Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:53 am

The old folks called it Second Sight.

Mostly it is about seeing things others do not.

Seeing things that have not happened yet, seeing things that happened long ago.

The reports over time and distance, people report seeing the same things, but do give them different meaning.

Described the same, the flat black people have been called Shades, Wraiths, a shadow that looks and moves like a person. They are silent.

As a child I stayed at an old house my uncle bought cheap, because it was haunted. There were footsteps on the stairs, I was often waken by my name being called, there was no one there, but sometimes a cold spot on the stairs. It was all noise, never seen, sometimes felt. Poltergeist, Noisy Ghost. She was human, and knew us all by name.

It was locally know the house was haunted, but no one knew by whom. It was over a hundred years old, and had sat vacant for a long time. Walking on the stairs they creaked just like the weight of a human.

Other beings I have seen were not human, some moved like one, but looked like man shaped ants. I have also seen smaller ones, rabbit size, moving in small groups. To me they were glowing, and flexed when they moved. All of them moved over some ground level. I could not see it, but I could see them moving over it.

I have done some Divining Rituals, they worked. I was shown the answer to my question.

These all class as Minor Spirits, I heard of rituals to call Major Spirits, I never did. I have fallen through time and seen a future I reached years later. I have seen enough to know it is real, but have never been inclined to make it a full time job.

Perhaps I do, I write, and seem to draw on something beyond myself. Books have been written about artists who included details they could not have know, like they time traveled and looked upon the scene. Knowing things you were never taught is a sign of Second Sight. Some have natural talents that would take lifetimes to learn.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

Seriously though, I'd suggest just praying to God in Jesus' name. Tell it to leave in His name if you see it again.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 4:49 am

will@rd wrote:
Have you ever read Edwin Abbott's Flatland, in which all the characters are 2-dimensional geometric shapes living in a paper-flat world?

One day a sphere drops into their world, which can only be seen as a straight line that changes lengths (because they can only see the slice that's intersecting their reality).

Sounds like Mr. Abbott was poking fun at math physicists.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 10:25 am

Humanaut wrote:
Sounds like Mr. Abbott was poking fun at math physicists.

What is a "math physicist"?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

I'll just let it hang in the air.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 2:48 pm

I am sure that the novel was written as an academic exercise in math concepts, and not as a ghost story.

Actually- two dimensional creatures would see an intruding sphere, not as a line, but as a point that grows into a fat circle which then shrinks back to a point before disappearing. One dimensional creatures would see a two dimensional circle as a line that grows and then shrinks.

But back to the original post: as a famous rapper once said, "I've never had a ghost pull a knife on me, nor had a ghost try to lift my wallet."

So even if this this thing that you (the OP) saw is 'real' in some sense it still probably can't physically hurt you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I am sure that the novel was written as an academic exercise in math concepts, and not as a ghost story.

Actually- two dimensional creatures would see an intruding sphere, not as a line, but as a point that grows into a fat circle which then shrinks back to a point before disappearing. One dimensional creatures would see a two dimensional circle as a line that grows and then shrinks.

But back to the original post: as a famous rapper once said, "I've never had a ghost pull a knife on me, nor had a ghost try to lift my wallet."

So even if this this thing that you (the OP) saw is 'real' in some sense it still probably can't physically hurt you.

I know it could not physically hurt me, that wasn't really ever my concern...more curious as to what it means, like why I'd see it. Thinking back on it does not seem like it had any harmful intentions per-say, but why would it go out of its way to tap me on the shoulder? I admit I had a short moment of worry that it was some sign of death soon to come....like 'oh no is it the grim reaper(or some kind of spirit representation of death) tapping me on the shoulder to warn me of my untimely death.' but I'm not dead so I've dismissed that particular notion.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:32 pm

Sweetleaf has gone missing. No posts in days.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

Inventor wrote:

Sweetleaf posted on a thread of mine just yesterday. Maybe she's just not interested in this thread anymore.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 6:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I know it could not physically hurt me, that wasn't really ever my concern...more curious as to what it means, like why I'd see it. Thinking back on it does not seem like it had any harmful intentions per-say, but why would it go out of its way to tap me on the shoulder? I admit I had a short moment of worry that it was some sign of death soon to come....like 'oh no is it the grim reaper(or some kind of spirit representation of death) tapping me on the shoulder to warn me of my untimely death.' but I'm not dead so I've dismissed that particular notion.

Like you- I don't know what to make of it either.

Keeps us posted if you see it again!

Basically rational people can see strange things. A friend confided to me about something that happened to him when he was decades younger and was hitchhiking across the country, and slept under highway bridges. One time he woke up from sleeping under a bridge with a strange slimy monkey like creature with its "webbed hand" on his face. The monkey-thing then ran off into the woods making a chortling sound. He encountered it again on the journey, but after the journey never saw it again. Black like a cast iron piece of furniture. Again- I dont know WHAT to make of it.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 2:54 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
So last night, I was sitting at my computer....or I guess early in the morning it was like 2:40 am, and was just checking a couple things before I went to bed. Well out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure, wearing a black cloak out of the corner of my eye....and it tapped me on the shoulder, and it felt weird when it did that hard to explain the feeling though. What the hell ghost, spiritual being or whatever appears as a figure you cannot see aside from the black cloak it wears that taps you on the shoulder. When it happened it scared me, and I shortly went to bed with lights on of course...but now I just want to know what it's supposed to mean. Does anyone here have any insight about this kind of thing? or does this just sound iike pure parnoid bS and some sign that I'm crazier than I thought?

