If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 16 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 52  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:49 am

sly279 wrote:
I don't admire people with ambition. I think they waste their lives and live in constant stress.
I don't think they see it as a waste. They feel driven to achieve some goal and any time not spent in pursuit of that makes them feel bored and restless. Sometimes I feel that way but for me it doesn't last.
sly279 wrote:
then leave and start something new. they'll never satisfied with life unless they're working their way up. theres a guy makes great games but then quits and starts a new one.because the game is great and there's no way to go up anymore so he starts a new one.
I don't think they do it because they're dissatisfied but because they can't stand to live without challenge. If an entrepreneur starts a successful company he may sell it because for him running a successful company is too easy. He may prefer the challenge of running a start up again.

Think of it like this. Imagine how bored you'd feel if you could only play games on very easy. If you could only play against total noobs. Imagine how bored you'd feel if you won every single time. It would be like that Twilight Zone episode about the gambler in He'll who wins every time.
sly279 wrote:
proposers for example get paid for 40 hours a week but work way more then that. I see people saying they work 80+ a week.
Yes I know. It's bad when people are made to work 80+ hours per week. Even worse when they do it yet are only paid for 40. Not only salary earners, wage earners too. e.g. chefs getting paid for the time they spend cooking the food but supposedly hours of prep time doesn't count.

I think it's even worse when, thanks to increasing automation, it takes less hours to get all the work done yet instead of giving everyone a 3 day workweek like they promised us 50 years ago they fire some of the workers and make the rest work overtime to hang on to their desperately needed jobs. They say nowadays people work longer hours yet this will increase unemployment. I think society would prefer people get paid for doing something useless than get paid the same money to do nothing. I think this is stupid.

Like the tank factory in Ohio. The army said they don't need more tanks and that modern warfare doesn't favour tanks. The government said they must continue manufacturing tanks because otherwise most of the people in a good sized town would lose their jobs. It would cost less to just pay them them the same wage to just sit at home. It's wasteful.

Maybe one day I'll get married but not get to see my wife much becasue we'll both be working 7x12 hours per week. Add commuting time to that as well. With the housing bubble, we'd have to live in the outer outer suburbs. I don't think there's anything wrong with women working but if husband and wife divide the housework between them and do half each after a full day's work, that would consume what little free time they have remaining. If they have preschool aged children, the childcare costs could consume a significant fraction of her wages. That's like working for less dollars per hour. I think that if women have the right to choose to work if they want too but nowadays they've lost that choice. They must work.
sly279 wrote:
usa is all about work work and more work.
You may be right. I've never been there but sometimes it looks that way on TV.
sly279 wrote:
you work til you die and then someone else replaces you.
Well we're all going to die so we might as well find something to fill in time in the meanwhile.
sly279 wrote:
I don't compare myself to other guys.
Women do. Just as surely as guys compare women to each other, women are comparing you to other guys. That's why you need to be competitive. You're being judged against other guys. You long to raise a family? Fine. You need to be a good provider to bring up children. Women know that.
sly279 wrote:
apparently Id make a good bf and dad, people say.
Who said that? Maybe she was trying to hint at something. Maybe this girl is interested in you.
sly279 wrote:
no lol. choice is when you have two or more options. so a girl being asked out by 40 guys has a choice. a guy asking and being rejected by 39 women and accepted by 1. doesn't have a choice. well does be alone forever or accept the only girl who can like you. but not the choice you're talking about.
You have a very one sided view of dating. Some girls don't have any guy ask them out at all. Even good looking ones. Some girls can't get a boyfriend. Maybe you need to find that girl.
sly279 wrote:
so been thinking people like pleanty of unemployed get gfs, pleanty of fat men get gfs etc.
and thats probably true.

types of guys
unemployed
anxious
clingy
distant
fat
ugly
as*hole
virgin over 25
etc

each of those types can and do get a gf
problem is when you have

guy A
unemployed
virgin over 25
ugly
fat
axnious

or any other combination. just fat might be ok, fat and unemployed nope. just unemployed might be ok but unemployed and fat and ugly nope.
Hey, I know a guy with a girlfriend who's all of those things except 25. He was also a virgin when he met her. He was and is under 25. One time he told me he was aspie but he later denied it. He's fat, ugly, socially awkward, never had a job and he's doing some college through mail thing but I think it's a scam. I don't think his career will amount to anything until he thinks of a better plan. Anyway, I think he'll fail because he never studies.

