Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

karaflores
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2015, 8:02 am

I need some advice, my husband has Asperger's and has a close friendship with a woman that does not know he has it. She continues to call and text, knowing he is married, as is she. He swears he has nothing for her when I mention divorce and I have read their texts, and on his end, it is completely appropriate and innocent. Not so much on her end. How do I know he is being honest and not cheating and how do I help him understand she has very different intentions than he has?

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2015, 9:17 am

Rather than mentioning divorce, have you just told him flatly and plainly that even if he isn't interested, her advances make you exceedingly uncomfortable and that you'd like the friendship to end? Directness is the absolute best approach.
Likely if he disagrees, you can just go over what cues she's giving for it.

What reasons does he give for staying in touch?
Have you spoken to this person directly?

I'm inclined to believe he is being honest, but I don't really know him and I'm pretty sure there have been Aspies that do cheat.

karaflores
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

I haven't talk with her directly, I only see her at our daughter's softball games and that is not the appropriate time for confrontation. I have asked him if he wants to be with her and he says no, but I have never flat out told him to stop talking to her because it makes me uncomfortable. I will give that a try and I guess if, at that point, he refuses then I have my answer. Thank you