I will seduce you... with awkwardness

Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 9:02 am

I was always deeply embarrassed by the fact I lived at home until 29.... and am not a drug dealer, low life, leech, lazy and I work full time in the public sector. Much to my surprise my current GF lived at home until 32 and the one before that until 31.

Housing prices are nothing short of insane considering the lack of opportunities. They are almost double what an equivalent sized US city is. I gave up living alone because I could not save even a penny and found a suitable roommate who is quieter and more introverted than I!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

Awkward, weird, and eccentric are big turns on for me. I recently met someone like that, but unfortunately, she was not interested in a relationship. The search continues.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2015, 11:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And I so disagree with the concept that women are less visual - I am a live proof they're not, from the way that I have been totally invisible (When I was skinny) to the way I've been getting attention now (after I got bit muscular).

I don't think that it's mostly just about looks if that's what you're saying. My experience is that I have no trouble getting dates online with attractive and accomplished women and they seem to like me well enough until we meet. (Sometimes, they are quite enthusiastic.) Then once we meet in person, they realize how awkward I am and that's the last time we see each other.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:58 pm

1df5e76 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And I so disagree with the concept that women are less visual - I am a live proof they're not, from the way that I have been totally invisible (When I was skinny) to the way I've been getting attention now (after I got bit muscular).

I don't think that it's mostly just about looks if that's what you're saying. My experience is that I have no trouble getting dates online with attractive and accomplished women and they seem to like me well enough until we meet. (Sometimes, they are quite enthusiastic.) Then once we meet in person, they realize how awkward I am and that's the last time we see each other.

Ahh, the false online projection, it cannot be helped, one's personality can't be accurately reflected on the screen no matter how honest you are. For one, in online one may appear more talkative than in real life, for the very fact that ....well, writing is easier, also people may sound funnier, and smarter due to use of google, and the awkwardness cannot be seen online: all and all, the "online personality" is never accurate.

And don't underestimate the looks factor as well, in photos you would probably look better as well - you won't believe how many women mistakenly assumed that I am TALL and BIG because due to some photos I have, while I have in fact a small stature.

I guess they get their hopes high based on how they perceive you online and also based on wishful thoughts of their own but when they meet reality...bamp.

1df5e76

20 Apr 2015, 6:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ahh, the false online projection, it cannot be helped, one's personality can't be accurately reflected on the screen no matter how honest you are. For one, in online one may appear more talkative than in real life, for the very fact that ....well, writing is easier, also people may sound funnier, and smarter due to use of google, and the awkwardness cannot be seen online: all and all, the "online personality" is never accurate.

Yeah, I'm sure online impressions are an issue.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And don't underestimate the looks factor as well, in photos you would probably look better as well - you won't believe how many women mistakenly assumed that I am TALL and BIG because due to some photos I have, while I have in fact a small stature.

I guess they get their hopes high based on how they perceive you online and also based on wishful thoughts of their own but when they meet reality...bamp.

I'm pretty sure my looks aren't the issue. My looks are average and I don't think I look different from my photos. My height is also average and is listed accurately. I have gotten comments on the awkwardness so I'm pretty sure that's the problem...

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2015, 1:52 am

This actually worked for me...

My first date with my girlfriend somehow ended up with us trying to out lame each other. By saying things we had done or do, and of course I had lots (that most would think are lame or childish), but we found we actually had a lot in common and she really liked the fact it wasn't a typical date and I didn't sit there talking myself up.

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2015, 12:24 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
I don't need to flirt. I will seduce you with my awkwardness.

I dislike slimy pickup artists and I think an awkward approach is cute. Say YAY if you would like to date someone awkward.

YAY awkward can be fun

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

I will seduce you with my Pokeman battling skilz. My charizard brings all the ladies to the lawn.

I fly on my pidgey to work everyday.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

It depends what you mean. I'm awkward, but try to be unashamed about it. Awkward can mean anxious, but in fact fairly conventional.

Having had anxiety, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and try to keep it under-wraps.

It is not awkward, if you are not judged, or treading on egg shells. Just unconventional.

I'm unconventional but this is not a quirk, it is serious business. I have left-field views on relationships, which I can only be forthright about.

Seduction I have no clue about. :lol:

I can certainly relate to not wanting to toe the line in courtship practices . If there some convention that is so obviously frivolous and fake, I'm extremely resistant to it.

It is like how people are at some job interviews, where whole process is lacking in integrity. The recruiter is often quite unrealistic in their requirements, and the candidate is fake as a result.

Most people are odd too, they just pretend otherwise. :wink:

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2015, 9:45 am

0_equals_true wrote:
It depends what you mean. I'm awkward, but try to be unashamed about it. Awkward can mean anxious, but in fact fairly conventional.

Having had anxiety, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and try to keep it under-wraps.

It is not awkward, if you are not judged, or treading on egg shells. Just unconventional.

I'm unconventional but this is not a quirk, it is serious business. I have left-field views on relationships, which I can only be forthright about.

Seduction I have no clue about. :lol:

I can certainly relate to not wanting to toe the line in courtship practices . If there some convention that is so obviously frivolous and fake, I'm extremely resistant to it.

It is like how people are at some job interviews, where whole process is lacking in integrity. The recruiter is often quite unrealistic in their requirements, and the candidate is fake as a result.

Most people are odd too, they just pretend otherwise. :wink:

What you see as a recruiter being "unrealistic" at an interview might just be a fact of life --- most recruiters/companies are willing to hire someone with 60-70% of the "requirements" in the job ad they posted, but figure they might get lucky.

Candidates for jobs tend to know this and behave accordingly -- it gives you an opportunity to negotiate. It has actually worked in my favor lots of times -- jobs in my field (investment banking) tend to require dealing with clients (and I don't deal with clients; am not a people person), so the interview provides an opportunity for me to say "I do X and Y really well, could help your company in Z ways... but do not deal with clients. Ever. Ever. What can you do for me?". It is all about making the most of the imperfect opportunities you're given.

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2015, 6:13 am

http://autistic-flirting.tumblr.com/page/11

Some of these are seriously hot (to me anyway). Both in a obscure sexual innuendo sort of way and in a "you are so cute I could eat you up" way.

I've been thinking of posting my initial online conversations with husband. They were pretty awkward. At one point I told him he was cute and then asked if I was being too forward and he replied "No, please continue to be forward." There were also a lot of random rants about squirrels and attempts to calculate the risk/benefit of us attempting a long-distance relationship as well as the definition of a relationship.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 6:43 am

Agemaki wrote:

Some of these are seriously hot (to me anyway). Both in a obscure sexual innuendo sort of way and in a "you are so cute I could eat you up" way.

I've been thinking of posting my initial online conversations with husband. They were pretty awkward. At one point I told him he was cute and then asked if I was being too forward and he replied "No, please continue to be forward." There were also a lot of random rants about squirrels and attempts to calculate the risk/benefit of us attempting a long-distance relationship as well as the definition of a relationship.

"Let's see the semen effect on vaginal fluid cytokines".

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 7:05 am

Agemaki wrote:

Oh dear god, that link! its hilarious!