As for him being poor, he met his girlfriend in a homeless shelter so I guess that explains why she doesn't mind him being poor. They have a house now and they're living on welfare. She's doing an art major with plans to do a midwifery degree after (won't they let her do that strait away? :? ) They're both plain looking yet I've seldom seen two people more pationately in love.

So I guess that proves that you can have a combination of bad traits and still find love. They have few possessions or friends but they have each other.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:32 am

rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think it's better if men start to learn to put some financial requirement pressure on them ie. I wouldn't continue dating you if you keep earning less than x.

:wink:

I think it is better if women stop evaluating mens income. After all, we have heard how women no longer need a man to provide for them, so then they can just stop evaluating men on their income as it makes no sense to do that.

Ya I will admit, being the protector is fine, I have no problem with that, its being the provider that irritates me

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I thought rdos is married.

In that case he should cling on to that woman as tight as possible. A dime a dozen.

What about you people who just got a bf/gf after been alone for a decade suddenly start talking "prophecies" to singles here? ie. "No wonder why you don't have a gf", "you will never have a gf"...

Stop this trend noobs, it's stupid.

Doesn't make sekse at all. Most As are BS doesn't mean most Bs are As. Not convincing. On WP I could easily predict who will probably remain single for another decade and who won't.

Nope you can't.

Hell, most of the chauvinists and sexist men I have seen had been married for years (with very traditional and stereotyping view on women, way worse than what you might think of stereotyping from rdos); so you can't predict even based on that.

I've seen men with the worst mindsets in that regard who had absolutely no difficulty in getting dates, gfs and eventually married.

You might think no sane women would take them, you wouldn't, but plenty do.

From what I see, prediction based on financial stability, social life and lifestyle would be more accurate; there's way more correlation to that than between men's chauvinism (or egalitarianism) and celibacy.

Most women (I agree with the troll Kaytekat on that), whether they are liberal or traditional, won't prefer a broke man with no friends and no house, - it's something that both types of women have in common even if they differ in cap of requirements (traditional women usually have higher financial expectations from men) as for the chauvinist man with a good income and life would at least attract chauvinist/traditional women like him, and their numbers differ pre region - in some areas in the world they might even be a majority.

Doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Second, I disagree with most of it.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:50 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Ya I will admit, being the protector is fine, I have no problem with that, its being the provider that irritates me

The protector role is interesting. I've had more than one girl I had a mutual crush on protect me. Fact is, in Aspie Quiz, neurodiverse females are the most likely to protect those they are attached to. Much more so than NT males, which you would anticipate would take the lead in that area.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:56 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In that case he should cling on to that woman as tight as possible. A dime a dozen.

What about you people who just got a bf/gf after been alone for a decade suddenly start talking "prophecies" to singles here? ie. "No wonder why you don't have a gf", "you will never have a gf"...

Doesn't make sekse at all. Most As are BS doesn't mean most Bs are As. Not convincing. On WP I could easily predict who will probably remain single for another decade and who won't.

Nope you can't.

Hell, most of the chauvinists and sexist men I have seen had been married for years (with very traditional and stereotyping view on women, way worse than what you might think of stereotyping from rdos); so you can't predict even based on that.

I've seen men with the worst mindsets in that regard who had absolutely no difficulty in getting dates, gfs and eventually married.

From what I see, prediction based on financial stability, social life and lifestyle would be more accurate; there's way more correlation to that than between men's chauvinism (or egalitarianism) and celibacy.