Google floaters...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 5:17 pm

Inventor wrote:
The old folks called it Second Sight.

Mostly it is about seeing things others do not.

Seeing things that have not happened yet, seeing things that happened long ago.

The reports over time and distance, people report seeing the same things, but do give them different meaning.

Described the same, the flat black people have been called Shades, Wraiths, a shadow that looks and moves like a person. They are silent.

As a child I stayed at an old house my uncle bought cheap, because it was haunted. There were footsteps on the stairs, I was often waken by my name being called, there was no one there, but sometimes a cold spot on the stairs. It was all noise, never seen, sometimes felt. Poltergeist, Noisy Ghost. She was human, and knew us all by name.

It was locally know the house was haunted, but no one knew by whom. It was over a hundred years old, and had sat vacant for a long time. Walking on the stairs they creaked just like the weight of a human.

Other beings I have seen were not human, some moved like one, but looked like man shaped ants. I have also seen smaller ones, rabbit size, moving in small groups. To me they were glowing, and flexed when they moved. All of them moved over some ground level. I could not see it, but I could see them moving over it.

I have done some Divining Rituals, they worked. I was shown the answer to my question.

These all class as Minor Spirits, I heard of rituals to call Major Spirits, I never did. I have fallen through time and seen a future I reached years later. I have seen enough to know it is real, but have never been inclined to make it a full time job.

Perhaps I do, I write, and seem to draw on something beyond myself. Books have been written about artists who included details they could not have know, like they time traveled and looked upon the scene. Knowing things you were never taught is a sign of Second Sight. Some have natural talents that would take lifetimes to learn.

I have heard of the term second sight, and it would seem the description fits some of the extra sort of perceptions I seem to have at times...so there could certainly be something to that. Though how do you know these shades as they can be called are flat per say? I mean I didn't get a good look at it but it didn't seem flat....are they flat in their dimension but can be perceived otherwise here or something like that.

Also though a few months back I had an experience kind of similar it was early morning hours and I went outside for a cigarette. And saw what looked like a shadowy human figure, wearing old looking clothes like quite dated more like how people have dressed historically just standing off to the side of me..when I looked it faded but I did get a good look. It seemed to have a rather sad/melancholy vibe but didn't seem threatening and even after I couldn't see this figure anymore I still felt the presence. That one certainly was not flat....as for the shade looking thing that tapped me, not sure as I barely got any look at it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 5:20 pm

pcuser wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
So last night, I was sitting at my computer....or I guess early in the morning it was like 2:40 am, and was just checking a couple things before I went to bed. Well out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure, wearing a black cloak out of the corner of my eye....and it tapped me on the shoulder, and it felt weird when it did that hard to explain the feeling though. What the hell ghost, spiritual being or whatever appears as a figure you cannot see aside from the black cloak it wears that taps you on the shoulder. When it happened it scared me, and I shortly went to bed with lights on of course...but now I just want to know what it's supposed to mean. Does anyone here have any insight about this kind of thing? or does this just sound iike pure parnoid bS and some sign that I'm crazier than I thought?

Google floaters...

Doubtful, I have my screen dimly lit at night....not to mention I was not on google, it was a facebook game that I had on fullscreen so there wasn't any black on white contrast like browsing google or places like that. Also I know what floaters look like I can get them from looking at a screen or being in the sun and then getting inside or into shade and they are multicolored floating lines or circles/blotches. Not dark hooded looking figures that vanish when you turn to look...in fact I gotta blink a lot to get floaters out of my vision.

But it was a good theory.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 5:48 pm

starkid wrote:
Inventor wrote:

Sweetleaf posted on a thread of mine just yesterday. Maybe she's just not interested in this thread anymore.

Lol If I remember right I went camping a few days after posting this then was busy...the following days.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 6:08 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:

Seriously though, I'd suggest just praying to God in Jesus' name. Tell it to leave in His name if you see it again.

Not sure that would do me much good...due to my more pagan leanings. Also I believe Jesus very well could have been a real person, just not sure I believe in the whole son of god savior thing not to knock anyone who does believe in that, just not my cup of tea.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2015, 6:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Like you- I don't know what to make of it either.

Keeps us posted if you see it again!

Basically rational people can see strange things. A friend confided to me about something that happened to him when he was decades younger and was hitchhiking across the country, and slept under highway bridges. One time he woke up from sleeping under a bridge with a strange slimy monkey like creature with its "webbed hand" on his face. The monkey-thing then ran off into the woods making a chortling sound. He encountered it again on the journey, but after the journey never saw it again. Black like a cast iron piece of furniture. Again- I dont know WHAT to make of it.

Maybe a spirit guide of sorts....would make sense to me, I tend not to easily dismiss such notions though I wouldn't claim to have a full understanding as to the why. But I certainly lean towards believing there is some form of spirit world but yes it can be difficult to know what to make of such things generally, of course humans also always want answers....maybe there isn't always a concrete answer. But yeah even in my circle of friends/aquantinces people talk of seeing strange things so its not just me...admittedly I feel a little less crazy when I have it reminded to me I am not the only one.