I will seduce you... with awkwardness

Page 1 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 8:16 am

I don't need to flirt. I will seduce you with my awkwardness.

I dislike slimy pickup artists and I think an awkward approach is cute. Say YAY if you would like to date someone awkward.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 9:48 am

We're almost guaranteed to be awkward by default. We might find it easier to get along with and relate to awkward N.T's better than more sociable ones.

However, I've found that even 'awkward' N.T's still manage to have a ridiculously higher number of friends than even the most social aspies, and still have fairly decent social skills.

I think this generation of young people has a 'it's cool to be "geeky"' thing about it now. And 'geeky' means 'slightly socially awkward with popular culture interests like pop. gaming, pop. art, popular music, popular tv shows and media, anime, 'geek' movies like Star Wars and Harry Potter, reading (especially popular 'geek' books like harry potter), etc.

I think aspies are and always will be the 'true' geeks. These trendy fakers act like they are oh so socially awkward and have oh so lonely lives, yet the reality is is that they have plenty of friends that can give them company and plenty of interests to keep them occupied.

I'm sorry this reply turned into a rant, I just have a love-hate relationship with so-called 'awkward' N.T's who are only slightly 'nerdy' and anything but unpopular.

I really do relate to these 'awkward' N.T's more than anyone else and find them to be great people and am more drawn to them than anyone else (like awkward N.T females are more attractive than the popular, extroverted social ones) but at the same time I still feel annoyed when they think they're 'not very social' and 'awkward' and 'find things like parties "hard"' and all this other stuff.

Aspies are the REAL socially awkward people here...

Would I like to date someone awkward? Yes.

However, I'd like a definition of what 'awkward' is.

Do you mean an 'awkward' N.T, who still has superior social skills than me anyway?

A typical aspie?

Or just someone that's just plain awkward?

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 10:17 am

You can take any definition of awkward you like. Personally I am drawn to brown skinned foreigners who only immigrated recently and clearly have no friends (yet).

There are just too many different types of awkwardness to list.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 10:41 am

I would fill your bill in all ways....but I'm light-skinned.

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2015, 10:49 am

I think the awkward approach is best, it makes me instantly sympathetic to the person attempting to make conversation. Pick up artists get kicked to the curve, at least by me. It's a reflex n_nU

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 10:58 am

And 20 years ago?

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

20 years ago my mind was occupied with higher level stuff... like driving my mother nuts with very logical questions completely inadecuate for a 5 yo to be making, and that she could not for the life of her answer. Dark times without the internet back then :lol:

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 1:03 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
Personally I am drawn to brown skinned foreigners who only immigrated recently and clearly have no friends (yet).

And there was I, about to post YAY and offer to exchange hand sweat as we walk along Whitstable Harbour towards dusk searching for a quiet restaurant where I could wonder what to say to somebody so pretty.

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm

Yay. However I still have not found a way to turn my awkwardness into a weapon of seduction. Currently I'm at the stage of messing up and quietly panicking. :oops:

Snowflake1785
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2015, 4:41 pm

I'm awkward enough for two. Nothing will ever happen if I'm not the only socially inept one. The best relationship I had was with an alpha male.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 4:47 pm

It is sad that a bulk of my relationships were formed because I was, and still am if not even more, awkward. It seems to be one of the few things that people would expect to work yet it turns out to actually work wonders for the right people. Funny how life works

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2015, 4:56 pm

Lack of social grace doesn't bother me at all. But at the same time, I don't awkwardness particularly attractive either, I much preffer straightforwardness.

To me, the ideal partner is someone who has a mindset, values and views identical, or at least very similar, to yours. But whose personality traits actually COMPLEMENT yours rather than just being the same.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm

Shoggothgoat wrote:
Yay. However I still have not found a way to turn my awkwardness into a weapon of seduction. Currently I'm at the stage of messing up and quietly panicking. :oops:

Its the panicking that's screwing things up for you. You care too much. Own your awkwardness. Its who you are and its nothing to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about. You can't make comedy without getting a pie in the face. Well, you get the idea... :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 5:07 pm

I'm pretty awkward, and I like awkward ladies.

I idolized Richie Cunningham, not the Fonz.

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2015, 5:12 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
I don't need to flirt. I will seduce you with my awkwardness.

I dislike slimy pickup artists and I think an awkward approach is cute. Say YAY if you would like to date someone awkward.

If only being awkward actually worked...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm

It's worked for me.