Help- fantasies about dating a celeb

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 1:10 am

I need your guys help. Even though I stated to you that I just got into my first relationship with a girl, now is one of those times, I still have occasional fantasies about dating a celeb. I have no experience myself with acting singing or modeling, but I do dream or even aspire to learn these crafts. I know that isn't a guarantee I'll be a celeb myself or be able to meet one, mingle with them, but that's what the whole idea was born out of.

But I am kind of anxious about these fantasies right now, so please don't make it hard on me. I know these ideas are silly. I just don't want to grow old one day realizing I could have missed a big opportunity. I really want to date a celeb (especially this one) badly, sometimes. I just see them as "above" non-celebrities. Do you have any words of encouragement, hope or relief? Just anything to calm me?

And, the celebrity in question is close to my age.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 7:34 am

Well I heard Miley Cyrus is available, if you like crazy girls who like having fun, then she is your type. Just don't break up with her or she will twerk on her ex-boyfriend just to piss you off.

Ariana is available as well, shes petite and cute and has eyes that can make any grown man melt. You should go after her.

I call dibbs on Susan Boyle. My one and only.

Awww dangit, she's dating someone. :(

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2015, 7:42 am

Dude. EVERYBODY does this. Fantasizing about celebrities is probably the most normal thing I've read on this board, and we have a lot of very normal problems.

Many couples have a list of celebrities they are allowed to date if they ever get a chance. This doesn't cause jealousy because we all know you'll never get the chance.

There's even an episode of Friends where they talk about it. I think its Ross who meets one of the people on his list.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2015, 7:49 am

Never had fantasies about dating a celeb, but I had an obsession with a country music star in the 80s. I even went to Nashville 3 times just to see her. In retrospect, this seemed like any other obsession with a girl that slowly faded as I got new interests.

However, I don't think fantasizing about celebs is the same thing as being obsessed with them. It's just as different as typical dating is from getting obsessed with girls you don't know anything about.