financial burdens. Nothing changes :(

Hex
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2015, 12:49 pm

guzzle wrote:
As a foreigner I see Britain as a 2-party system where Party 1 stays in power long enough to really p*ss off the voters and eventually the Party 2 wins a general election. Party 2 will then spend the first couple of years in power blaming the Party 1 for all that is wrong and will start implementing their own poilicies. Untill they p*ss the voters off enough with as a result that Party 1 wins the election again. They in turn will spend the forst few years blaming Party 2 for all that is wrong with the country and start implementing their own policies. Untill they p*ss the voters off enough with as a result that Party 2 wins the election again. And it just goes on and on and on and on...

Yeah that's basically how it happens since the times after WWII.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2015, 1:05 pm

I'm not eligible to vote in the UK, but if I were, I would probably be voting for Al-Zebabist Nation of OOOG.

Alienhybrid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2015, 4:33 am

The UK and NZ are trailing the world re cannabis prohibition,
who is the stoner party in England?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2015, 5:34 am

Alienhybrid wrote:
The UK and NZ are trailing the world re cannabis prohibition,
who is the stoner party in England?

The Lib Dems, UKIP, and the Green Party all officially want to legalise drug use to some extent or another. The only one of those with a chance of holding power are the Lib Dems. The other two won't elect 5 MPs between them, and would never work together if they did hold the balance of power.

I'll be voting Lib Dem. They've delivered several excellent policies whilst in government, and we need a liberal voice in government, which no other party would provide.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Apr 2015, 5:42 am

Nambo wrote:
It definitely wont be one of the big three as they all pander to Israeli financial backing which involves using our armed forces to destroy their Islamic neighbours for them.
Obvious rubbish. We've attacked the Taliban, Saddam and Gaddaffi, not Hamas and Hezbollah.

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2015, 6:00 am

If I could vote, I would never vote for UKIP. Privatisation of the NHS, leaving the EU, destroying wind farms and a xenophobic party leader. Hell, no!

I'd vote for either Labour Party or the Green Party.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 6:33 am

I still want to weigh all the issues before I decide. I'm going to be watching the 7 leader debate tonight.

Unfortunately it is always a 2 party thing and I think many worry about a different vote being a wasted vote. But I'd like to consider all possibilities, and tonight will be revealing and contribute to some people's choices I hope.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 6:44 am

Alienhybrid wrote:
...who is the stoner party in England?

CISTA

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 7:01 am

DarkAscent wrote: