What would you do if your ex left their clothes behind?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

I got loads of shirts that hilariously can't possibly fit me, so what did I do? Well, place them all in a single place, of course... what I ended up calling a 'shrine'... well, you know. What's worse is that since he wore my bathrobes all the time I constantly get reminded of him every time I wear them as well.

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 9:34 pm

I know it's hard when you've had a breakup and still have their belongings around.. especially if you are using those as comfort objects. However, it's often harder on the heart to keep those things (reminders) around than to rid yourself of them. Have you attempted contact in an effort to give him his belongings back? If you've contacted him and haven't gotten anywhere, what about donating them to a men's shelter or even the Goodwill? I'm sure there's someone who could use those clothes that he has left behind.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Apr 2015, 1:34 am

I'd might get mad & burn em during a period of anger & frustration over the breakup. Not having them around would be good for me emotionally to help get over them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

nyxjord: doesn't want to say a word to me now... once asked in an email whether he wanted the chip fryer (as he mainly used it) and didn't reply. But... nah, they're memories, they can't just be worn by some random people. :P

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 9:59 am

I'd sell them for money or burn them in a campfire.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2015, 9:24 am

Send him an email offering to mail them back to him within the next 7 days, and stating that if you don't hear back from him you'll dispose of them. Then do it. (If the shirts are in good condition, give them to goodwill or a similar charity. If not, trash them)