Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

martyg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2015, 2:36 pm

Okay, here goes .... god I'm nervous. Maybe it's easier to list things about me rather than a long, incomprehensible post that I'll obsessively edit before sending. Going to type this as fast as possible and send it off before I have a chance to think about it.

1. undiagnosed aspie (I fit the description to a tee)

2. about 95% unable to connect with people on any level. Have chickened out on the diagnosis several dozen times throughout my life

3. live alone. Do not have pets. Do not have a family (#4 will explain why).

4. 200% gay, but come on like a biker. You would never be able to tell. Loathe scenes especially the bear scene. I only mention it because it's one of the obsessions. I can see why haters hate because of the gender-bending thing, which I am absolutely not into. I am happy being 100% guy. The pop-culture version of "gay" does not apply to me. My family got rid of me 35 years ago because of it and I have not seen anyone related to me in all that time.

5. Absolutely detest all pop culture. Don't watch TV (threw it out a 10 story window in the 80's and never replaced it). Completely ignorant of all TV and movie franchises, for sheer boredom. Have not chosen to see a movie since 1984. Back To The Future was the one that put me off because I felt like I paid what is about $35 now for an hour and a half advert. I will watch a movie with you but I won't remember anything about it when it's over, and if it's a franchise movie I won't get it for not understanding the jargon. If it is CGI it will make me very disoriented and I will fall asleep.

6. Good with electronic gadgets but hate them thinking for me. I once quit a job with Apple for political reasons (we can talk about this at length).

7. Into common practise music heavily. That's "classical" to you. I tell people it's Bugs Bunny music when I want to avoid the poshness factor. I have been accused of being snobby about it, but I am not into it to appear refined. My favourites are generally from the 20's through the 70's. George Crumb, Iannis Xenakis, Aaron Copland, Reynaldo Hahn (who was CUTE), John Ireland, Maurice Ravel, Modest Mussorgsky, Béla Bartók, and Paul Hindemith are my rock stars. I do not consider what pop stars do to be music, but it's okay if you do (we can talk about this at length as well).

8. Frugal like you wouldn't believe. I have several times made a month's worth of living on $500.

9. Naturist. This started because I'm too cheap to wash clothes every week. Now feel weird if I have any clothes on at all in my home.

10. Love pictures of cute furry animals, especially otters and alpacas but find the furry scene strange. Have zero desire to wear a costume.

11. My video games are things like slide mahjongg.

12. Major synaesthete. Absolute pitch, perceive music as curves, textures and architecture. I hear it scientifically rather than emotionally but it is fascinating.

13. Polarity is off in one eye severely. The practical upshot is that it is easy to read a computer screen but difficult to read a book, so I don't.

14. Almost never leave my home, except for the grocery store and work when I have it (right now I do not). Have been known to throw the entire contents of the house out and travel for long periods of time (that is, bumming it) when I get cabin fever.

That's about it. Music, cute furry animals and guys. Sums me up if you need a quick bite like is so prevalent nowadays.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm

Welcome, Marty! I was nervous too.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 3:36 pm

hi, marty. welcome. you did a great job of introducing yourself. i, too, am an undiagnosed aspie. i like classical music, but like baroque and romantic better than modern, though my favorite piece of all is barber's adagio for strings. i also like pop and folk rock. congrats on your perfect pitch.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 3:37 pm

Hi, martyg----welcome to Wrong Planet!! Don't be nervous----you won't have anyone judging you, HERE----in-fact, I'm thinking you're going to find some like-minded people, right off!!

In case you haven't had a chance to already explore, very much, here's a couple of places on this site, that you might like:

Here's our Gay Forum.....

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=36

And, here's our Music Forum.....

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Enjoy!!

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 3:43 pm

Hi Marty, welcome to WP! From what you've said it sounds like you'll fit in here quite well.
How do you feel about Saint Saens (composer). I love Danse Macabre dearly.
Do you like to read?

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 3:43 pm

Welcome to WP!

Kate.com
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm

Hi! :)

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm

Hey martyg welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 9:08 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Scott06
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2015, 12:17 am

Hi Welcome

martyg
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Apr 2015, 12:45 am

Thanks everyone.

Don't read books. Can't adjust my wonky eye very well to them.

Tend to go for the deeper cuts in the music rather than the popular stuff. My time-eating project is to paste my mp3s together so that big works are one file apiece and I hear them as one. This does lead to some big mp3s (some 2.5 hours long) but that's the way I listen.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2015, 2:55 am

Welcome martyg, enjoy browsing our site!

I too detest what is popularly supposed to be in vogue. I like what I like!

I like guys too. Yet totally dislike the stereotypes.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 2:56 am

Hi ya and Welcome!