Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

Hey guys. I wonder if this is the same for any of you. Sometimes I seem to lose my usual inhibitions and I feel destructive and sometimes suicidal but for no reason at all. Also I don't feel depressed but when I am this way I feel like it would be a very good thing to die and not a bad thing but I'm not suicidal at all usually.
Sometimes if I'm badly this way my sense if time disappears. It no longer exists. It's very difficult to explain. I'm not like this often but when I am it lasts a few minutes to a few hours. I don't think it is related to ASD at all. I was going to go to the dr but part of me says no you cant; all is good just continue.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 11:58 am

This isn't related to autism, and actually it sounds like a type of mood disorder. I think you'll be ok if you do see a psychologist to find out.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:12 pm

Hmm well at my old address I told my GP general practioner and he sent me to a psychologist who said I don't have a mood disorder. They did not see any signs of a mental health problem because when I'm like that it's not for a long time.
The person who diagnosed me with being on the spectrum noted some of this in my report saying it'd odd but nobody knows why I'm like that including me.

RosaryLightning
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2015, 9:58 pm

Interesting? I think if you're an introverted person who doesn't have a lot of attachments or concerns there might be a feeling of 'wandering' like you could leave anytime with no burdens. If it's not affecting your mood or anything maybe try to get a little more involved in some activities so you'll have something on this world to look forward to :)

narcolepticpenguin
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2015, 10:06 pm

Well I will disagree with the other person who replied but only partially,alot of times with people on the autistic spectrum,you will have extreme justifications,or rationalizing certain situations that may seem taboo to others,such as things like genocide,or suicide,while it sounds like you may have a certain other issue you may or may not be dealing with,and you should seek professional guidance for those impulses and thoughts,it could be autistic related but then again may not be.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

Hmm. Thank you guys for your help and information :)

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 11:20 am

"Losing track of time" sounds like it could be dissociation, a symptom of PTSD and other anxiety disorders.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 11:30 am

Hmm I don't so much lose track of time. It's that time completely disappears. It doesn't exist. The past present and future don't exist it's just now and the now is forever.

It's very hard to explain; I suppose you can't understand unless you've felt the same because usually we do have a feeling of time. :?

CatFisting
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2015, 11:41 am

narcolepticpenguin wrote:
Well I will disagree with the other person who replied but only partially,alot of times with people on the autistic spectrum,you will have extreme justifications,or rationalizing certain situations that may seem taboo to others,such as things like genocide,or suicide,while it sounds like you may have a certain other issue you may or may not be dealing with,and you should seek professional guidance for those impulses and thoughts,it could be autistic related but then again may not be.

This seems like the most reasonable solution. I'm always suicidal, but considering that you have random fluctuations sounds like a change needs to be made.

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:40 am

You posted a paradox. "Suicidal for no reason at all" followed by "It would be a good thing to die"

Usually suicide is an avoidance of negative, but if it were any other action besides suicide it makes complete and total sense. Eg: "Eating sugar for no reason at all" followed by "It would be a good thing to eat sugar" That's not so crazy because we know we like sugar. Especially not crazy if it were uttered along with 'at that point in time I lost my inhibition'

A part of you likes the idea of dying. Parts of me think of committing homicide. Parts of most people think horrible things, sometimes they feel good if for nothing more than novelty of thought. Seriously though, for some reason I was recently reading in a paper that mentioned something about how most people will have extremely...disordered thoughts pass through their minds.

I would say actually, yes, your autism is involved in this because I think random, weird, never-uttered thoughts like this are actually quite common in everyone. I think you may have fixated (autistic fixation, focussing on something so utterly) on one of those parts of you and so the experience is rather unique compared to when most people have things like this but they discard them in passing, so they are not part of their consciousness for even as long as it seems to be in yours for.

I would not be concerned unless the experience causes you distress at some point, or alternatively if you become close to acting on it.

Poor motivation

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:51 pm

Quote:
I would say actually, yes, your autism is involved in this because I think random, weird, never-uttered thoughts like this are actually quite common in everyone. I think you may have fixated (autistic fixation, focussing on something so utterly) on one of those parts of you and so the experience is rather unique compared to when most people have things like this but they discard them in passing, so they are not part of their consciousness for even as long as it seems to be in yours for.

Perhaps your right. I'm curious about a lot of things.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:36 pm

I disagree. This definitely sounds like a mood disorder. You say that you can't control suicidal thoughts or other emotions, I have had trouble controlling my emotions since I became more aware of them.

seulement une folle
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jun 2015, 10:11 pm

Could it perhaps be a personality disorder instead of a mood disorder? Something like BPD?