Hi everyone. New guy from Sweden here :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2015, 4:52 am

Hello!

I'm SerOrange, and I stumbled across this site the other day, and was surprised by the amount of people posting about things that I felt I could relate to. So I thought I might as well join the conversation.

I live in Sweden and was diagnosed with ASD around the age of 9. Back then I didn't make much of it, I was just a kid among kids. Apparently I had a tendency to isolate myself, had problems with anxiety, difficulty with friendships, and had a hard time concentrating in school. Looking back, I can now understand the situation for what it was.

I was at least functioning on a day-to-day basis back then. But in 2005, there was a loss in the family and my life basically hit rock bottom. I had a life meltdown of sorts. I stopped going to school, stopped being with the few friends I had, and went into complete isolation. I skipped school for about a year, until I was enrolled in special education.

Whilst in special education, things started to improve, slowly but steadily. When it was time for high school, the laws changed (so I am told) and I wasn't eligible for special education anymore. So I had to redo the last grade all over, but with regular education. This was however solved in a good and compensating way.

Now I find myself, at the age of 19, in the last stretch of the third and final year of high school before graduation. Even with possible University plans to follow. But I'm back at the same state as before the meltdown, albeit more stable, meaning I hopefully wont be experiencing a life meltdown of the same magnitude ever again.

In short you could say that my life was okay until the meltdown in '05, and that I've been picking up the pieces ever since.

I'm looking forward to discussing with people I can relate to here :)

// SerOrange

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 5:03 am

Welcome! :)

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 5:05 am

Welcome, SerOrange!! Here's hoping you are NOT going to have another "life meltdown", and that you will continue getting stronger, learning coping skills, etc. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. I feel you, most definitely, took the best "next step" by registering here----you'll learn ALOT!!

Here's to stronger days, ahead!!

SerOrange
Raven
Raven

08 Apr 2015, 6:06 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Here's hoping you are NOT going to have another "life meltdown", and that you will continue getting stronger

You and me both. I'll just have to hope nobody close dies any time soon, since that was the trigger last time.
If I were to have another meltdown again, of equal magnitude, I'd probably be tapped out for another 5 years :pale:

Though, I think my brain has tried to solve the issue by itself. I'm thinking that the meltdown might have caused me to avoid getting close to people (more than before), so as to not be deeply affected by loss again.

Campin_Cat wrote:
I feel you, most definitely, took the best "next step" by registering here----you'll learn ALOT!!

I've never looked for autism-specific forums (or even websites for that matter) before. When I stumbled across WP, I was pleasantly surprised. It makes you feel less alone with experiencing autism related issues.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 4:17 pm

Hey SerOrange welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!