Page 7 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 10:12 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
I have recently discovered that it is pointless trying to reason with ANA regarding what we have discovered about the Natural world. She is a Christian Gnostic and therefore believes in the Gnostic understanding of the Demiurge, meaning that the only way to understanding is through spiritual means via asceticism and the refutation of the materiel world. The upshot of this is that anything discovered via "material" means is immediately open to suspicion and scepticism as it was created by The Demiurge who is known as the creator of falsehoods and evil. The effect of the Demiurge upon the materiel world (within Gnosticism) is hard to pin down. Some see the Demiurge as a lower god doing the best it could using the fallible and inferior product of that is Materiel, others go so far as to describe it as Satan. Whatever the case ANA will never accept something Material that differs from her self found spiritual belief as this has come from a higher realm
Woo! That's rich coming from you who subscribe to a faith that is completely divorced from the real world and its natural laws.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 10:41 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
I have recently discovered that it is pointless trying to reason with ANA regarding what we have discovered about the Natural world. She is a Christian Gnostic and therefore believes in the Gnostic understanding of the Demiurge, meaning that the only way to understanding is through spiritual means via asceticism and the refutation of the materiel world. The upshot of this is that anything discovered via "material" means is immediately open to suspicion and scepticism as it was created by The Demiurge who is known as the creator of falsehoods and evil. The effect of the Demiurge upon the materiel world (within Gnosticism) is hard to pin down. Some see the Demiurge as a lower god doing the best it could using the fallible and inferior product of that is Materiel, others go so far as to describe it as Satan. Whatever the case ANA will never accept something Material that differs from her self found spiritual belief as this has come from a higher realm

I'll take the FACT that ANA expresses
empathy toward other folks here

and does not ride them down;
any day over science.

Science is just a tool.

Humans are real.

Get real.

Just a suggestion...;)

Her own values of human compassion, dignity,
and selflessness will take her further in life
than any science

ever will...

no matter where 'they' come from.

But I'm not talking about a job.

I'm talking about enjoying life;
and connecting to other REAL
flesh and blood folks...

And a Philosophy or Science that
does not include that is nothing much of
all of real human value when flesh and blood
becomes

'life';

If it ever does.

The greatest wonderment of evolution
of any animal is the capability of
healthy human beings to love
and socially cooperate.

Anything else is below
this greaTEST OF
ALL human
potential;
of
all
evolution
now;
on Earth,
at least..:)

Seriously, sometimes
'this place' needs an enema..;)

And 'this place' refers to all of online 'adventures' where 'avatars' make
folks not culpable for the lack of basic humanity in human
cognitive and affective empathy for other human beings.

In real life, people open doors for folks, where I live.

And for folks that openly ride other folks down; there
are real flesh and blood consequences for that as well.

Those are the rooms of life, I enjoy the most.

Most of online is sick; very

sick in this
way and

'seriously'

sad.

Check your heart Dent; again, just a suggestion.

ANA is human; I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT.

God! she is a saint
here.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 1:50 am

Firstly David your opinion regarding science is worthless as it is demonstrably facile, in fact, to use your own words, your understanding of science is divorced from reality. Aghogday all I am doing is stating a fact, if you perceive that as being an attack that is your interpretation.

As for "Her own values of human compassion, dignity,
and selflessness will take her further in life
than any science"

This may very well be true, but I for one am very grateful the we have science and the scientific method and people like David, and others who think spiritual revelations are the primary source of knowledge, have lost control of accepted knowledge and how to attain credible understanding of things. ANA is perfectly entitled to believe whatever she wants, but it is important for those trying to reason with her to understand where her thought processes are based.

And I am sorry but it IS pointless trying to explain physics to someone who refuses to accept that we can get a basic understanding of the natural world,because they see the material world as flawed by either design or its fundamental nature, and therefore spiritual revelation triumphs over any evidence from the material world. call that a personal attack if you want, I really don't give a damn what you think.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 2:30 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Firstly David your opinion regarding science is worthless as it is demonstrably divorced from reality.
I for one am very grateful the we have science and the scientific method and people like David and others who think spiritual revelations are the primary source of knowledge have lost control of what is to be believed verses heresy. ANA is perfectly entitled to beleive whatever she wants, but it is important for those trying to reason with her to understand where her thought processes are based.

