Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:04 pm

Um, no.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I wouldn't say that anyone should be forced to wear them, but I think it would be helpful if MedicAlert bracelets existed for various mental, neurological, and psychiatric conditions. They would have to be discreet enough not to scream out what they were for unless you took a close look at them, though.

Which conditions would you want to alert people to, and why? Are you sure you want to head down that slippery slope?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:42 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
Um, no.

It will never happen. Both the gun lobby, civil libertarians,and the sense of right and wrong of the American people, are far too powerful for such a scheme to happen.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 10:29 pm

KimD wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I wouldn't say that anyone should be forced to wear them, but I think it would be helpful if MedicAlert bracelets existed for various mental, neurological, and psychiatric conditions. They would have to be discreet enough not to scream out what they were for unless you took a close look at them, though.

Which conditions would you want to alert people to, and why? Are you sure you want to head down that slippery slope?

What slippery slope? MedicAlert already makes fairly discreet pendants. http://www.medicalert.org/products/ever ... id-dog-tag I wouldn't have a problem putting "autism" on mine, that is if I were extremely prone to meltdowns or shutdowns. It should all come down to personal choice though; NO ONE should be forced to wear them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 11:01 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
KimD wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

What slippery slope? MedicAlert already makes fairly discreet pendants. http://www.medicalert.org/products/ever ... id-dog-tag I wouldn't have a problem putting "autism" on mine, that is if I were extremely prone to meltdowns or shutdowns. It should all come down to personal choice though; NO ONE should be forced to wear them.

Medical alerts are one thing, but the equivalent of a "Star of David," Jews were forced to wear in Nazi Germany, is quite another.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 11:22 pm

It's always good to wear/have some form of identification on you if you have problems with communication.

I carry an autism card in my wallet if for some reason I'm unable to respond to people (which happens in my case, because: autism).

Of course, there's a difference between voluntarily and not.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 1:10 am

Meh, the Daily Mirror is just a Internet tabloid more or LESS, and its 'sister papers'
that still occasionally sensationalize the vaccine/autism controversy just to get more readers, as well.

Obviously, the Lady is concerned about the welfare of Autistic folks, in her well intentioned statement that is aimed at more severely impacted folks, overall.

And yes, some folks do see the need, as is reported in this thread for medical identification, to keep them out of trouble with the law, and such as that as a common sense measure to avoid the mistakes of others in preconceived notions of BEHAVIOR OBSERVED, AS 'faulty' reciprocal social communication. Truly there is the potential; that in these cases identification, can be a potential injury saver or EVEN LIFE SAVER, as well, particularly with kids who tend to wander.

But anyway, the 'Daily Mirror' folks who run that paper, know as well as anyone else here that this will not be enforced by law across the board anymore that it currently is, as NOT, WITH FOLKS WHO have much more severe medical disorders.

It's like the conspiracy fears of Obama, taking the guns away.

And rags like THE DAILY MIRROR, do propagate conspiracy fears through
exaggerating stuff just like this, to get folks hot under the collar and
talking to do free advertisement for their rags. I do not take anything
any of those 'rags' write, seriously, for the 'cause of stuff just like this.

But anyway, the Daily Mirror appreciates all the additional view of that

'RAG'; mission accomplished, here, at least for the DAILY MIRROR ALONE..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 1:42 am

starkid wrote:
sly279 wrote:
starkid wrote:
sly279 wrote:
was starkid turning this into a gay debate with his similar post about what if a woman was gay and mentally ill?

Are you kidding? It was a joke. I didn't post anything even remotely debate-like. And I'm not a damned guy.

what does you not being a guy have to do with it o.O

Read your own post. You referred to my post as "his" post.

sorry.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 1:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
starkid wrote:
sly279 wrote:
was starkid turning this into a gay debate with his similar post about what if a woman was gay and mentally ill?

Are you kidding? It was a joke. I didn't post anything even remotely debate-like. And I'm not a damned guy.

mine wasn't meant to be debat like either :roll:

what does you not being a guy have to do with it o.O

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just who the hell is supposed to make gun owners wear a scarlet letter? Where have you gotten this information that anyone wants to do such a thing?

been talked about here and other sites.
that gun owners should have something to identify them so others know. they should have signs outside their house, they should have to go door to door like a sex offender telling people they own a gun. all for the safety of the public.

why does my thing become a debate but starkids doesn't o.O you read both but question mine. why? no one else did and if you hadn't this debate or fight or whatever never would have been. yet I'm the one to blame :(

you say you don't argue gun stuff cause you aren't invested in it but yet here you are o.O

Just because some individuals posting on obscure sites like WP want gun owners to wear some sort of sign or other hardly makes it at all probable or likely to happen. :lol:
Forgive me, but I wasn't trying to debate gun rights; I was just incredulous of that particular claim.
But trust me, it'll never happen.

so then why talk about his, this was said by a would be politician. the lists and such for gun owners said by senators and representatives. people who have power in making such things happen if not for republicans.

how about we just drop it.