Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:54 am

Seems to be hurting myself. Rubbing my skin really hard, itching/scratching excessively, biting myself, hitting my head, hitting myself, and in extreme situations using scissors for the scratching. Yeah, that was going ok, and all of a sudden I end up with a massive open wound which got 5 stitches. I have a scar and not touching scissors when overloaded/whelmed again. But it's mainly scratching with my hands. I dunno why, and I dunno how to stop it either.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:56 am

I'm very bad about picking at my lower lip and usually bleeding out there a lot. Also for whatever reason in any game that involves throwing things I seem to get hit in the head and lip. Very concerning that my head it act as a magnet for projectile objects

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

I shake my legs incessantly and sometimes tap the floor rapidly with my feet. It annoys people because they tell me to cut it out almost every day. Some people go as far as actually grabbing my knees so I'd slow down or stop. It's basically a 24 hr thing. I also do it in bed which must drive my roommate crazy.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:44 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I shake my legs incessantly and sometimes tap the floor rapidly with my feet. It annoys people because they tell me to cut it out almost every day. Some people go as far as actually grabbing my knees so I'd slow down or stop. It's basically a 24 hr thing. I also do it in bed which must drive my roommate crazy.

I tap my foot on the ground all the time. Though no one ever tried to tell me to stop or grabs my leg. Part is from no hard echoing surface and the other from the fact I'm a six foot two giant who most people presume would probably rip their leg off for even trying. Tempting thought but not worth the crime or the time

FlyingSpaceKittie
Raven
Raven

17 Apr 2015, 5:48 pm

slw1990 wrote:
I play with my hair a lot.

I do too. I also crack my neck and hands, and stretch.

SageGrouse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Apr 2015, 6:21 pm

I click my teeth together, moving my lower jaw from side to side so that the teeth touch each other left, right, left, right, rapidly, usually to some rhythm or cadence from a song.

CanisHumanis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2015, 8:40 pm

SageGrouse wrote:
I click my teeth together, moving my lower jaw from side to side so that the teeth touch each other left, right, left, right, rapidly, usually to some rhythm or cadence from a song.

I do this too, exactly!

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 9:17 pm

I've never clicked my teeth together,it for whatever reason I can't stand cold taste against my front teeth. Something about it just drives me crazy, this is why I can't enjoy Popsicles and other cold treats of that nature :(

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:46 am

SageGrouse wrote:

I do this but slowly. I also tap my teeth to the tunes.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 4:18 am

I always thought it really weird I didn't have any stimming behaviour - then realised that I rub my face around the cheeks/jaw a lot. It might also be a comforting manoeuvre, as I strongly dislike being touched by other people. I wonder if that counts.

laminaria
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

I don't have an official diagnosis so I'm not sure whether anything I do counts as a stim.

If I'm sitting down I nearly always cross my feet over at the ankles and then constantly waggle them about randomly whilst wiggling my toes up and down. I also have to play with anything within reach of my hands. Doesn't matter what it is, I have to feel it, stroke it, spin it, wiggle it, roll it, smell it, whatever.

If I'm standing still such as in a queue or waiting for a train, I love to constantly twist my torso from left to right and back endlessly whilst my feet stay still in the same place.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2015, 12:06 pm

Biting my nails which is nearly always and second is sliding my foot across the floor when i'm worried.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

Not sure if this would count as a voluntary stim, but I have a nerological tic which often causes uncontrollable jerking and muscle spasms. It's a rather frequent occurance and granted the neurological stimulus it causes, all be it involuntarily, it is one of my more active stimulus. It's almost always followed by a slight heightening of sense. It's certainly something though

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2015, 1:44 am

playing with random objects in my hand or toes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DSR
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Apr 2015, 2:58 pm

Shoggothgoat wrote:
Do other people sit with one foot on top of the other? I read somewhere that it was common for aspies to sit with one foot 90 degrees from the floor with the other foot horizontal on top.

Edit: found it http://www.aspiestrategy.com/2013/02/ad ... -feet.html

Hehe.. That's me ^^

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm

It's almost scary how common this is when out in perspective, but at the same time fun to know that other aspies experience similar stims :)