Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

absatlow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

I was jailed for 15hrs for something stupid before which was a house fight with my former roommates

Bawa9090
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2015, 11:58 am

So disappointing.Our system seems not to care about anyone.

absatlow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2015, 1:43 pm

Yes agreed.

Cops and jails profit when autistic people are incarcerated. I am an entrepreneur and run a nonprofit called AviCares right now. Some people see those with ASD as nothing more than a dollar bill. Jails charge a fee to inmates for room and board, fees for transferring money, buying jail clothes and hygiene products, etc. Each local government gets paid money from the federal government for each inmate they bring to prison. Some police departments fire cops that don't incarcerate a certain number of people. Some jails are for profit and make more money with every inmate in their prison. All this is hidden from the general public. It is not just bad stigma that gets those with ASD in the criminal justice system. While all of us are suffering, someone else is getting rich due to this.

Wanted to add this to contribute to the conversation things you may not consider about ASD jailing.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm

What's going on in the US? :(

Can't understand there are so many people who want to live there and think the grass is greener there.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 3:16 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
What's going on in the US? :(

Can't understand there are so many people who want to live there and think the grass is greener there.

Well, the grass is actually very green. My neighbor's lawn is greener than an emerald. So, if you are a grass enthusiast, America might be right for you.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Gromit
Veteran
Veteran

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 5:19 am

This story just makes me want to cry. Authorities are extremely concerned about the safety and well-being of pupils when an autistic child kicks a rubbish bin, yet they could not care less about what else happens in schools, such as bullying. No justice at all.