Why does the left feel the need to attack others all the tim

Page 1 of 14 [ 218 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

e

I hardly ever see the right doing so. I just want to be left alone nothing I does harms anyone . most people don't. yet the left always has to feel like they have to control everyone else. It really upsets me. I have a live and let live beliefs.

can't they just be happen living how they are and not have to make everyone else do like them think like them, live like them etc. :'(

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 8:45 pm

Left and Right are relative. You'll need to be more specific.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 8:56 pm

Yes of course it is the left wingers who stand outside abortion clinics, march in support of war, defend the right of police to shoot the unarmed, are the vast majority of those demanding the right to carry guns and are the most vocal in support of state sponsored murder, demand the right to teach nonsense in science classes, demand that homosexuals are not to marry :roll:

You cry that the left keeps attacking your views, in asking for live and let beliefs, the right is actually demanding that everyone conform to their version of do what you want. The left is asking that everyone take into consideration the lives and feeling of others, that if you want an abortion you should not be harrased by a mob, that if you are homosexual you should have the same rights as everyone else etc etc.

To suggest that you hardly ever see the "right doing so" rates as one of the most sheltered and naive comments I have ever seen on this sight. The right is constantly attacking a those who do not conform to their very narrow view of what "a good society should be"

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

I sat in plenty of Democratic Party strategy meetings from neighborhood precincts, to county and state parties, to the Democratic National Committee and the White House, and I can say that I heard them defend and rationalize "bending rules" and "ignoring laws" ... "because the Republicans do this and we need to level the playing field." They seemed to believe that the corruption they saw coming from the Republican Party validated their own corruption. Oh, sure; they didn't use those exact words, but the implication was heavy as they giggled after every self-granted permission. Gee, that is entirely admirable and logical!

That is when I decided to transition away from all political parties.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:14 pm

^ Ok so in your world view the Democrats are left wing?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:17 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
^ Ok so in your world view the Democrats are left wing?

During the time I spent with them, they claimed it themselves (this was before they embraced the stupid meme of being "progressives," claiming -- tongue in cheek -- it was a nod to President Theodore Roosevelt's partisan independence, not the thuggish communistic leaders of the Democratic Party in the 1920s and 1930s). Sure, there are minor political parties that are further leftist than the Democratic Party, but I limit my recognition of U.S. political parties to the largest three. It spares me from falling too far down any rabbit hole.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:28 pm

I just don't like cherrypicking. Either let us be totally free or accept we all gotta make some sacrifices but don't tell me I gotta wear a seat belt and not tell a parent to vaccinate their child.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:48 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I just don't like cherrypicking. Either let us be totally free or accept we all gotta make some sacrifices but don't tell me I gotta wear a seat belt and not tell a parent to vaccinate their child.

So it is only you who is affected by you smacking your brain to bits in a crash? the other people in this scenario have no input? As for vaccination how dare any person refuse vaccination for their child, it is not their right to put the kid at such risk. What are you going to suggest next don't tell me I cannot beat the crap out of my child, or have sexual relations with them.

MOst humans do not bother looking into subjects further than their own selfish interests, or in the case of vaccinations allow subjective nonsense and thought bubbles to sway their decision.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 9:52 pm

Vaccinations were created for a reason:

to prevent SERIOUS DISEASES.

If we don't vaccinate, we'll be back to square one. Kids would get polio again, as well as all those other lovely diseases like diphtheria.

Talk to someone who lived in the era before polio vaccination. You'll change your tune right fast!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 10:13 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

So it is only you who is affected by you smacking your brain to bits in a crash? the other people in this scenario have no input? As for vaccination how dare any person refuse vaccination for their child, it is not their right to put the kid at such risk. What are you going to suggest next don't tell me I cannot beat the crap out of my child, or have sexual relations with them.

MOst humans do not bother looking into subjects further than their own selfish interests, or in the case of vaccinations allow subjective nonsense and thought bubbles to sway their decision.

