I'm afraid of being alone forever

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 1:08 pm

I'm afraid that no girl will want to date me. To this day, iv'e never had a girlfriend before. Every time I talk to girls I always fail because i'm just too shy to talk to girls I like. I'm a great guy who has a lot to offer. I can bench press 115 pounds, I pwn noobs in Runescape, I work 12 hours a week doing dishwashing, and i'm pretty good at ping pong. But I still can't get a girlfriend. It's as if the female sex is just turned off by me.

I just want a girl who accepts me for who I am. Someone who gets me.

What should I do?

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 25 Apr 2015, 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 1:11 pm

Make more money of course, like, a LOT more, become like, a doctor or something.

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I'm afraid that no girl will want to date me. To this day, iv'e never had a girlfriend before. Every time I talk to girls I always fail because i'm just too shy to talk to girls I like. I'm a great guy who has a lot to offer. I can bench press 115 pounds, I pwn noobs in Runescape, I work 12 hours a week doing dishwashing, and i'm pretty good at ping pong. But I still can't get a girlfriend. It's as if the female sex is just turned off by me.

What should I do?

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2015, 1:25 pm

tfw the deja vu is legit 8O

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:

What should I do?

Find a girl who is into part-time dishwashers who are pretty good at ping pong!

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

It's sounds more like you need to work on being less shy. Practice talking to girls more so you won't be afraid when you see one you like.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2015, 2:50 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:

What should I do?

Alright, if you can bench press 115 pounds then you need to take some selfies that show off your buff bod.

Next step: Try online dating and post those pics with your profile(I highly, HIGHLY recommend OkCupid! But Tinder works really well if you look good).

But is dishwashing your primary career path in life? I sure hope not! If you don't have a college degree I strongly recommend getting one and even if you do, you need to find a better job.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 2:51 pm

darky, you got contaminated too?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm

Practice talking to everyone. Stranger asks you a question--take the time to give them a thoughtful answer.

indianadowjones
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Apr 2015, 9:29 pm

Take a class in public speaking. Look up a Toastmasters group. I enjoy public speaking when I get a chance. It's those one-on-one conversations I fall flat after all my funny stories run out.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm

Truthful advice. Another tid-bit: Social-gatherings where people meet each other for established purposes. For example, you could probably find a group on MeetUp.Com, who meet in-person for shared interests.

BTDT wrote:
Practice talking to everyone. Stranger asks you a question--take the time to give them a thoughtful answer.

Some of the "common questions" people use:
"Hi, what's your name ?"
"How often do you visit here ?"
"Do you live around here ?"
"Are you a student ?"
"What classes are you taking ?"
"What kinds of subjects do you like to study/research ?"
"Are you working right now ?"
"What kind of job are you working ?"
"Do you like your classes/work ?"
"Got any brothers or sisters ?"
"How is ________ doing ?"

Probably the MOST-important "social-skill" to have for more "long-term" friend-ship/relationships is your "consistency" in "follow-up" communication (this means you are ALWAYS making that ONE weekly call in order to not lose contact). From my own personal-experiences, with collecting over 2000 names and phone-numbers of various people throughout the earlier parts of my life, NONE OF THEM ARE GOING TO CALL YOU (not usually unless they have a reason to try "selling" you something), but IF you find any time to bother calling any of them...

Some pieces of information you need to gather for better consistency with your follow-ups:

"When are the best times to call/contact you ?" (This is usually best to ask right after you've obtained the person's phone-number)

Regarding how to do more follow-ups, well, I will tell you, I am allegèdly some high-functioning autistic (Asperger's), even though Asperger's has been completely removed from the DSM ever since its version V came out, but as for how to ask the other party to "go out" with you I would probably go with something like the following...

"Say, would you care to join me for tea at ____ right now ?" (Pick some public place that's easy to identify find like a mall or even a grocery store or something)

If you're a guy asking a girl who asks you "why ?" like she's "suspicious" of you, she's asking you suspiciously because you sound either nervous or unconfident, but that may also sometimes be due to her "testing" your "confidence" levels, I ASSURE you, just think of yourself as being absolutely full of awesomely awesome awesomeness whilst talking to the ladies, and they'll be fine with meeting you in-person after you CONFIDENTLY answer her "why ?" question with something like: "I just find it easier/preferable to speak in-person rather than through the phone" or perhaps even "I usually go to X but thought that perhaps I should be a gentleman & invite you rather than my normal routine of always hogging that place all to myself."

/nod /nod alright good luck with this from-a-fellow-autistic advice !