Why does the left feel the need to attack others all the tim

Page 13 of 14 [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm

Hi Walrus...haven't seen you in about three weeks.

One thing to keep in mind: autism existed before most of the vaccines were developed.

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2015, 1:08 am

Autism existed since before vaccines. But it is known without any trace of doubt the reported cases are exploding and have been exponentially since the 90's.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 7:44 am

Autism cases increased because people started getting tested for autism. Vaccines have nothing to do with it.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 8:41 am

polarity wrote:
Autism cases increased because people started getting tested for autism. Vaccines have nothing to do with it.

Yes, that is what we are told to believe by big-pharma, big-business and big-brother's government.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

Are there really enough anti-vaxers out there to pose a threat? I think it's more a matter of some people wanting to impose thier will on others by forcing them to do things they don't want to.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:51 am

Raptor wrote:
Are there really enough anti-vaxers out there to pose a threat? I think it's more a matter of some people wanting to impose thier will on others by forcing them to do things they don't want to.

I thought you knew that the Revolutionary War was fought by just three percent of Americans, Raptor. Of course, the many parents who delayed final committee vote on California's bill to eliminate parents' ability to seek a personal-belief exemption succeeded in their actions for now, and I doubt they numbered three percent of all Californians. I agree with your supposition that the question is about whether government can impose its will against those who believe that it is a constitutional matter which needs protecting.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I thought you knew that the Revolutionary War was fought by just three percent of Americans, Raptor. Of course, the many parents who delayed final committee vote on California's bill to eliminate parents' ability to seek a personal-belief exemption succeeded in their actions for now, and I doubt they numbered three percent of all Californians. I agree with your supposition that the question is about whether government can impose its will against those who believe that it is a constitutional matter which needs protecting.

The California bill would not have changed the way vaccinations are achieved. They simply would have removed all exemptions except for medical exemptions.

How many times do I have to say that? You guys just don't learn.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:28 pm

BTW, here is the text of the bill in question. This way, you guys don't have to put words into the legislators' mouths.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/15-16/bil ... duced.html

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:33 pm

beneficii wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Raptor wrote:

The California bill would not have changed the way vaccinations are achieved. They simply would have removed all exemptions except for medical exemptions.

How many times do I have to say that? You guys just don't learn.

I dont know what you and AspieUtah are talking about with California, which I believe there is already a thread on that alone. I'm talking about vaxxers vs anti-vaxxers in general. The comparative very few who won't vax is too small of a number to wring one's hands over unless one is a facist control freak.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 12:56 pm

Raptor wrote:
I dont know what you and AspieUtah are talking about with California, which I believe there is already a thread on that alone. I'm talking about vaxxers vs anti-vaxxers in general. The comparative very few who won't vax is too small of a number to wring one's hands over unless one is a facist control freak.

I am sorry about my reference to the California legislation, Raptor. I included it as an example only. And, I agree with you completely that those of us who choose to decline forcible vaccination shouldn't upset the "herd immunity" applecart. So, where is the risk?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 10:52 pm

A pediatrician and health researcher makes a video on how vaccines do NOT cause autism:

Apparently, the Wakefield study in 1998 included only about 9 children, and they all had autism. It's clear that the study

1.) had a too small a sample size to be authoritative on anything,

2.) did not have controls, and

3.) did not demonstrate any causation.

Since it was published, 10 out of 11 of the co-authors retracted their statements that there is a connection between vaccines and autism, while only Wakefield stuck by it. Apparently, this includes Walker-Smith himself who retracted his statement, too.

Also, since 1998, a number of studies comprising over 14,000,000 children (a far, far larger sample size), which had much more sound methodology than the Wakefield study, demonstrated no connection between vaccines and autism

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 11:10 pm

I personally consider myself to be a moderate. The main thing that bothers me about the far left is that everything has to be politically correct with them. If people publicly say things that offend someone on the left they are forced to apologize and are sometimes threatened. Maybe sometimes that happens from people on the right but it is less common.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 3:01 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Yes of course it is the left wingers who stand outside abortion clinics, march in support of war, defend the right of police to shoot the unarmed, are the vast majority of those demanding the right to carry guns and are the most vocal in support of state sponsored murder, demand the right to teach nonsense in science classes, demand that homosexuals are not to marry :roll:

You cry that the left keeps attacking your views, in asking for live and let beliefs, the right is actually demanding that everyone conform to their version of do what you want. The left is asking that everyone take into consideration the lives and feeling of others, that if you want an abortion you should not be harrased by a mob, that if you are homosexual you should have the same rights as everyone else etc etc.

To suggest that you hardly ever see the "right doing so" rates as one of the most sheltered and naive comments I have ever seen on this sight. The right is constantly attacking a those who do not conform to their very narrow view of what "a good society should be"

Well said....

Redstar2613
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2015, 5:35 am

It's just an attempt at making it look like there really are two completely opposing sides that wouldn't result in pretty much exactly the same outcome regardless of who gets "voted" in.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 5:47 am

I suppose we do it because it's fun...

Same reason as the right wing.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 7:51 am

Redstar2613 wrote:
It's just an attempt at making it look like there really are two completely opposing sides that wouldn't result in pretty much exactly the same outcome regardless of who gets "voted" in.

Exactly!