You cannot beat the crap out of your child or have sexual relationship with them and if you need a law to tell you that is not right then I don't know what to say. I know that isn't right so I don't need a law. I have respect for other people and having respect for them means you do not cross their boundaries or inflict violence upon them. It is part of my Gnostic religion, to respect all people.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 10:46 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Vaccinations were created for a reason:

to prevent SERIOUS DISEASES.

If we don't vaccinate, we'll be back to square one. Kids would get polio again, as well as all those other lovely diseases like diphtheria.

Talk to someone who lived in the era before polio vaccination. You'll change your tune right fast!

I'd recommend all here to read kraftiekortie's post carefully, especially the last paragraph, and to also read this:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=279856&p=6563717#p6563717

It looks like the OP has made this vaccination issue out to be far more partisan than it actually is.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 10:57 pm

sly279 wrote:
...the left always has to feel like they have to control everyone else.

True. They believe government control is the solution to everything. They are essentially totalitarians, and if they are not kept in check it will end in communism, nazism, or some other disaster.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 11:05 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Yes of course it is the left wingers who stand outside abortion clinics, march in support of war, defend the right of police to shoot the unarmed, are the vast majority of those demanding the right to carry guns and are the most vocal in support of state sponsored murder, demand the right to teach nonsense in science classes, demand that homosexuals are not to marry :roll:

If you were being graded, that would be worth an F.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 11:40 pm

Humanaut wrote:
sly279 wrote:

True. They believe government control is the solution to everything. They are essentially totalitarians, and if they are not kept in check it will end in communism, nazism, or some other disaster.

If that is true, why doesn't The Right let gays marry? It's their freedom to marry if they choose. Why is it The Right always cries about individual liberty but is completely paranoid and intolerant about same sex couples and marriage? If you cater a gay wedding, it doesn't mean that you are the one who actually performed the ceremony wedding them. It's just an excuse for The Right to declare they want to control who gets married and who doesn't.

A lot of times when The Right complains about certain laws, it's laws keeping people from being abused or endangering their health due to actions of others. They want us all to endure abuse and pollution until we can no longer breath, have chemical burns on our arms and faces, and have to wear a gas mask to go outside. It's all so the ones doing the abusing can be free to abuse and if someone has the audacity to say, "Hey, I don't want your lead in my water," you accuse them of being totalitarian or Nazis just for speaking up and demanding a better living environment.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 11:45 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
sly279 wrote:

If that is true, why doesn't The Right let gays marry? It's their freedom to marry if they choose. Why is it The Right always cries about individual liberty but is completely paranoid and intolerant about same sex couples and marriage? If you cater a gay wedding, it doesn't mean that you are the one who actually performed the ceremony wedding them. It's just an excuse for The Right to declare they want to control who gets married and who doesn't.

My personal opinion is that marriage is a religious issue and the government should not interfere. I am aghast at those on the religious right who want to turn over control of religious issues to the state.

I have no idea what you are talking about with "If you cater a gay wedding ...". What would catering have to do with controlling who gets married?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 11:46 pm

eric76 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
sly279 wrote:

My personal opinion is that marriage is a religious issue and the government should not interfere. I am aghast at those on the religious right who want to turn over control of religious issues to the state.

I have no idea what you are talking about with "If you cater a gay wedding ...". What would catering have to do with controlling who gets married?

Tell me, please, who were the first two people to get married? And, if you will kindly recall, it wasn't too long ago, The Right were planning to stick their noses into The Marriage issue by forming committees on saving marriages that were ending in divorce. It was The Right who wanted to get involved in saving marriages. They sure didn't seem too concerned about leaving it to the Church then, did they? There was a Marriage Initiative in this very state I live in designed to keep people marrying and preventing them from divorcing, all done through government and the state so you can bet The Right has no qualm with this particular issue and, apparently, believes it is the government's job to get men and women married and keep them that way. It is only when a Democrat is in the White House do they start acting like government has no business in marriage, or when it's ssm.