Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
...only to those in the church of Anaism....

Where do I join? :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 8:02 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Actually... most of the theology in Anaism was created by Ana's sister Judy, so they were gonna name the new religion after Judy. But...there already is a religion of that name! :D

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 8:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Actually... most of the theology in Anaism was created by Ana's sister Judy, so they were gonna name the new religion after Judy. But...there already is a religion of that name! :D

Judy Tenuta's Judy-ism? 8)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Judy Tenuta's Judy-ism? 8)

No!! !! !! !!
Judy-ism!

You know...bar mitzvahs, and such.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 10:09 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Well, to call it "LGBT Religion" seems to imply "worship of LGBT PEOPLE".

If you mean that LGBT people should have their own houses of worship, they DO----they're all over the U.S., Canada, and the U.K (if not all over Europe)----I've been to one, to attend an acquaintance's same-sex wedding.

I meant, say it is a part of worshiping a god or goddess and then voila, instant protection of rights.

What exactly is "it"? The "it" that would be part of worshipping God/Goddess that would be protected by the Constitution?

"It" would be what LGBT people do that Christians say interferes with freedom of religion. If you say it is part of a religion then you can't be attacked by Christians.

Well...what IS this thing that LGBT people do that Christian say interferes with freedon of religion?

I will help you out- what you mean is: start a religion that requires same sex marriage. So if anyone refuses to cater a same sex marriage by someone in this religion then they would be in effect descriminating against the couple on the basis of religion by denying them a tenet of the couple's religion. Therefore the refusal to cater would be legally defined as religous descrimination therefore the government could force the restaurant to cater the same sex marriage against the restaurant's will (though it wouldnt apply to same sex couples in general, only to those in the church of Anaism).

Is that what you're saying?

Followers of a God who demands same sex marriage and a subsequent celebration feast of the couple's choice. And as for the question you asked about what "it" is, you will need to ask a Christian who opposes "it" for that answer because I do not oppose it and I would be thrilled to cater a same sex wedding because they would be paying me money to do it and I would be grateful for the business.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

- The religion of idiocy. Since under-educated/unintelligent face discrimination by colleges. Their religious beliefs is to stay lowly educated. So stop discriminating against their religious beliefs!

Oh, we already have this religion....in spades :!:

Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2015, 12:36 pm

I suppose it depends on what a person has faith in to determine their church or temple

I'm a Christian. I have a connection too with Lutheran theology. But I find a great interest in theology generally.

Oh right, and I'm a gay gal. I didn't see the need for a new church.

I don't hang about the LGBT "cause" as I see it as a political cause. I'm not into politics so much. Perhaps things are different from place to place, person to person.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

Well...what the OP is proposing is analogous to someone back in Jim Crow days starting a contrived religion which has as a tenet that the followers must somehow adopt dark skin, and adopt tightly curled hair, thereby protecting Blacks from racial descrimination by turning race into religion. Something that Blacks, then or now, would NOT have gone for because the shank of the Black population tends to be quite Christian BTW. She doesnt spell out what exactly it is that is be sanctified by this LBGT religion. Maybe its a religion that requires same sex marriage.

Maybe we should start an "incompetence religion" .Make it impossible to fire anyone for incompetence because it would be "religious descrimination". :D

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Well...what the OP is proposing is analogous to someone back in Jim Crow days starting a contrived religion which has as a tenet that the followers must somehow adopt dark skin, and adopt tightly curled hair, thereby protecting Blacks from racial descrimination by turning race into religion. Something that Blacks, then or now, would NOT have gone for because the shank of the Black population tends to be quite Christian BTW. She doesnt spell out what exactly it is that is be sanctified by this LBGT religion. Maybe its a religion that requires same sex marriage.

Maybe we should start an "incompetence religion" .Make it impossible to fire anyone for incompetence because it would be "religious descrimination". :D

Well hey you gotta do what you gotta do. There's a wide gulf between Islam and Buddhism yet we all know Buddhism is just as much religion as Islam. So who are you and I to decide what religion is to another man? And I am so sick of Biblical
know-it-alls using the Bible as an excuse to come up with ridiculous crap like trying to say who bears the mark of Cain because of a story in the Bible. Just ridiculous.

A black man declaring his skin is a religion is no more ridiculous than half the religious tom foolery I know of and I am a spiritualist, I just can't stand when people use religion as an excuse to dumb down.

Actually, anyone declaring their skin is a religion, in this atmosphere of intolerance, is showing good sense.