Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

GeekInCloset
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2015, 3:36 pm

I can swear I am Bipolar but my mom and dad don't think I am, yet there are different levels of Bipolar from totally manic or deeply depressed to quite manic and slightly lighter depression. Bipolar runs in the family, my uncle has it and has it pretty bad. Its either I am Aspie and Bipolar or Aspie with traits of Bipolar. I am on 15mg of Lexapro, its ok but doesn't work the best, especially for the depression, I was pretty stable for about 1 year until I guess my body got used to it and no longer feels it works. I have a pretty heavy history of severe depression, severe anxiety and suicide attempts, when ever I am depressed no matter how bad or how "good" it may be I always get suicidal thoughts. I have been hospitalised due to severe anxiety and other things I won't mention for those of you that are young. I have my manic moments, probably due to the autism but I do have pretty crazy manic moments at times. I know its hard to tell if someone is Bipolar via the internet, but I want to get it clear whether its just Autism that makes me feel this way or is there something else such as Bipolar.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 1:06 pm

GeekInCloset wrote:
I can swear I am Bipolar but my mom and dad don't think I am, yet there are different levels of Bipolar from totally manic or deeply depressed to quite manic and slightly lighter depression. Bipolar runs in the family, my uncle has it and has it pretty bad. Its either I am Aspie and Bipolar or Aspie with traits of Bipolar. I am on 15mg of Lexapro, its ok but doesn't work the best, especially for the depression, I was pretty stable for about 1 year until I guess my body got used to it and no longer feels it works. I have a pretty heavy history of severe depression, severe anxiety and suicide attempts, when ever I am depressed no matter how bad or how "good" it may be I always get suicidal thoughts. I have been hospitalised due to severe anxiety and other things I won't mention for those of you that are young. I have my manic moments, probably due to the autism but I do have pretty crazy manic moments at times. I know its hard to tell if someone is Bipolar via the internet, but I want to get it clear whether its just Autism that makes me feel this way or is there something else such as Bipolar.

why not have a Psychiatrist clarify if you are Bipolar??
there is no way ASD is causing your symptoms

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2015, 3:09 pm

GeekInCloset wrote:

This sounds like manic depression to me. Although if it keep s coming back, which that wouldn't usually unless meltdowns are frequent, I would relate it to something like schizoaffective autism.
Treatments are available, I wouldn't go by everything I suggest as I often take the pill when lacking in oestrogen.
Paroxetine is one where it phases out depressive phases and panic episodes but I tried to get my doctor to prescribe me Amox, but here in the U.K, it seems there isn't a drug available on prescription.
If you are just getting episodes I wouldn't analyse it a great deal, but cognitive counselling should help and I took it you were from the U.K too, because I noticed the IBM logo my uncle used to work for.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/p ... order.aspx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/tags.php?s ... ag=anxiety

"Women are made to be loved, not understood."

Eric2971
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2015, 12:11 pm

Depression and Anxiety are the most common comorbids when it come to ASD. From what you have described, it does not appear that you have manic occurrences anywhere close to the level of depressive episodes you suffer. When I was diagnosed, I described what I thought were some manic episodes to the Doc. He questioned me pretty thoroughly and explained that they seemed like times when I simply got exited about one of my focuses. When you suffer from a persistent depressive disorder (which seems more likely in your case), anything that causes you to get exited about something can feel like you've finally become alive and full of energy. That being said, only a professional can diagnose you. Btw, if your depression is not being helped by the Lexapro anymore then talk with your doctor. For myself, I have had great luck with Wellbutrin. Not only for the depression either. If you do suffer from bi-polar, its also prescribed for that. Off label, it has some clinical evidence that it helps both anxiety and ADHD-PI. And it works for me, better than the 8 medications they had me on before, now I just take 2.

Quetiapine 300mg Morning
Quetiapine 100mg Night
Depakote 1500mg Night
Sertaline 75mg 2xDaily
Bupropion 100mg 2xDaily
Gabapentin 600mg Morning
Gabapentin 300mg Night

Imagine my therapist's embarrassment when it turned out they really were after me.;)

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2015, 7:41 am

The earlier posters are correct--depression and AS are sometimes comorbids.

You should go see a doctor or get your parents to let you go see a doctor.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 1:31 am

GeekInCloset wrote:

So what do you think of our responses?