sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 2:42 am

androbot01 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
...that will give me plenty of time to better get to know the girl from the lodge, who's nice in other ways, such as being thinner, cuter and best of all, she doesn't want kids :)

If you'd have wanted to get to know her you would have done so by now.

its about going at it without being creepy. theres a girl I've been wanting to get to know for 4 months now, its slow going but If i try to directly talk to her I'll just seem creepy and scare her away. so have to wait for sister to introduce us. which sister keeps putting off and off.

When a person's behaviour is a result of planning and strategy and is not spontaneous, He or she is creepy.
I think autistic people all too often lose the ability to behave naturally when we are made aware of the expectations of others.

well I'd just message her saying I like her but apparently a random guy messaging you on fb is creepy. shes a friend of my sister, so have no common group or place where we'd meet randomly. I guess I could buy a lot of pizza and talk to here but theres still the overwhelming problem that I'm too shy to do that and freeze up. and as women have said here they don't want to be asked out at work, on street, out and about, shopping, etc.

androbot01 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
It feels like there is an attempt being made to exclude women from the autistic community based on supposed lesser numbers or severity of autism.
Who did that?

I guess you don't notice it then.

I know what you mean about not wanting to be alone. I'm finding it quite tiresome. Not because of lack of sex (I have a friend with whom I get together,) but it would be nice to have someone to share my life with too.

theres a few people who seem to feel this way, it seems. hardly a big thing though, they'll probably leave except the one.
I want sex and share my life with. if and unlikely if I ever do get gf it'll probably be super old and lack a sex drive by then :( then she'll hate me cause I no need sex. but I won't have to deal with any of that.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:39 am

Well, I met the shy girl again tonight and she's still shy. I had been thinking I might ask her out to see a movie but I decided to play it slow based on her reactions to our conversation. She's not that into me yet. She may never be. At very least I should get to know her better.

Her body language was not reassuring. Like I said, she's a shy girl. Her shoulders were hunched forward. More-so when she laughed. I wasn't sure if she was scared of me or just scared of how she might appear. Maybe she has low self-esteem. She talked about how she's a perfectionist yet she knows she can never attain perfection.

Also, her eyes were wide open, pupils dilated. What was worse was that most of the time she didn't look directly at me most of the time. She usually glanced off to my right. She would only make eye contact when she wanted to make a point, at the end of sentences, etc. She could be one of those people who don't like to make eye contact with people.

Some of the things she said, I wondered if she was hinting at stuff. She said something about how we can't always have what we want and we mustn't hinge our hopes on just one plan. Then she said that she didn't cope with rejection very well. Wait, who was being rejected? Her or me? Then when they started packing up the tables she said it was a subtle hint that they were closing. Was she hinting that she was hinting?

Maybe she was never hinting at anything. Maybe everything she said she meant literally. But I have met some girls who speak almost entirely in riddles. Since that stuff she said about coping with rejection, etc came when she was talking about her career plans and how she's having trouble getting a job. She could have just meant she doesn't like getting rejected by employers.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 8:54 am

I don't know. Maybe she's just to reserved to be compatible with me... or with anyone. I just find it hard o imagine her bieng in a relationship with anyone.

She's intelligent but maybe she's well adjusted than I first thought. She mentioned that she suffered from depression. I don't hate people who suffer from depression but I wonder, which is more difficult to deal with, a depressed girl or a bipolar girl? She said her perfectionism was a part of her depression.

She doesn't seem to like herself very much. I would like to help her feel better about herself but I might just end up making things worse. It's not that I dislike her but I don't know if she would like me.

Maybe I would be better off trying to convince the other girl to come back to Adelaide. She's a lot more liberal. She's not charismatic but she's not so reserved.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 9:12 am

Or maybe I should have just asked her out. All the guys on Yahoo said I should have just manned up and asked her out already.

It seems to me that my problem is I overthink these things and most of the time I end up not actually asking the girl out. If I haven't been rejected too many times it's because I usually only ask a girl out when I'm almost absolutely certain she'll say yes, which occurs rarely.

With most of the girls I like, the reason I don't end up with them is not because they reject me but because I overthink things and decide they wouldn't like me. So then I don't ask them out. The problem with that is it's like I've given up before I've actually tried.

At least the other dateless wonders here have actually been rejected a lot of times, which means they must have asked girls out a lot of times. I think those who have success with women are those who ask girls out with little certainty. They can accept that they just have a chance. As they ask more girls out their probability of getting a date approaches one, even if none of the girls show any sign of being a guaranteed yes.

I guess I have to overcome my own shyness before I start worrying about someone else's. I fear rejection because I somehow feel like asking out a girl who was going to have rejected me is a sin. Like instead of just saying no she'll be offended that I asked her out in the first place. Maybe this is a delusion.