If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 10 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 52  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 6:42 pm

CoffinCrawler wrote:
I am a female and I have approached a few men and gotten rejected when I made advances. I'm not sure what it was that caused the rejection... maybe they thought I was ugly, they weren't interested in seeing anyone, they thought I had no "game" or maybe they found me intimidating for making the moves. I don't know. In any case, getting rejected does suck, but I've never gotten bitter towards men about it.

get back to me when you're in the hundreds to thousands. I not too bitter as others. but I was a lot more hopeful after asking a few women out then I was after asking hundreds and hundreds.

so much negative reactions on any subject will get to people. imagine if you failed every class you took in college for 4 years. would you want to keep going or just stop?

though its cool you ask guys out. just saying comparing being rejected a few times to someone who's had it happen hundreds of times isn't a good comparison

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 6:43 pm

rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:
Maybe she doesn't wanna talk to random strange men, period. Even if the guy is hot, even if she's single.

Why do you think flirting means talking? Aren't you too focused on the PUA strategies you despise so much?

this is why I never approach women. dating sites or nothing. anywhere else they don't' want to be approached anymore. this is why dating sites are so heavily used today vs 5 years ago.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:48 am

sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:
Maybe she doesn't wanna talk to random strange men, period. Even if the guy is hot, even if she's single.

Why do you think flirting means talking? Aren't you too focused on the PUA strategies you despise so much?

this is why I never approach women. dating sites or nothing. anywhere else they don't' want to be approached anymore. this is why dating sites are so heavily used today vs 5 years ago.

I don't think that is true. They just don't like the "catcalling" style anymore. I can't say I really blame them.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:22 am

sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think you are making a false assumption here. I can think of many men I know who I think are good people, but I wouldn't date them.

if you think they good men why wouldn't you tell them why you won't date them?

Why should I? You don't get a free psychological examination every time someone rejects you.

because saying I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you only takes 2 seconds out of your life and helps another from spending weeks upset about it.

Sly, there is a difference between saying sorry and explaining yourself. Saying "I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you" is different from explaining yourself. If girls are being rude to you when you approach them then they're probably not worth the bother.

Don't judge yourself based on someone else's opinion. What the Hell do they know?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

I don't think that is true. They just don't like the "catcalling" style anymore. I can't say I really blame them.

idk women here said that simply walking up and talking to a woman in say a grocery store would be bad.
many of the cat calling videos posted included guys just saying hi or have a good day. as catcalling. so simple trying to start a conversation with a woman you don't know is catcalling now. far too landmined world to try to talk to women in person.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm

28 here, and I am still not giving up, despite the fact I have had only one GF in my life, and one date. Sorry if I seem late to this party.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

This is mostly correct in most instances/situations/contexts. It's why I recommend using venues like http://www.meetup.com/ for meeting people where people actually go to meet people, but it's also possible to develop the social-skills to talk to people whilst you are waiting at like, say, a bus-stop, train-stop, long lines of check-out stand at grocery stores instead of waiting around yawning all day, etc.

sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

idk women here said that simply walking up and talking to a woman in say a grocery store would be bad.
many of the cat calling videos posted included guys just saying hi or have a good day. as catcalling. so simple trying to start a conversation with a woman you don't know is catcalling now. far too landmined world to try to talk to women in person.

Basically your best bet is generally where people gather together in groups on a regular schedule for talking to new people (such as classes at schools). Ultimately, though, just learn to approach & talk to people, just get the experience, find something of interest to discuss & ask, you will eventually get the hang of when/where the appropriate places are to break out a conversation, and whether you should even bother talking to said strangers or not.

Also, guys have actually EASIER times getting girl-friends when they're older, because a lot of (at least non-American) women actually prefer older men, particularly in a lot of Eastern-European countries. You can just line up your financial-ducks & moves & I guarantee you that just by BEING there a lot of women will practically beg you to become their husbands (it's true that certain locations in the world have a much higher percentage of attractive women or even females in general amongst its population than other locations - I should know this having lived in several locations).

Also going to add a Video for some fun by the way~

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:17 pm

androbot01 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think you are making a false assumption here. I can think of many men I know who I think are good people, but I wouldn't date them.

if you think they good men why wouldn't you tell them why you won't date them?

Why should I? You don't get a free psychological examination every time someone rejects you.

because saying I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you only takes 2 seconds out of your life and helps another from spending weeks upset about it.

Sly, there is a difference between saying sorry and explaining yourself. Saying "I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you" is different from explaining yourself. If girls are being rude to you when you approach them then they're probably not worth the bother.

Don't judge yourself based on someone else's opinion. What the Hell do they know?

they make up the majority. gets tiring fighting the majority. like trying to swim up river. you don't get anywhere.

find it odd though. they hate weird people yet nearly all of them when asked if they'd rather be weird or normal say weird. while most weird people say normal. so why do people want to be something they hate.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:21 pm

equestriatola wrote:
28 here, and I am still not giving up, despite the fact I have had only one GF in my life, and one date. Sorry if I seem late to this party.

at least you had a gf. leaps ahead of me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Apr 2015, 4:23 pm

^ It was with someone on this forum, and that is as far as I will go with it.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:26 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
This is mostly correct in most instances/situations/contexts. It's why I recommend using venues like http://www.meetup.com/ for meeting people where people actually go to meet people, but it's also possible to develop the social-skills to talk to people whilst you are waiting at like, say, a bus-stop, train-stop, long lines of check-out stand at grocery stores instead of waiting around yawning all day, etc.

