Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 6:01 pm

Rollo wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
That's right! Europe is actually a peninsula as there is no geological boundary between Europe and Asia. Before Peter the great the boundary was the Russia border. But he decided to extend the boundary to the Ural mountains and named the western-most part of his nation "European Russia". So why do Euroweenies still cling to the antiquated idea that is is? Asia is also not a continent. Thy both are part of a single continent which happens to be the largest on Earth: EURASIA.

I guess they just wanna feel speshul and can't bear the idea that they live on the same continent with people who ain't white like them.

Lol, more like any non-white who gets offended by white people calling Europe a continent (and wants to make a political point out of it!) can't bear the idea of white people having an identity that excludes them. Whining "what makes you think you're so special?" at a group who want to exclude your group from something is kind of analagous to some creep whining "what makes you think you're so special?" at people who don't want to hang out with him or at girls who don't want to go out with him.

Are you non-white yourself or do you just like getting offended on non-whites' behalf?

The OP and I got into a scuffle about side issues.

But his basic thesis is right: that Europe is not a "continent", and calling it that is a Eurocentric holdover from from the age of the European colonial empires. Europe is a peninsula of Asia. Can't figure out what you're rabbiting on about.

Rollo
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2015, 7:11 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Rollo wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
That's right! Europe is actually a peninsula as there is no geological boundary between Europe and Asia. Before Peter the great the boundary was the Russia border. But he decided to extend the boundary to the Ural mountains and named the western-most part of his nation "European Russia". So why do Euroweenies still cling to the antiquated idea that is is? Asia is also not a continent. Thy both are part of a single continent which happens to be the largest on Earth: EURASIA.

I guess they just wanna feel speshul and can't bear the idea that they live on the same continent with people who ain't white like them.

Lol, more like any non-white who gets offended by white people calling Europe a continent (and wants to make a political point out of it!) can't bear the idea of white people having an identity that excludes them. Whining "what makes you think you're so special?" at a group who want to exclude your group from something is kind of analagous to some creep whining "what makes you think you're so special?" at people who don't want to hang out with him or at girls who don't want to go out with him.

Are you non-white yourself or do you just like getting offended on non-whites' behalf?

But his basic thesis is right: that Europe is not a "continent", and calling it that is a Eurocentric holdover from from the age of the European colonial empires. Europe is a peninsula of Asia.

I'm not disputing that Europe is not a continent in the geological sense. I'm pointing out the OP's anti-white whining (using plate tectonics as a pretext, lol!) for what it is. Every race-culture sees the world from a 'themselves-centric' point of view, but people like Lazar only ever whine about Eurocentrism. Odd that, isn't it.

naturalplastic wrote:
Can't figure out what you're rabbiting on about.

It's not complicated.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm

Rollo wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Analogy fail. And yes, I AM white. And yes, sometimes I like pissing in white nationalist' cornflakes.

But this really isn't a question of racial identity, it's a question of geography(and geology to some extent).

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 9:48 pm

Rollo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Rollo wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

But his basic thesis is right: that Europe is not a "continent", and calling it that is a Eurocentric holdover from from the age of the European colonial empires. Europe is a peninsula of Asia.

I'm not disputing that Europe is not a continent in the geological sense. I'm pointing out the OP's anti-white whining (using plate tectonics as a pretext, lol!) for what it is. Every race-culture sees the world from a 'themselves-centric' point of view, but people like Lazar only ever whine about Eurocentrism. Odd that, isn't it.

naturalplastic wrote:
Can't figure out what you're rabbiting on about.

It's not complicated.

Do you want some cheese with that white whine? :mrgreen:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 4:37 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Analogy fail. And yes, I AM white. And yes, sometimes I like pissing in white nationalist' cornflakes.

But this really isn't a question of racial identity, it's a question of geography(and geology to some extent).

It has nothing to do with geology. Continents have no relevance to geology.

As explained all definitions of Continents are arbitrary, they are not explaining natural phenomena at.

As far as geography is concerned only to the extent you might use a definition to categorize an arbitrary region. This is a soft science aspect.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 3:18 pm

its like watching people argue over which shade of blue the sky is. they'll never agree and it doesn't' really matter.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 3:51 pm

Glorious Yurop is a continent because the Yuropeans said so. No other reason.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Glorious Yurop is a continent because the Yuropeans said so. No other reason.

Seconded. That's why I prefer to call their home Eurasia.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:18 pm

I would say that it's incontinent.

But it all Depends.