How to choose between two girls?

Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 12:39 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
OK maybe I should stop thinking like that. Just last week ex was saying I should think before I speak. I guess it wouldn't hurt for home decorating to be a colaberative effort. It's just that I still wanted some say in which furniture we get. If I took my social worker's advice and bought furniture now, she would have no input because she's in Sydney and it might not be a good fit for whichever house we end up in. I will stop being a Sheldon.

As for the other girl, I read this thing on Yahoo. Some girls there were chatting and they said if a guy likes a girl, he will ask her out. Always. They make a good point. I should just ask her out instead of spending too much time overthinking it or waiting for some unspecified "opportunity". How can I know when the right time is if it doesn't have a clear definition. Sun Tzu said to win a war, the victory conditions must be clearly defined or you won't know what you're driving for.

Yeah, there is no 'right moment' - you gotta make the moment.

Just be confident and go for it! :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 12:59 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
OK maybe I should stop thinking like that. Just last week ex was saying I should think before I speak. I guess it wouldn't hurt for home decorating to be a colaberative effort. It's just that I still wanted some say in which furniture we get. If I took my social worker's advice and bought furniture now, she would have no input because she's in Sydney and it might not be a good fit for whichever house we end up in. I will stop being a Sheldon.

As for the other girl, I read this thing on Yahoo. Some girls there were chatting and they said if a guy likes a girl, he will ask her out. Always. They make a good point. I should just ask her out instead of spending too much time overthinking it or waiting for some unspecified "opportunity". How can I know when the right time is if it doesn't have a clear definition. Sun Tzu said to win a war, the victory conditions must be clearly defined or you won't know what you're driving for.

Hopefully you won't bring along the war drums when you ask her out.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 2:17 am

Outrider wrote:
Yeah, there is no 'right moment' - you gotta make the moment.

Just be confident and go for it! :D

Good advice to be sure.

But I still have feelings for the girl in Sydney. That's why I feel so conflicted.

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2015, 3:04 am

Retro, your ex became your ex for a reason, keep this in mind. I don't think you need one extra voice telling you that she doesn't sound like anyone you should even be in touch with.

As for girl #2 I kind of feel bad for her. She probably just sees you as a pleasant friend and you're making all of these machinations concerning her, including how to force your way into physical territory when she has a major barrier in place that you should be quite familiar with as an aspie yourself.

Quote:
I keep thinking of ways I can trick her but lately I've been thinking of actually being honest with her for a change. Partly because she can tell when I'm lying.

... What the hell, man? Nevermind feeling bad for Girl #2, I feel afraid for her now.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:10 am

Antharis wrote:
Retro, your ex became your ex for a reason, keep this in mind.
But if she wasn't into me anymore why was it a few weeks later she said she wanted to come back to me?
Antharis wrote:
She probably just sees you as a pleasant friend
Maybe she does. Does that mean I'm forbidden to ask her out?
Antharis wrote:
including how to force your way into physical territory
I didn't mean that in a sexual way. If I ask how to deal with this it's because I want to know how to work around it, not how to force my way through it. I do most of that touchy feely stuff for the benefit of the girl anyway. In the past I've been dumped because I didn't do it and not dumped because I did do it.I think it has something to do with dopamine response. Regardless, most girls expect it. If this girl expects something else, I'm open to suggestions.
Antharis wrote:
when she has a major barrier in place that you should be quite familiar with as an aspie yourself.
And I'm sure you know not all aspies are the same. The truth is I don't have a psychical hypersensitivity to touch. I don't feel pain or other strange sensations from touch. In the past I had more of a social phobia of touching people in even the most innocuous ways but that was solely caused by social anxiety, not due to any psychical hypersensitivity. I've never actually experienced full blown hypersensitivity.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 5:26 am

I talked about it with a friend. He told me off for dating a fat girl. I told him she was trying her best to lose weight. I knew my friends would react like this. He asked me why I liked her. I had trouble answering. But she seems to like me. The reason I'd date her? I must have a relationship at all costs. I don't want to end up like those forever alones.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 5:28 am

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

. . . wat . . ?
Wow. Boo I wish I could laugh too.
Is this innocence? I think I just learned a new, eldritch and utterly horrifying version of innocence. (or a rather advanced form of trolling)
Go back to your ex ASAP.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 3:41 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I talked about it with a friend. He told me off for dating a fat girl. I told him she was trying her best to lose weight. I knew my friends would react like this. He asked me why I liked her. I had trouble answering. But she seems to like me. The reason I'd date her? I must have a relationship at all costs. I don't want to end up like those forever alones.

You know, taking friends' opinion about a partner is something I've never seen coming from guys, at least this what I've observed in real life so far, but you've just proved me wrong there, I basically laughed because your reminded me of a bunch of girls gossiping (Yeah, I witness female acquaintances all the time doing the evaluation of partner discussion. ie. "he's too fat/ugly/short/poor you can get someone better" - yuck ).

I find this very idiotic, and it shouldn't be anyone's business except you and her, really.

Quote:
The reason I'd date her? I must have a relationship at all costs. I don't want to end up like those forever alones.

