If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 9 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 52  Next

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2015, 9:52 am

rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:
Maybe she doesn't wanna talk to random strange men, period. Even if the guy is hot, even if she's single.

Why do you think flirting means talking? Aren't you too focused on the PUA strategies you despise so much?

Nope. There are times when I'm happy to chat or dance with strangers in bar, other times not so much. A birthday party where I'm happy chatting with the folks I arrived with falls into the latter category. That being said, if some guy tries & quietly accepts getting reflected, that's fine. Can't blame a polite person for trying :-)

(I'm not really up on my PUA strategies...but if it involves walking up to strangers, saying it is Hug Day and expecting a hug. Ugh. Gross. Never. I am not a tactile-with-strangers-person. Icky).

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2015, 9:52 am

rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:
Maybe she doesn't wanna talk to random strange men, period. Even if the guy is hot, even if she's single.

Why do you think flirting means talking? Aren't you too focused on the PUA strategies you despise so much?

Nope. There are times when I'm happy to chat or dance with strangers in bar, other times not so much. A birthday party where I'm happy chatting with the folks I arrived with falls into the latter category. That being said, if some guy tries & quietly accepts getting reflected, that's fine. Can't blame a polite person for trying :-)

(I'm not really up on my PUA strategies...but if it involves walking up to strangers, saying it is Hug Day and expecting a hug. Ugh. Gross. Never. I am not a tactile-with-strangers-person. Icky).

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 10:27 am

Not to worry, you can leave the hugging of all of the hot girls to me, I don't mind having more hot chics to myself ! ;)

Diningroom wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 11:10 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Not to worry, you can leave the hugging of all of the hot girls to me, I don't mind having more hot chics to myself ! ;)

Sure, you can have them for friends, while I keep one for a relationship. :wink:

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2015, 1:44 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Diningroom wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

I'm a girl. Don't know many girls who appreciate random hugs from skeevy PUA wannabes!

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 2:56 pm

these links right here go to prove and show you that being socially-isolated, introverted, will hurt guys a lot more than it will hurt girls chances in the dating/relationship, world of sex, etc., it's from a site called AdultSocialSkills.com:
http://www.adultsocialskills.com/dating.htm

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 3:34 pm

Sure, you can have fun with your one partner, whilst I shall proceed to grow my harem(s) instead ! :wink:

rdos wrote:
Ban-Dodger wrote:

Sure, you can have them for friends, while I keep one for a relationship. :wink:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 4:45 pm

Diningroom wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
At birthday party. Pretty girl, spotted at 2 o'clock. What is the procedure to flirt with her?

Is Birthday Party Girl sitting at a table with gaggle of friends? Liking like she's having a ball chatting and drinking with them?

Failed efforts to flirt with Birthday Girl may well have everything to do with her being otherwise occupied that night & nada to do with your flirting ability.
She wasn't in a big group of friend's. She was with one other girl. Also pretty but known to be not single.

I never said it was her birthday. I was at a friend's birthday. She was one of his friends. I talked to her. She didn't mind. She didn't accuse me of being a PUA. I thought I should abandon my efforts when I noticed she had her arms crossed. I thought this might be a sign she wasn't into me. I backed off.

She laughed at my jokes but girls always laugh at my jokes so that doesn't mean anything. No dancing. It wasn't that kind of party.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 6:41 pm

androbot01 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think you are making a false assumption here. I can think of many men I know who I think are good people, but I wouldn't date them.

if you think they good men why wouldn't you tell them why you won't date them?

Why should I? You don't get a free psychological examination every time someone rejects you.

because saying I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you only takes 2 seconds out of your life and helps another from spending weeks upset about it.

anyways done with this, before I get too upset and say something that might hurt your feelings.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 6:42 pm

CoffinCrawler wrote:
I am a female and I have approached a few men and gotten rejected when I made advances. I'm not sure what it was that caused the rejection... maybe they thought I was ugly, they weren't interested in seeing anyone, they thought I had no "game" or maybe they found me intimidating for making the moves. I don't know. In any case, getting rejected does suck, but I've never gotten bitter towards men about it.

get back to me when you're in the hundreds to thousands. I not too bitter as others. but I was a lot more hopeful after asking a few women out then I was after asking hundreds and hundreds.

so much negative reactions on any subject will get to people. imagine if you failed every class you took in college for 4 years. would you want to keep going or just stop?

though its cool you ask guys out. just saying comparing being rejected a few times to someone who's had it happen hundreds of times isn't a good comparison

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 6:43 pm

rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

this is why I never approach women. dating sites or nothing. anywhere else they don't' want to be approached anymore. this is why dating sites are so heavily used today vs 5 years ago.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:48 am

sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

this is why I never approach women. dating sites or nothing. anywhere else they don't' want to be approached anymore. this is why dating sites are so heavily used today vs 5 years ago.

I don't think that is true. They just don't like the "catcalling" style anymore. I can't say I really blame them.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:22 am

sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think you are making a false assumption here. I can think of many men I know who I think are good people, but I wouldn't date them.

if you think they good men why wouldn't you tell them why you won't date them?

Why should I? You don't get a free psychological examination every time someone rejects you.

because saying I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you only takes 2 seconds out of your life and helps another from spending weeks upset about it.

Sly, there is a difference between saying sorry and explaining yourself. Saying "I'm sorry I'm just not that attracted to you" is different from explaining yourself. If girls are being rude to you when you approach them then they're probably not worth the bother.

Don't judge yourself based on someone else's opinion. What the Hell do they know?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

I don't think that is true. They just don't like the "catcalling" style anymore. I can't say I really blame them.

idk women here said that simply walking up and talking to a woman in say a grocery store would be bad.
many of the cat calling videos posted included guys just saying hi or have a good day. as catcalling. so simple trying to start a conversation with a woman you don't know is catcalling now. far too landmined world to try to talk to women in person.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm

28 here, and I am still not giving up, despite the fact I have had only one GF in my life, and one date. Sorry if I seem late to this party.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm

This is mostly correct in most instances/situations/contexts. It's why I recommend using venues like http://www.meetup.com/ for meeting people where people actually go to meet people, but it's also possible to develop the social-skills to talk to people whilst you are waiting at like, say, a bus-stop, train-stop, long lines of check-out stand at grocery stores instead of waiting around yawning all day, etc.

sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
rdos wrote:
Diningroom wrote:

idk women here said that simply walking up and talking to a woman in say a grocery store would be bad.
many of the cat calling videos posted included guys just saying hi or have a good day. as catcalling. so simple trying to start a conversation with a woman you don't know is catcalling now. far too landmined world to try to talk to women in person.

Basically your best bet is generally where people gather together in groups on a regular schedule for talking to new people (such as classes at schools). Ultimately, though, just learn to approach & talk to people, just get the experience, find something of interest to discuss & ask, you will eventually get the hang of when/where the appropriate places are to break out a conversation, and whether you should even bother talking to said strangers or not.

Also, guys have actually EASIER times getting girl-friends when they're older, because a lot of (at least non-American) women actually prefer older men, particularly in a lot of Eastern-European countries. You can just line up your financial-ducks & moves & I guarantee you that just by BEING there a lot of women will practically beg you to become their husbands (it's true that certain locations in the world have a much higher percentage of attractive women or even females in general amongst its population than other locations - I should know this having lived in several locations).

Also going to add a Video for some fun by the way~