Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BoyInGreen
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2015, 2:40 pm

I think that this might of interest to people here. A documentary was broadcast on Irish television, about Jim Humble and their MMS solution which claims to cure autism amongst other things? Has anybody here come across them? What do you think?

http://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2015/0 ... 7-04-2015/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm

Bleach does not cure autism. From the Irish Examiner:

Quote:
A number of people who have children with autism have been interviewed by detectives as part of a joint investigation by gardaí and the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) into the use of a controversial treatment being promoted in Ireland by an international cult.

The substance, known as Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), is an industrial-strength bleach which its advocates claim acts as a miracle cure for a number of medical conditions, including autism, asthma, Aids, malaria and ebola.

Fiona O’Leary, an Irish woman who has single-handedly mounted a campaign against a group led by Jim Humble — a former Scientologist and self-styled archbishop of the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing — said there is need for urgent legislation in Ireland to deter parents from subjecting their children to treatment with MMS.
Source: "Parents quizzed over bleach treatment for autism"

This guy gets around ...
Quote:
Salesman Jim Humble, a one-time gold prospector from Las Vegas who describes himself as an archbishop of his own church, promotes a super-strength solution - which he says can cure a huge variety of ailments.

Health authorities have previously warned that the product, sold as Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) “may pose serious health risks” including kidney failure and poisoning.

In 2012 the UK Food Standards Agency (FSA) likened it to "industrial-strength bleach" and warned "when taken as directed it could cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea."

It reminded local authorities “these products should not be on sale”.
Source: "Calls for bar on salesman promoting bleach to cure autism

This guy seems to hate people with autism so much that he wants to hurt them.

Last edited by Fnord on 16 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoyInGreen
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

Course it doesn't, I agree with you. I don't support them at all, in fact I think what they are promoting is extremely dangerous.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm

BoyInGreen wrote:
Course it doesn't, I agree with you. I don't support them at all, in fact I think what they are promoting is extremely dangerous.
Then why didn't you say so in your first post?

BoyInGreen
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Apr 2015, 3:32 pm

OK, point taken, but I thought that the addition of "claims" and my linking to a critical video would have given some indication of where I stand. Still, I take your point.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 8:51 am

Yes, sadly I've met some in the seedy parts of the internet (youtube).

Basically they think we're all pseudoskeptics, and when you tell them why it's child abuse, a human rights violation and that AS isn't something to cure, they go "but there have been XX children cured of autism! and now have an ATEC score of 10 or below!"

And when you explain away the nonsense, and provide alternatives to the 'they turned into NTs', no amount of reason or evidence will make them see it any other way, they just go back to that phrase like a broken record "but there have been XX children cured of autism! and now have an ATEC score of 10 or below!"

It makes me sick that the authorities seemingly do nothing.

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 8:59 am

Seriously what kinda of dumba** people would think that drinking bleach is a good idea? not to mention industrial strength bleach. Has there ever been a case where ingesting anything with the name "industrial strenght" in it has been a good idea?

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2015, 9:06 am

Shoggothgoat wrote:
Seriously what kinda of dumba** people would think that drinking bleach is a good idea? not to mention industrial strength bleach. Has there ever been a case where ingesting anything with the name "industrial strenght" in it has been a good idea?

The desperate kind. The kind that think AS people are so forgone that death would be a better alternative. They'll also say "it's not bleach" and rattle off some chemicals. Seems like they're in the crazy dehumanization camp, where autism is separate from the person, and that it's only dangerous to "the autism".

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 9:08 am

Moromillas wrote:
Shoggothgoat wrote:

The desperate kind. The kind that think AS people are so forgone that death would be a better alternative. They'll also say "it's not bleach" and rattle off some chemicals. Seems like they're in the crazy dehumanization camp, where autism is separate from the person, and that it's only dangerous to "the autism".

And they call us ret*d.....

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 9:11 am

BoyInGreen wrote:
OK, point taken, but I thought that the addition of "claims" and my linking to a critical video would have given some indication of where I stand. Still, I take your point.

I didn't see any individual opinion in your OP. The closest thing to an opinion came in the phrase "...A documentary was broadcast on Irish television, about Jim Humble and their MMS solution which claims to cure autism amongst other things?" You were clearly describing Humble's opinion, not your own. No need to apologize.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

Shoggothgoat wrote:

They think it's Carbon dioxide not bleach. They think the bleach claim is big pharma propaganda.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 11:14 pm

News is from January
7 Children Taken from Parents During Search for "Miracle" Treatment Chemical

A Chicago TV station just ran a story about Rivera and MMS
Chicago Woman Offers Controversial "Miracle Treatment"

Off topic a bit: If you are in the Chicago based on her quote in the printed version of the story don't take your child to see Dr. Sharon Hirsch.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 4:57 pm

A cure without one proven case of autism being reversed, amazing lol.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 6:45 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
A cure without one proven case of autism being reversed, amazing lol.
The bleach is administered for money, not for a cure.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 7:08 pm

...My :-( .

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:29 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Shoggothgoat wrote:

They think it's Carbon dioxide not bleach. They think the bleach claim is big pharma propaganda.

Even if it was carbon dioxide I don't imagine it is healthy to be ingesting carbon dioxide pills or whatever either.