Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

which party do you identify on the issues most often?
Republican 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Democrat 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
Green 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
Libertarian 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Minor/No affiliation 38%  38%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 39

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 9:43 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pat Robertson. Mike Huckabee. Franklin Graham. Tim LaHaye. Every one of these evangelical religious leaders - and most of the others - are to the far right. I don't dispute that there are left leaning Christians - I happen to be one - but it can not be denied that right wing evangelicals dominate conservative politics in red states. Again, why would the Republican party adopt a clearly bigoted, anti-LGBT stance as a party platform? Why have they taken a stand against evolution and other aspects of science that clashes with a literalistic interpretation of the Bible?

maybe cause they are elected in the deep south and there fore say and do what they think will get them elected. republicans here aren't like that. I don't think bush was a real christian. all politicians lie non are an exception i doubt most of them believe in anything they say. I really haven't seen much action from the right except in trying to defund obama care. or stop an appointment. the left though is always super busy trying to ban stuff.

lots of christians dem or republican don't want gay marriage, don't get why, but it is. so if the dems have the gay vote and you can't get them, go after the other side. cause if you go for the gay votes you won't get them and you won't get the no gay marriage votes either now you've lost all the pie. why do you think lots of republicans like romney pretend to support gun rights, not because they like guns, its cause they know they can't get the anties vote and the left has loss the gun votes so go for those. its a long old political ines. if the democrat party came out tomorrow saying they were pro gun now , no one would trust them. they have a long standing anti gun policy. both sides are just keeping to their polices regardless if they are outdated and bigoted. it's what they've always done why change now. neither side wants to give in or change. thats why most people are just independent or non politically biased. common thing I hear is 10% dem, 10% rep, and 80% middle. most election races focus on the middle but have to be safe not to lose the votes they already have. whole system is just lies and deceit. it's just sickening

so its like people saying the democrat party is all just anti gun, feminist, atheists. mean those are the most out spoken people in it. so it must all be that.

It's doubtlessly true that plenty of politicians pull the party line, whether it's gay rights or gun rights, and that the base isn't so divided on such issues as the official parties are. But regardless, the religious right leans toward the Republican party, while those who support gay rights are more likely to vote Democratic. If those rules don't so much apply to your neck of the woods, they most certainly do throughout the rest of the country.