Online relationships for aspies?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

Thank you all for the input, it's really nice hearing people's opinions on this! Having people talk about it like it's realistic is quite a relief too! I think Dreamsphere and nick007 are right about trying to introduce each other to our parents. Also, I think waiting a little longer is a good idea so that we can both be more confidant about things being serious between us to our parents.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 3:06 pm

Curious: How far apart are you geographically?

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 3:16 pm

Congratz Asahi and GoofyGoobers.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

I live in Washington State, and she lives in Tennessee, that's about 2500 miles by car...

darkphantomx1 wrote:

Thanks!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 11:06 pm

AsahiPto17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I live in Washington State, and she lives in Tennessee, that's about 2500 miles by car...

I once drove 2150 miles each way w/ my best friend for a weekend keg party in Las Vegas, soooo 2500 miles to meet someone you may love is totally reasonable. Make it a goal.. then realize that goal. 8)

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Apr 2015, 11:45 pm

My experience with LDRs is, if you don't aim to meet soon, have a plan and a timeline for getting together and consistently meet as often as you can until you're able to get together for good, the relationship becomes warped as the couple gets too used to each other's online selves.

Good luck guys, communicate often and lovingly.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 7:41 am

Go own some noobs in Leauge of Legends together. (or whatever the kidz play these days) That's good bonding there.

LuckyBunny
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Apr 2015, 3:52 pm

AsahiPto17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

darkphantomx1 wrote:

Thanks!

2500 miles isn't so bad. I've been in a relationship for the past 6 years with someone over 3000 miles away. It's challenging as hell, but very doable. What matters is being able to meet eventually. For many, that's the breaking point, and the relationship fails before they meet. But for us... well, we lasted over a year and a half with almost no hope of meeting and then we met. Then there was a further 7 months before we met again. A year and a half later we met a third time and got engaged.... from here on, we want to get something permanent arranged so we're not just meeting up occasionally, but being on opposite sides of an ocean isn't very easy to play with. At least you guys are in the same country. It takes commitment and strength, but definitely worthwhile, and be damned anyone who tells you you'll never make it.

AsahiPto17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2015, 3:18 am

I thought I might as well say that she broke up with me out of the blue within less than a month of it starting. I still talk with her a lot though but we are not in a romantic relationship.

roteiro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 4:49 am

Thanks for the thread! As for me, I am single and trying to find someone using online dating sites like Kovla. I am kinda desperate, but I've dated several cool girls from Russian from that website. Hope, I will find my love...smiley