Most women (I agree with the troll Kaytekat on that), whether they are liberal or traditional, won't prefer a broke man with no friends and no house, - it's something that both types of women have in common even if they differ in cap of requirements (traditional women usually have higher financial expectations from men) as for the chauvinist man with a good income and life would at least attract chauvinist/traditional women like him, and their numbers differ pre region - in some areas in the world they might even be a majority.

Doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Second, I disagree with most of it.

Your disagreement doesn't change anything :P.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nope you can't.

Neither do your words. :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 8:57 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nope you can't.

Neither do your words. :D

Explain me how most traditional/chauvinist men get married then.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 9:23 am

@OP

Deny your virginism and blame your lack of sex skills on motoric issues?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 1:10 pm

Uprising wrote:
@OP

Deny your virginism and blame your lack of sex skills on motoric issues?

specific as in how? what do you mean motoric issues?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:38 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

space saving.

not said they see it as a waste. I see them as wasting their life. but I'm not them. all I ask is not to be judged by their values as I don't them by mine. I won't tell those people they'll wasting their life.

yes they are dissatisfied by the lack of challenge essentially saying the same thing I did just differently. as for video games. i always play on easy, and I prefer noobs to getting my ass kicked over and over repeatedly with no chance of getting any points. I play games for fun not to challenge me. its also a place to socialize with other people while doing an activity even it only just hear their voice.

the tank issue. its not just jobs they don't care about jobs. its if we stop the tank factory and in 30 years need more tanks. there won't be a factory or anyone left that knows how to make them. look at the A-10 warthog. great plane for how we fight now, but its not made anymore, no one can make it. parts are running out. so soon we won't have a a-10 anymore. imagine if 20 years we go to war with russia, we need tanks, were losing tanks rapidly, but can't make anymore. not to mention we sell those tanks to other nations. that tank factory shutting down would be bad. the question is how do you retain it when currently don't' need more tanks. so congress's idea is unwanted upgrades to all out tanks. keep in mind the army doesn't want upgrades yet wastes millions of dollars on programs for new weapons they never intend to adopt, just so they can insure they get the same amount of money next year. the military isn't audited anyways though thats another subject for a different topic.

yeah but for me its not working my life away. why live just to work. seems better to just die and avoid the whole horrible thing..

yeah, see in the age when women work and in some jobs earn more than men, men don't need to be the providers that whole s**t is just sexist. so tired of the age old sexist bs being told to me. no i dont' need to be the provider and plenty of poor people have families. the women who think that are just stupid and brainwashed by the media and old traditions. reality and what they think don't' make any sense. in the past when only men worked it made sense. a woman with no job and a guy with no job wouldn't be able to live. now both women and men work times be changed, women need to catch up. they claim to want to end sexism but only focus on the sexism against women ignoring the ones against men, because well its in their favor. not all women mind you, but the most of them. hopefully this will change for future generations. its quite odd to hear a woman say times have changed so women should be treated equal while still holding themselves to idea of value of a man that dates back hundreds of years.

friends, married/in relationship women, people on forums etc. all women. they'll not in a position to date me. just relates to my all the good kind ones are already taken.

funny, never met a good looking woman who didn't complain about the horrible messages or pick up lines she got from men.
nope because even single never been dated women have the same requirements.
seen smokes demand non smokes, obese women demand a fit athletic man, homeless women demand a guy who makes a good living. etc. this isn't something that is less in dateless or less fortunate women. now if a guy did any of that hes called sexist. how many people here are insulted saying they must be some fat guy wanting a model type woman and that's sexist. but women do it and they get praised for having standards. :roll:

hes in the minority lucky him. doesn't help the millions of the rest of us.
people also win the lottery but then 200 million also lose the lottery per 1 that wins. so does the 1 winning mean the other 200 million will wind too, no.

kinda find it annoying how you've done a 180 from your old position soon as you have women interested in you.
you use to say horrible stuff about women now you praise their positions. ^o.o>

