Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

narcolepticpenguin
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Apr 2015, 6:57 pm

We all have those unique things about us that make us truly unique,for instance. I have a number of unique abilities that seem to revolve around my "disability" (I dont really like that lable) I have a unique ability to be very good at profiling,in fact my observation skills mixed with my massive visual memory,has been known to convince people I am psychic,when I revieve these reactions I just laugh and say no I am autistic,my other special skill, is I tend to be very god as a match maker iv directed most of my focus to understanding myselfand people and as a result,I am very adept at bringing people together. finnally my most useful skill I stole from sherlock holmes Iis my mind palace,were I sit I can recreate usually up to a couple city blocks inside my mind and rebuild the buildings I have visited,soly from memory and tell somebody the locations of items after only seeing them once without having to be there. SO I am creating this post out of curiosity,those of you reading please tell me and share with all of us what are those unique things that make you.....you?

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 7:43 pm

Hey narcolepticpenguin welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

Welcome to our forums!

Very few people actually read introductions in the Getting To Know You section. If you'd like to discuss super powers, you would be better off posting a copy of that in General Autism Discussion.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:44 pm

I don't like people to know things about me so I won't tell you. But welcome welcome

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:49 pm

Welcome to WP.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2015, 10:45 pm

Welcome, narcolepticpenguin! I can relate to what you're saying, especially the bit about tricking people into thinking I have psychic powers. More often than not, they just don't remember already telling me something and/or think that I'm much dumber than I really am. But I'm not really sure what makes me, me.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 11:01 pm

My special power is being able to tell when someone's lying. This works right into one of my special interests: scams.

Also, no one has ever successfully lied to me so far as I know. A few people have withheld important information, but that doesn't give off the same signals as lying outright. I'm also a fierce interrogator, asking all the most pertinent questions which sales people (and scammers) hate so much.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Apr 2015, 12:08 am

^^^ That's a very useful power, Molly! I wish more of us had that! Experience has taught me to stop being naive and that things are not always as they seem! Moreover, some of us don't immediately learn from trusting the wrong sort of people...

Do you find it more difficult when someone lies in an email scam, in other words, lying in written form? I've learned how to ignore those emails that start off "hello dear, my name is ( ) from Nigeria and I saw your profile and think we should meet up... 8O

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 12:20 am

Yes and thanks, I can tell if someone's lying by email or any other medium. It's been totally useful all my life, especially as my parents could not tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2015, 10:41 am

Hmm, I do mean trick as in a spooky human trick and not an actual con. My superpower kinda sucks next to yours, Molly! :oops:

narcolepticpenguin
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Apr 2015, 3:29 pm

I really appreciate all of your replies thank you