Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

dorisbanana
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm

Hello!My name is Doris and I'm not sure if I'm an aspie or not. I'm super clumsy when I have to be social, I don't know what to say, how to approach people and what I should answer. I know many people aren't interested or can't even understand me when I speak about things I'm interested in, so, in a way, I stopped trying to talk about my interests because it makes it even more awkward. I tried to get interested in things people talk about, average conversations, but it's really boring, in most cases I don't know what to say either and I end up saying nothing or just few words,which is equally awkward.
I have trouble to understand hidden or secondary meanings in conversations and I do appreciate straightforward people.
Sometimes I have troubles to express myself without hurting people; when I'm asked an opinion,often my answer sounds very very harsh to other people. I learnt to lie, but it makes me very uncomfortable as it's quite visible I'm lying just to be nice.Many people even think that I'm rude.
I do get obsessive with things I like and I have a very good memory.
On the other hand, I hate repetitive patterns and routine, I'm not a picky eater or picky at all.
Few years ago, I met an aspie and we immediately become friends. This guy made me make a test by a Swedish University and I've got I have the Asperger's talent and I'm halfway between a NT and an aspie. My friend says I could qualify as aspie,but probably I just have a sh***y character.
Who can diagnose Asperger?How did you find out you are an aspie?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 5:03 pm

Hey Doris welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!