Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 10:26 am

Oh, and Moromillas, I used to deal with CROM (which people call the WMRC in Montreal). They're moral except for the abortion comment and the ABA that they admit has punishments and rewards in it that they call treatment for autism. So now I'm suspicious again.

On a side note, I'm wondering if the person that threatened me might have thought that since I was against the "rewards nad consequences" thing about ABA, that they maybe thought that I meant that autistics should just be let to do everything even stuff that hurts themselves or others. I should have made it clearer that this fake world of fake rewards and punishments that ABA creates is not acceptable. And for all I know, they punish kids for stimming and the like. I wonder who at CROM lies and who tells the truth.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Will@rd, the newer version is good except I want to add that there was at least one autistic wrote about their autism experience (A little poem or something) on the AutSpeaks website. I don't know if he was paid or not, so my apologies for thinking he wasn't. But I seriously doubt they paid him thousands like they pay so-called parents to complain about their kids.

I think there are a few other Autisitics working there but none on the board or leadership positions. I heard nor seen any evidence Autism Speaks is paying fake parents to complain about their fake kids. I wish a lot of the "blogging moms" phenomenon is made up. I rather have that then what I believe to true, that there are a lot of real parents that feel that way about their real autistic offspring. That lack of eye contact and other atypical characteristics was the ultimate nightmare scenario for them that they think their kids were doomed.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm

And those autistics are doing what; stuffing envelopes? Mopping floors?

I agree with you on the other stuff tho.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
And those autistics are doing what; stuffing envelopes? Mopping floors?

I don't know.

I just know Amy Gravino tangentially from support group meetings and that she works on their communications committee.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 4:20 pm

I remember Amy Gravino from here. She didn't seem the type to support their crap. She wrote a book called The Naughty Autie and made videos of her giving opinions on various stuff and she seemed proud to be Aspie. Maybe she, like John Elder (before he realized they wouldn't change and Alex (I'm not sure if he changed but I don't think so), is trying to change A$ from within.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 6:16 pm

It was merely an attempt by a very unpleasant person to intimidate and shut you up, because what you wrote challenged her bigotry.

I noticed the "my dear" - what a patronising, platitudinous, paternalistic message, it's really horrible to see how fanatical some of the adherents of the "church of Bob and Suzanne" are, yet it is also very instructive and educational for us to see the fanatical proselytising bigotry in such clear examples.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Oh, and Moromillas, I used to deal with CROM (which people call the WMRC in Montreal). They're moral except for the abortion comment and the ABA that they admit has punishments and rewards in it that they call treatment for autism. So now I'm suspicious again.

On a side note, I'm wondering if the person that threatened me might have thought that since I was against the "rewards nad consequences" thing about ABA, that they maybe thought that I meant that autistics should just be let to do everything even stuff that hurts themselves or others. I should have made it clearer that this fake world of fake rewards and punishments that ABA creates is not acceptable. And for all I know, they punish kids for stimming and the like. I wonder who at CROM lies and who tells the truth.

I've never met or heard from this CROM before, I didn't know they did ABA. What I knew, I got from first impressions on their own website. In short, their opinion of me, and others on the spectrum, is gross, and creepy. We're sandwiched right in the middle between IDs and PPDs .... really? That's like sandwiching black people, or left handedness in the middle of dyslexia and paralysis in a list of treatments. Who in their right mind would do that. What's worse is that it's not a slip of the tongue in some communication, but it's one of the first things you see on their site. Meaning they do perhaps view us in the same light as those things, and don't see a problem with saying so, and therefore don't understand just how gross that is.

No doubt someone will mention a serious problem that AS people have. Like, self injurious behaviour. Ok, why then, do they mention a "treatment" for Autism, rather than a treatment for SIB? Autism isn't defined by SIB, a very small fraction of people have a problem with SIB. Why did they just jam AS in there?

There's a very real poison that's infecting society, that gives people the bizarre notion, that the Neurotypical way is the 'right' way, and that the Aspergian way is the 'wrong' way. It's sad, but more and more people seem to subscribe to the batshit crazy notion that deep inside of us, is a Neurotypical person, which is being smothered by "the Autism". Therefore, you get eugenics and "treatment", when we really need acceptance and accommodation.

The focus instead should be on educating NTs to not be so prejudiced and discriminatory, to get over themselves, and the absurd and offensive idea that they're somehow better than everyone else. We don't need a "cure" or more training to act NT; It's NTs that need to learn that, contrary to what they think, they're not God's gift to the earth, and in fact, could learn quite a lot from AS people.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 7:13 pm

Moro, did you see the video that DarkPhantom posted this week, put out by Autism Speaks, with the child in it and an adult voice assigning what are essentially psychopathic traits to ASD children - eg they have no morality, just want to destroy other people, no conscience, no sense of right and wrong...

I'm sorry I can't remember which of the recent threads here it is on.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 7:24 pm

OMG, and I thought A$ could only get away with so much. WHERE IS THAT VIDEO? That is horrifying, and I half-thought it wouldn't come to that. I thought I'd seen everything.

Did it actually say we have no morality? Or that we just want to destroy people? Or that we have no conscience? Or that we have no sense of right and wrong? Well, I have no conscience when it comes to wanting to destroy A$ and I know that it's right and moral. So THERE.

Moromillas: I think what some of them meant by putting us in with the learning-disabled and ret*d was that we do have a problem, but due to not being naturally attentive to some stuff. And no, the stuff isn't all the same for all of us. At least they know that.

We need to do a test to see how many CROM people believe that autism itself is an actual problem. So I call everyone to a rally on CROM's FB page. We'll have to agree on a day or time. :) Should I start a new thread, or post in the other CROM thread I started?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 7:47 pm

B19 wrote:
Moro, did you see the video that DarkPhantom posted this week, put out by Autism Speaks, with the child in it and an adult voice assigning what are essentially psychopathic traits to ASD children - eg they have no morality, just want to destroy other people, no conscience, no sense of right and wrong...

I'm sorry I can't remember which of the recent threads here it is on.

Here is a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mycxSJ3-_Q

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 7:58 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:
Just Got Threatened With A Lawsuit By Supporter Of A$ for my Autism Speaks facts list...
Wait a minute ... A mere supporter of Autism Speaks threatened you with a lawsuit?!

:lol:

That's like having someone who once voted for Barrack Obama threaten to sue John Boehner for slandering the President.

This 'supporter' doesn't deserve the attention.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm

He/she/it/they was/were going to "report" me.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 8:06 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

Two can play that game! :twisted:

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm

CharityGoodyGrace wrote:

Tell them to go ahead, because your lawyers are standing by.

In other words, call their bluff!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 8:17 pm

It's ridiculous,CCG. No serious litigant acting in good faith would ever commence a plaintiff action by sending you a private message on Facebook!!

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2015, 8:19 pm

Maybe she was serious and just stupid. But I don't like the fact that she thought I was so stupid and cowardly that I might think of taking my blog down... I never once thought of that, and would never! It's just the bullying that interested me; it's scary a supposed adult would do this.