Basically your best bet is generally where people gather together in groups on a regular schedule for talking to new people (such as classes at schools). Ultimately, though, just learn to approach & talk to people, just get the experience, find something of interest to discuss & ask, you will eventually get the hang of when/where the appropriate places are to break out a conversation, and whether you should even bother talking to said strangers or not.

Also, guys have actually EASIER times getting girl-friends when they're older, because a lot of (at least non-American) women actually prefer older men, particularly in a lot of Eastern-European countries. You can just line up your financial-ducks & moves & I guarantee you that just by BEING there a lot of women will practically beg you to become their husbands (it's true that certain locations in the world have a much higher percentage of attractive women or even females in general amongst its population than other locations - I should know this having lived in several locations).

problem is people at bus stops(took bus a lot) don't want to talk to anyone else. or even sit next to others. they all have headphones in and if there's no empty seats not next to another. they stand which is awful so that shows you just how much people want to avoid each other now a days.

yeah when women say they prefer older men they really mean they prefer richer men. which tends to be older men.
I'm never going to be financially well off. so I won't be the 50 year old guy making 250 a year that they want. I'll be that 50 year old guy making just barely above min wage. thats way less appearing then a 20 year old making just above min wage which is like super not appealing. so i guess for the aspies on route to making good money they'll be set in 20-40 years. but I be worse then than I am now.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:32 pm

equestriatola wrote:
^ It was with someone on this forum, and that is as far as I will go with it.

ok doesn't make her less of a gf. o.O

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:41 pm

Here's a trick: Stop looking so hard... frequently you blind yourself by focusing your thoughts too much the wrong way.

sly279 wrote:
equestriatola wrote:

at least you had a gf. leaps ahead of me.

I know it seems like some kind of oxymoron as to how it works but, the less you feel the need to get one, the more likely one will come your way. The more you feel like you're in need of one the more you will be avoided by them all. Just find something to get good at or refine what you're already good at and hone on developing that skill and with enough practice it automatically ends up turning into a topic of conversation (and if you're not skilled at anything then it doesn't necessarily hurt to just learn about subjects that many people in the general-public are interested in such as from the publications by Dean Radin and Rupert Sheldrake that you might talk about with women in asking their opinions on their research or if they've ever even heard of those researchers/scientists before).

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:57 pm

equestriatola wrote:
One date and one GF? Were they both with the same girl? How long did you have a girlfriend for? Why did it end? If you don't mind telling us, that is.
Ban-Dodger wrote:
This is mostly correct in most instances/situations/contexts. It's why I recommend using venues like http://www.meetup.com/ for meeting people where people actually go to meet people
Yesterday my manager was saying I should try meetup.com. I've been thinking about it for a while. It seems a little scary walking into a group of people you've never met, your only knowledge of them being a time and place of prescribed meeting, and they've already known each other for months or years, they're all a cohesive group and then there's you...

I don't have a lot of time for that, between my existing friends, my almost full time job and the technical college I'm going to half-time. Then again maybe I should spend my free time more efficiently instead of randomly browsing Yahoo Answers but the sidebar is filled with click bait. Anyway, yesterday my ex was again saying she wants to come back to me so somehow it seems disloyal to try to get a date with another girl.
sly279 wrote:
problem is people at bus stops(took bus a lot) don't want to talk to anyone else. or even sit next to others. they all have headphones in and if there's no empty seats not next to another. they stand which is awful so that shows you just how much people want to avoid each other now a days.
I know right? I catch the train a lot and all the pretty girls (and also everyone else) are all looking at their smartphones or tablets. About half of them are wearing headphones. I look at their screens and many of them are on Facebook. So they have a device that makes them alone and then an app that allows them to socialize. If they weren't staring at that screen they could socialize with the people around them. I remember 20 years ago people on public transport used to talk a lot more. Sometimes even amongst strangers. Even though I love buying and using smartphones I hate what they do to people.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm

Never had a date before I was 35.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

You asked one girl out in person and she said no. So you're never ever gonna ask another girl out in person again.

You've contacted hundreds of girls on dating sites and been rejected by hundreds of girls on dating sites. Yet you will continue to ask out ONLY girls on dating sites. Over and over, despite the rejection.

This makes no sense.

(Dating sites make it easy to send a zillion messages to a zillion girls/guys making it equally easy to hit delete on the zillions of unsolicited messages. That both guys and girls receive. Not to mention the fact that people who are no longer looking for dates forget to delete their profiles, folks who are married lie and say they are single in their profiles and free sites have been known to not-actually-ever-delete-profiles, making it look like there are tons more "available" people than there actually are.

Asking girls out in person means you know them a little bit (like, their name, at a minimum) and through conversation you've determined they're single and they think you are somewhat interesting (they're talking to you, right?), so the odds of them saying yes goes up.

But, hey, your life, your call.