Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 2:38 am

I recommend to get this doc and watch it:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:37 am

When is the full documentary coming out?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 10:03 am

There is no doubt that human rights abused have gone on and continue to go in Iran.

However I think we should still reach out to Iran. The Iranian Revolution is a classic example of reactionary politics which we have a part in causing.

I don't think it is healthy that we are allies with Saudi Arabia which is no, better arguably worse.

It doesn't inspire confidence where people have to chose between a Morsi chararacter or an al-Sisi. This is really not a great advertisement for the region, it shows a fundamental lack of confidence in their own people.

On the other hand I think we should take anything coming from he middle east with a pinch of salt. There is deep seated sectarianism, and tribalism, which some people think is a good idea to down play. I disagree. Although those that down play it may not represent it, downplaying it doesn't solve the issue.

The suspicion and paranoia spilled over, so it is not good to act in a way that nurtures this behaviour.

These people we tortured an killed precisely becuase their captor were so fearful of an alternative to their world view.

I think the Israel / Palestine situation is a issue, however I don't think it caused all of this. As this problem exited before that, in many respects it is symptomatic of the same centuries old problem.

It is very easy pass the buck to the colonists, which is partially true, but bare in mind the colonist needed to choose which one of the sects was going produce the more stable or governable region. This was always going to be a loser, as the tribal aspect has always been there. They would have been much stronger if the could look past their differences.

Yet pan-Arabism has been an abject failure, and equally brutal.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 10:07 am

I do like documentaries like this becuase they can sometime be informative.

Not a fan of dramatic background music, in them however. If you watch conspiracy video they are full of mood music, or music with a dark mystical aesthetic, and I think if the argument is compelling enough it shouldn't be necessary to put that production.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:29 am

It was aired on Al Arabiya tv.

I don't recall the background music, maybe this was added to trailer only.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:30 am

Don't have Al Arabiya tv.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 8:07 am

Can you really have an honest tribunal if the people/regime who are responsible are still in power? This type of disappearings/murders seems more or less part of authoritarian regimes, it also happened in Indonesia, Suriname, Argentina and a lot of other countries.