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 5:45 pm

DataLore wrote:
Sly you were right on with the comment about girl gamers.. personally I can think of no better way to spend a weekday night than snuggled up with someone, kicking their ass (or at least attempting to!) on tekken, or swapping stories about experiences with single player games. Gaming is a hobby much like any other, and it's only the attitude of the general population that makes it seem less acceptable for some reason. So long as it's not the ONLY thing you do, then I've never understood why it should be taboo to game. In fact the only decent conversations I've ever had with NT's, where I've really felt like I struck up some kind of rapport, revolved around reminiscing over old games, the one's my age group grew up with as kids.

It's obsession that's unhealthy, not the type of hobby itself. I'm not even sure whether the general population is even being honest with itself when it looks down on certain hobbies, because it seems more people are involved than not, and once you coax them to admit as much it just seems like any other hobby. Stigma about this seems to already be pretty outdated tbh. Not sure if I'm just extremely lucky, or whether it's a UK thing, but being a 'nerd' about something is really becoming the norm, and it seems like people are encouraged to admit this, and talk about it with like minded people. Hell I could even talk about Star Trek at my last job and even people who never watched it weren't giving me any strange looks over it, probably because they have their own little nerd things and can respect mine. XD

Sorry tangent happened, I'm just not very good at expressing things unless I just hammer out a big wall of text and hope the point is made within somewhere. ^^'

its nice actually, way better then the normal depressing being told I'm horrible and going live alone forever I normally read here.

the same people who hate on gaming will spend thousands of dollars and 40% or more of their life on sports. they get obessed, talk about it all the time, freak out if their team loses, etc. or watch hundreds of tv shows. just those things are considered normal. while despite most games being made for 18+ video games are considered just for kids. they don't bother to look at the industry, where the money comes from mostly, who plays games, who games are made from, the gaming networks, the cons, video game youtube channels making millions, its a big growing industry. now more and more people are gaming due to android and iphone games. the trend is changing I think in another 20-40 years gaming will be socially accepted as normal as watching football while you drink a beer.

glad you able to find places to be yourself :)

sagarverma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 May 2015, 12:40 am

Life is a mystery we cannot predict what will happen tomorrow

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2015, 1:47 pm

In a perfect world, women would actively pursue, initiate with men as much as men do with women, but since it is not a perfect world, oh well.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 6:17 am

DataLore wrote:
Sly you were right on with the comment about girl gamers.. personally I can think of no better way to spend a weekday night than snuggled up with someone, kicking their ass (or at least attempting to!) on tekken
But I've only been able to do that with a girl a few times :( Works better with movies instead of games. More snuggling, less button mashing. One time I played my 3DS over her shoulder while making out with her but now she's gone because I acted like a jerk :(
WantToHaveALife wrote:
In a perfect world, women would actively pursue, initiate with men as much as men do with women, but since it is not a perfect world, oh well.
What would be the point of that? If it was up to women to do it instead of men, there would be an equal number of women with the same problem.

There would also be men complaining that no woman is asking them out. It would be the same problems in reverse. The same severity.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 12:43 pm

DanielLee5 wrote:
It's ok you never had serious relationships, but it's not ok you feel painful about that. Have you tried online dating? It could increase your self-esteem as well and help you to acquire some experience, happily there are lots of dating sources ( https://kovla.com/datings/us/jackson-park/, Tinder, OkC, Match)

I've been using online dating since I was 20, not really any luck

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 9:49 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
DanielLee5 wrote:
It's ok you never had serious relationships, but it's not ok you feel painful about that. Have you tried online dating? It could increase your self-esteem as well and help you to acquire some experience, happily there are lots of dating sources ( https://kovla.com/datings/us/jackson-park/, Tinder, OkC, Match)

I've been using online dating since I was 20, not really any luck
I don't know if I will ever stop feeling bitter and resentful, jealous of people that got to experience young love, dating and relationships, sex in their teens and early 20's, or throughout their 20's