Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which of these things do you spend more time worrying about?
SJW's 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
WW3 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Feminism. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
White Privilege. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Becoming a slave/ getting worked to death. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Public shaming. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Lingering death. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Social media tattle tale culture. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That people in power might be psychopathic idiots in thrall to malevolent special interests that are possibly fans of Thomas Malthus. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Mercenary academic obscurantism. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
GW 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yellowstone SV. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Insignificance of man in big and indifferent universe. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That your life is some variant of The Truman Show. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
That you will not reach your goals. 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
Homelessness. 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Religious extremism. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Misc phobias. 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Something else. 22%  22%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 46

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2015, 3:31 pm

will@rd wrote:
I didn't see GMOs, Contrails and New World Order FEMA Death Camps on the list. 8O

Yes! I voted "That people in power might be psychopathic idiots in thrall to malevolent special interests that are possibly fans of Thomas Malthus." And I'd like to point out that that is not some "might", not some possibility, it is an absolute fact. Lobbying and cronyism is the beginning and end of this country's problems, how deep and conspiratorial you want to get is up to you, but there should be absolutely no hesitation in assuming the worst of intentions to the people in power. No accusation that could possibly be made should be considered too out of bounds or "crazy".

OP - you have several checkboxes for obnoxious popular social issues (SJW/feminism/white privilege/etc) yet nothing for the environment? Nothing about the melting polar ice caps, Fukushima disaster poisoning the Pacific, China's carelessness spreading all over the world, mass deforestation of tropical rainforests in Asia and South America, etc?

I worry about people not seeing the big picture, and that is one that would look past these shallow and most likely unsolvable human issues towards larger, more all-inclusive issues that effect all creatures on this planet and the planet as a whole.

Last edited by XJ220RACER on 13 Apr 2015, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 3:32 pm

will@rd wrote:
I didn't see GMOs, Contrails and New World Order FEMA Death Camps on the list. 8O

But aren't those things irrational?

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 5:53 pm

will@rd wrote:

I would file issues with GMO's under mercenary academic obscurantism.

NWO can be summed up under psychopathic leaders. I'm not thrilled with this conspiracy, since NWO has been used to describe different things like FTA's and the fall of communism. Yet the conspiracists seem to assume that it's only used in reference to a single vision for a monolithic world government, and they cite leaders who have used the term as if it adds credence to the theory. I'm sorry, but that's not what most of those people meant by NWO.

I would change FDC's to Prison Industrial Complex, since I don't know anything about FDC's except that some pretty sketchy people talk about them a lot. I forgot to put PID down, though.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 8:21 pm

XJ220RACER wrote:
will@rd wrote:

OP - you have several checkboxes for obnoxious popular social issues (SJW/feminism/white privilege/etc) yet nothing for the environment? Nothing about the melting polar ice caps, Fukushima disaster poisoning the Pacific, China's carelessness spreading all over the world, mass deforestation of tropical rainforests in Asia and South America, etc?

-GW is Global Warming. I was deliberately being flippant.

-Putting WW3 under SJW's was a joke.

-File Fukashima under mercenary academic obscurantism.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
If your landlord is connected to a management company, as with my apartment house, then you have every reason to distrust them. To call management companies Nazis would be putting Nazis in a bad light.
As with your experience, things have changed here for the worse. They try to stick you with the bill for repairs, and those repairs are of an inferior quality. They constantly have inspections of our apartments, allegedly looking to make repairs, but in fact to nickel and dime tenants for house keeping issues. But the straw that broke the camel's back came when the manager had threatened our cat, Lovecraft. We had been told in the past that a single pet deposit of four hundred dollars would cover any animals we would have on the premises. Since then, they told us they wanted an extra four hundred. Well, as my daughter is autistic, we got a doctor's note making the cat a companion animal, which would nullify the pet deposit. This was not only denied, but we were told to "get rid of the cat." The reasoning had been, as we had had a cat that we had had to get rid of named Kafka which had done some damage to the carpet and the blinds, they now claim they think (so they claim) Lovecraft is the one who had actually done the damage :roll:. Well, that would have broken my little girl's heart. Did they seriously believe my wife and I were going to choose this place over our daughter?
We have since found a place we that is more of a smaller operation, who choose their tenants on a personal basis. So far, the feedback we've gotten sounds good. On top of that, there are families with kids living there, which is a plus for our daughter, as well as a pool and a play set. And to answer your question: yes, I think we can trust this new place. 8) As you hadn't signed the lease, does that mean you are free to leave whenever you like?
Good luck with your situation.

justkillingtime-

I should have made clear, this response was for you. 8)

Thank you, Kraichgauer. So far, I have not signed the lease which expires 4/30. I am free to leave whenever I like but month-to-month is approximately $100-$150 more a month. The management company is one of the biggest in the United States. It used to keep the managers and staff for years but now I only know one maintenance man. There is a high turn-over of staff.

The lease seems to say the renter is responsible for clean carpet, etc. when they leave. Previously, when I left, I emptied the apartment and vacuumed. The lease seems to indicate they take into account normal wear and tear but will charge for carpet cleaning and repairs. It depends on how you define normal wear and tear. They used to have cleaners go to apartments when residents moved out. I have not seen them for years. I am thinking they expect you to clean the apartment to standards for people to move into. I have lived here about 15 or more years. I worry about a large cleaning bill or laboring on cleaning when I move out. My daughter found other questionable issues with the lease but I forget what they were.

I am sorry you had to get rid of Kafka. At least here, they have not gone after the pets. I have three cats which hinders my options for moving. I plan to move to the area where my daughter lives but 3 cats is a problem. It is sort of a matter of waiting until one or two cats pass away as all three are elderly. I just can't decide about the lease. I think I will compile my questions and email them to management but that is not exactly legally binding.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm

I never worry.

IT takes me 53 years to figure out;

THAT pArt is totally up to me; IF, I learn
how to regulate the emotion of worry,
through greater imaginative and
creative physical intelligence;

And I jUST do THAT

all the time

NOW.

Interestingly,

that's not
an option
in 'the
poll'.

Life with zero anxiety,
is like Heaven,
as all that's
left
IS
Unconditional
Love @least for mEiNOW...:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

SKSFox1999
Raven
Raven

15 Apr 2015, 2:10 pm

My future job

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2015, 6:56 am

Social Justice Warriors (polite term for Cultural Marxists), Neo-Conservatism, Religious Fundamentalism, Orwellianism, the foreseeable international fiat currency collapse (I worry this even more than Yellowstone), continuance of depleted individual freedoms (going on for decades), Individuality being undermined by the malignancy of Identity Politics and Collective Conformance.

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2015, 10:28 pm

More than one option on here kinda worries me. Can't choose just two.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 6:12 am

Internet polls.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

A long, long period of zero interest rates. Banks are getting free monies from the ECB and doing nothing with it, Dutch and German bonds are at around 0%, this doesn't work anymore. Stocks are going up like crazy, but the value of the euro is dropping fast, so in the end I just get more euros for them but since they are worth less I'm not actually making money from them. Euro lost some 25% in a short time, would take a lot of yield or appreciation of stocks to make up for that.