Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Kirjava
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm

I'm not entirely sure what stim means. When using my laptop my fingers find the edges of the keys and I kinda get my nails under the corners. I don't know why but it sort of feels better than my hand just laying somewhere. Does that make sense?

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 4:57 pm

It makes sense, I always enjoy the feeling I get whenever I'm in the zone writing something and my fingers dart all over the keys. Love whenever I type faster than the computer can process :)

halleluhwah
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2015, 5:16 pm

pacing, and going in circles

curling my toes, or shaking/vibrating my hands or feet

tapping rhythmically, often to music

breathing to the beat of a song, so that i feel it in my chest

rubbing my face and eyes, rubbing my hands together (or even just clenching each fist so it rubs itself, inserting thumbs forcibly and popping them out)

rocking, or swinging (on a swing), or anything like that

I can't stand still without bopping my feet and kinda swaying my head, so that people often ask me what I'm dancing to. :/

and i kind of swish air and liquid in my mouth.

also, when i walk i often drag my feet so that here's a sense of friction/vibration that feels very soothing

pushing my earphones into my ear, releasing, repeating at regular intervals (while music plays)

biting my gums, grinding my teeth

knocking my knees together

flapping my hands and kinda shaking (this is reserved for special instances, like if i just finished doing something intolerable and now i'm trying not to not feel crazy anymore)

kinda closing my eyes real tight and making my eyes look all the way up into my skull

i think i stim pretty much all the time, and it's just a matter of how deliberate or intense it is, and whether it's for stress-release, or just for pleasure, or out of boredom, or just as a matter of course

Kirjava
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm

I think I'm getting it. I like scratching the little piece of plastic on my headphones where it splits into two wires, I move my feet like I'm tapping in time to music even though there isn't any. If I hear music when I'm walking I step in time to it unless it's too fast or slow.

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:29 pm

rocking back & forth, tapping fingers on knees, rubbing hands on legs, running fingers across mouth