Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Scotia
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2015, 5:16 pm

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself a bit.

I'm currently in the process of getting a diagnosis (things are everything but fast here so i guess i'll get an official diagnosis in 8 or 9 months).

In the meantime, i'll be happy to read on the topic and maybe discuss with members. I have so many existential questions...

à bientôt!
Scotia

PS: as English is not my mother tongue, you may find some mistakes but i'll do my best to avoid this.

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm

Welcome, from a fellow greenhorn. It seems like there are questions and answers in equal measure here.

So far your English is doing good - I've seen worse from native speakers myself, so you may be surprised by your own level of competency.

Hex
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2015, 6:22 pm

Bonjour!
Hope you have a good time here. 8)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 8:15 pm

Hey Scotia welcome. :sunny:

Scotia
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2015, 4:05 am

Thanks for your warm welcome :)

Broken_ICE
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Apr 2015, 11:52 am

Oh Mon Dieu! A girl from la France!
Hello and welcome (I'm new too).

I'heard that in France the awareness of the population about the AS is someway different to the rest of the world due to the impact of the freudian psychoanalysis in that country. I saw it on a documentary called "Hugo's Brain" (I've watched it in spaniard dub 'el cerebro de hugo').

Greetings and feel welcomed, here we have all experienced similar issues.

:) :wink:

Scotia
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Apr 2015, 6:54 am

Broken_ICE wrote:
Oh Mon Dieu! A girl from la France!
Hello and welcome (I'm new too).

I'heard that in France the awareness of the population about the AS is someway different to the rest of the world due to the impact of the freudian psychoanalysis in that country. I saw it on a documentary called "Hugo's Brain" (I've watched it in spaniard dub 'el cerebro de hugo').

Greetings and feel welcomed, here we have all experienced similar issues.

:) :wink:

:) Yes apparently France is "a case". I've only been looking for info on ASD since the beginning of the year so i guess that i still have things to learn. What i'm really eager to see is when medical imagerie will be able to detect autism.

Hugo's Brain is a good documentary, i'm glad you liked it!

What is difficult about autism in my opinion, is that due to the Spectrum, people tend to freeze their idea of ASD on one person/one movie, whereas there are as many autisms than there are autistic persons.

...and welcome to you too :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 6:11 pm

Bienvenue à Mauvaise Planète!

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:01 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet from the USA! :) Your english looks fine to me, more than I can say about some in my country who don't consider language, spelling, and dialect important. :roll: France would be a country I'd like to visit someday. I think there are a handful of French users here.

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

Bonjour!

sepikmari
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2015, 4:25 pm

Bonjour et bienvenue! Je suis Belge!
I am also new as of yesterday.
As far as your English, you are doing very well (not good, bad grammar).

a tantot!

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2015, 4:34 pm

Welcome! ^^

Mencri
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2015, 9:39 pm

Bongiorno!

Heya, welcome...I'm new as well, and I have to say it always seems that those who choose to speak English as a second language (not those forced to) tend to be much better at it than native speakers

I do have to say though that your post brought back fond memories from the few years I spent in italy; although I learned only few words I do remember that Ciao was used for both hello and goodbye...but was rather rude if using it for hello.

Ciao!

spatialthinker93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2015, 11:11 am

Hi , welcome! I find it very interesting that you have many existential questions, as I myself are "ONE big existential question", in the essence that I've always asked existential questions and sought to answer those(and ofcourse I still am searching). There are many "Philosophers" at this site if I am not mistaken, so you should find plenty of interesting people to have a chat with. Have a nice time here!

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 11:39 am

Bonjour Scotia, sois la bienvenue! :) J'espère que tu passeras un très bien séjour à Wrong Planet, comme lieu c'est super cool. Et en ce qui concerne l'anglais, tu le parles très bien déjà. Moi aussi je suis en train de me faire un diagnostic, en Angleterre ça passe assez vite. Je suis traducteur littéraire (français, allemand, roumain), alors si tu veux faire un brin de causette en ta langue maternelle, passe-moi un message. :)

(PS: depuis le film 'Le mur' de Sophie Robert, j'espère que, en France, la situation des autistes va mieux!)