Total votes : 46

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 7:53 pm

thewrite1 wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
thewrite1 wrote:
Hell no. We're stigmatized enough without someone forcing us to wear a big sign. It's one thing if you choose to wear a wristband (for example, someone needing accommodations might wear a wristband to ensure he/she gets them), but to be forced to wear one? No. Just no.

Maybe the wristband proponents in the U.K. government could resurrect the color schemes that German Nazis developed for their concentration-camp badges (the "mentally ill" were forced to wear black badges). Why waste government funds just to reinvent the wheel?

Glad to see I wasn't the only thinking Nazi Germany when I heard this.

I think that was the immediate thought among most of us.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 12:54 am

Gosh no. This reminds me of WWII when all the Jews had to wear a star on their shirt. This should be a personal choice. I would hate to walk around with the autism badge.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:03 am

Such a system sounds disturbingly akin to the star of David that the Jews were forced to wear during the second world war... right before they were rounded up and murdered en masse. I believe wristbands can be helpful for alerting people to the fact that we have unique needs -- I myself wear one for such purposes -- however, forcing people to wear one as a means of identifying themselves, I suspect, would only lead to bad things and discrimination.

Edit: Just noticed that League Girl and I, among others, formed the same conclusion.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:31 am

anti gunners want something similar for gun owners. guess I'd have a few badges :roll:

maybe they can make lists of all the autistics too. you know for our safety.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:47 am

sly279 wrote:
anti gunners want something similar for gun owners. guess I'd have a few badges :roll:

And who might those anti-gunners be? I ask, especially since gun owners can be identified simply by possessing guns.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 3:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

And who might those anti-gunners be? I ask, especially since gun owners can be identified simply by possessing guns.

nope you can't cause you can't even see the guns. gun owners look and act like everyone else. thats why they want lists and badges and to share the list on a map so people can know that nice family down the street is a horrible evil gun owners.

just like you can't tell someone has a disorder or owns a dildo, or if they went to college. you don't know what people do at home or elsewhere when you see them out and about.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:01 am

Zzzz why is this turning into a gun debate? There are plenty of threads to choose from.

Somebody came up with a stupid idea was rightly condemned, then queue the anti-British nonsense.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:55 am

I wouldn't say that anyone should be forced to wear them, but I think it would be helpful if MedicAlert bracelets existed for various mental, neurological, and psychiatric conditions. They would have to be discreet enough not to scream out what they were for unless you took a close look at them, though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:12 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
Zzzz why is this turning into a gun debate? There are plenty of threads to choose from.

Somebody came up with a stupid idea was rightly condemned, then queue the anti-British nonsense.

I know, I know; and I refuse to get dragged into another endless war of words like I have in the past. People are emotionally dedicated to one side or the other in the gun debate, and in all honesty, I don't understand it. I used to give my two cents about my opinions that I thought were just common sense, but others saw that as a challenge to their fundamental beliefs. So I just don't argue a point that I'm not all that invested in. I'll stick to issues I'm genuinely motivated by, such as civil rights for racial and sexual minorities, labor rights, and the need for a social safety net that will be needed as long as the poor and disabled are disenfranchised by our dog-eat-dog society.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 10:50 pm

Quote:
Should We Be Forced To Wear Wristbands?

Not just no but hell no!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:05 am

0_equals_true wrote:

cause i think it funny how people say we should do stuff like this for gun owners but do it to aspies and oh snap hell no.

humans are so self centered and only care when something directly effects them. I find it funny and incredibly depressing.

I don't think anyone should be labeled or put on lists.

just couldn't' resist bring up the double standard.

was starkid turning this into a gay debate with his similar post about what if a woman was gay and mentally ill?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:51 am

that comes right up to having to have the mark of the beast to buy or sell.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:01 am

sly279 wrote:
was starkid turning this into a gay debate with his similar post about what if a woman was gay and mentally ill?

Are you kidding? It was a joke. I didn't post anything even remotely debate-like. And I'm not a damned guy.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:09 am

sly279 wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:

cause i think it funny how people say we should do stuff like this for gun owners but do it to aspies and oh snap hell no.

humans are so self centered and only care when something directly effects them. I find it funny and incredibly depressing.

I don't think anyone should be labeled or put on lists.

just couldn't' resist bring up the double standard.

Just who the hell is supposed to make gun owners wear a scarlet letter? Where have you gotten this information that anyone wants to do such a thing?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 3:37 am

starkid wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Are you kidding? It was a joke. I didn't post anything even remotely debate-like. And I'm not a damned guy.

mine wasn't meant to be debat like either :roll:

what does you not being a guy have to do with it o.O

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just who the hell is supposed to make gun owners wear a scarlet letter? Where have you gotten this information that anyone wants to do such a thing?

been talked about here and other sites.
that gun owners should have something to identify them so others know. they should have signs outside their house, they should have to go door to door like a sex offender telling people they own a gun. all for the safety of the public.

why does my thing become a debate but starkids doesn't o.O you read both but question mine. why? no one else did and if you hadn't this debate or fight or whatever never would have been. yet I'm the one to blame :(

you say you don't argue gun stuff cause you aren't invested in it but yet here you are o.O

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 3:39 am

sly279 wrote:
starkid wrote:
sly279 wrote:

what does you not being a guy have to do with it o.O

Read your own post. You referred to my post as "his" post.