I think your ex thinks the same way, return to her. lol.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 5:34 pm

Oh, so that's the reason you were laughing. I thought you were laughing because you thought I shouldn't go back to her, not because you thought I should. Not that I consider anyone's advice here to be an order, but rather just advice.

Regardless, I'd already asked her to come back to me a few hours before my previous post and she said she'll think about it. It's out my hands now. But game theory says I should go with the option that's the least risky, right? Anyway, you two may have a point that I shouldn't read to much into the opinion of a 55 year old theater nerd.

Should the girl in Sydney wish to remain in Sydney, that will give me plenty of time to better get to know the girl from the lodge, who's nice in other ways, such as being thinner, cuter and best of all, she doesn't want kids :)

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
...that will give me plenty of time to better get to know the girl from the lodge, who's nice in other ways, such as being thinner, cuter and best of all, she doesn't want kids :)

If you'd have wanted to get to know her you would have done so by now.

Honestly, if all I had to go on was this forum, I would find autistic men pathetic. Stop analysing women and making assumptions. Stop trying to check off the women box on your "to-dos" and live your life. A women's not going to make you happy anyway.

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2015, 11:36 pm

androbot01 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
...that will give me plenty of time to better get to know the girl from the lodge, who's nice in other ways, such as being thinner, cuter and best of all, she doesn't want kids :)

Honestly, if all I had to go on was this forum, I would find autistic men pathetic. Stop analysing women and making assumptions. Stop trying to check off the women box on your "to-dos" and live your life. A women's not going to make you happy anyway.

I originally was of the impression autistic men would be easier to relate to. They're simply easier to understand, but just as hard to relate to as any.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:43 am

androbot01 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

its about going at it without being creepy. theres a girl I've been wanting to get to know for 4 months now, its slow going but If i try to directly talk to her I'll just seem creepy and scare her away. so have to wait for sister to introduce us. which sister keeps putting off and off.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 3:39 am

sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

its about going at it without being creepy. theres a girl I've been wanting to get to know for 4 months now, its slow going but If i try to directly talk to her I'll just seem creepy and scare her away. so have to wait for sister to introduce us. which sister keeps putting off and off.

When a person's behaviour is a result of planning and strategy and is not spontaneous, He or she is creepy.
I think autistic people all too often lose the ability to behave naturally when we are made aware of the expectations of others.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:07 am

Antharis wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

I originally was of the impression autistic men would be easier to relate to. They're simply easier to understand, but just as hard to relate to as any.

From scientific perspective, that makes sense.

The brain differences found (ie. white/grey matter ratios) between men and women so far are more significant and obvious than the brain differences between NTs and ASs of the same gender.

So no wonder you would relate to NT women more than to AS men.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:36 am

androbot01 wrote:
I've only seen her once this year. I saw her a couple of times about six months ago at the community center but we barely exchanged two words. This time was the only time I had a proper conversation with her. I spent the whole dinner getting to know her. I don't yet have her number or on Facebook although I'll try to get them soon.

What I'm getting at, is that it's not like I've been seeing her regularly for a period of time, as you imply. I can't go to the community center anymore because they're only open during work hours (last year I was unemployed). The lodge is on most Thursday nights. Sometimes they skip a week or two during the school holidays. That's why I didn't see her last Thursday. Thursday before that was the first time she'd ever been to the lodge, gods willing she'll be there this Thursday.
androbot01 wrote:
A women's not going to make you happy anyway.
That's not what the psychologist on Youtube said, he said he said it was the panacea of mental health. Anyway, think of people with significant others. Do you think they don't get any happiness from their relationship? I'm sure some of them do.

Anyway, I'm sick of having half the population tell me I'm a freak for being single and the other half telling me I shouldn't even try. Is some of my desire to have a relationship based on social pressures? Sure. I know everyone will tell me I shouldn't live my life according to social pressures but that's what I've been doing for the last couple of years and it's improved my life immensely.

If I didn't listen to societies expectation for me to get a job I would still be poor and unemployed. I would still be semi-reclusive. Also I never would have learned to drive, I would have dropped out of school when I was 15, I would still weigh 300 lbs and I would now still be living at home. Listening to societies expectations works for me... some of the time.

But now I have people telling me I should have a relationship but other people telling me I'm a creep for trying to have a relationship. Society acts like all relationships happen by chance, a chance meeting of two people who happen to be perfect for each other and somehow work out that each other is available and into them without a word exchanged between them.

And I'm sure many relationships actually do begin by chance but they don't begin that way for me. It could be the perfect woman for me hangs out at some place I don't go. I know that you have to get and socialize and I do but doing that doesn't always bring me into contact with single women in the same age bracket as me (or sometimes I just don't know if they're single but I have a hunch the girl from the lodge is).
androbot01 wrote:
When a person's behaviour is a result of planning and strategy and is not spontaneous, He or she is creepy. I think autistic people all too often lose the ability to behave naturally when we are made aware of the expectations of others.
That's an excellent point. I think I should work on improving my spontaneity, not only for dating but for my interactions for people in general.