And I am sorry but it IS pointless trying to explain physics to someone who refuses to accept that we can get a basic understanding because they see the material world as flawed by either design or its fundamental nature and therefore spiritual revelation triumphs over any evidence from the material world. call that a personal attack if you want, I really don't give a damn what you think, as if I give any credence to your viewpoint.
I've not been talking about any so-called "spiritual revelations". That is your red herring.

I've just been pointing out with examples and reasons that your religion (faith) is entirely superstitious and contradictory to well known, observable and observed natural laws, processes and operations.

That you ignore the evidence presented is not my fault. You may go ahead and believe any impossible thing you like, but I take exception to you spreading the stuff around deceiving the unwary with nonscience and destroying what is left of real science and proper scientific method.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 2:46 am

Oldavid wrote:
I've not been talking about any so-called "spiritual revelations". That is your red herring.

I've just been pointing out with examples and reasons that your religion (faith) is entirely superstitious and contradictory to well known, observable and observed natural laws, processes and operations.

That you ignore the evidence presented is not my fault. You may go ahead and believe any impossible thing you like, but I take exception to you spreading the stuff around deceiving the unwary with nonscience and destroying what is left of real science and proper scientific method.

David all you have presented is a very facile understanding of complex physics accompanied by hyperbole and nonsensical rhetoric. I do not have a religion, yes I have a position on knowledge which is that plausible natural explanations must be thoroughly exhausted before any consideration is given to supernatural ones. You on the other hand will never contemplate any evidence that challenges your "self evident" understanding of god and creation. So whilst you do not talk about spiritual revelation, you are intransigent in your belief of an intelligent creator, and life on this planet and this belief triumphs over any evidence. So in effect you and ANA are different sides of the same coin.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 6:00 am

I am hoping for a laugh as the wink might elicit that is tongue in CHEEK; but never the less, strong disagreement, like I do not give a dam what you think, and BOLDING is an improvement.

There is HOPE for you Mr. Dent.

Smiles.

I am no 'tattle tale'; but I am a 'Behavior Modification' expert.

Just another area of my expertise...

I believe in full disclothsure and disco..;)

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:06 am

aghogday wrote:
I am a 'Behavior Modification' expert.

Of course you are :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, in my life I have noticed that the more people self aggrandize, the more they say they are blissfully happy, the greater is the opposite reality.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 10:52 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
aghogday wrote:
I am a 'Behavior Modification' expert.

Of course you are :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You know, in my life I have noticed that the more people self aggrandize, the more they say they are blissfully happy, the greater is the opposite reality.

Well, 'dear', in terms of endearment and joy; in case you never peruse it, when I provide the direct links before; the ultimate truth of that falsehood about you doubting my joy; is as simple as typing in with quotes, in a google search, 'God's Muse of Dance'. And when you see the grinning faces of well over two-hundred gorgeous girls with me, grinning just as big; some hanging all over me, for the muse of dance I bring to them; if you cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven of Now; you will never see it, my friend; at least from the outside looking in.

And OH MY GOD; I'm just joking about the frigging BM (behavior modification expert) stuff;

Isn't IT obvious by now I'm a clown. That is my social role in life,
friend. It's much fun and sometimes a challenge;

but the rewards are priceless.

After all, I give you three videos to clue you in on that..;)

But I'm serious, Art; bliss IS in the flesh and blood heART;
not the abstract thought mind; And yes, imagination,
creativity, and ART expressed as spirit in FLESH
AND BLOOD ways from human souls, in mind
and body balance; fully alive for now;
connecting with other humans
and the rest of Nature aka God
in the metaphor of Spirit.

And I know nothing about your sexuality or sensuality; but trust me that
is a core of all human imagination, creativity, and productivity; in ART
connecting to what you LIKE; and yes, the scientific method in
the science of human lust and love; evidences this too;
Yes, you can look that up on Google, if you like, too..:)

And if the first piece of evidence

is not enough to convince you;

There is another one called '666 Months of Dance'.

With around a hundred more women; give or take.

I also share my nude art with them; and they FEEL
IT'S COOL; 'can I have a link to that'; is what they ask.

No, not all; but some; I do not want to exaggerate..:)

Trust me; I get around Much MUCH further than
this little place; in 'imaginary online', far, far
from the flesh and blood; I for one, FEEL
IN PERCEPTION; never limited to words
and analytical life, alone; in flesh and
Blood Life, with all my favorite friends..:)

Albeit; mostly female;
always have been and AM still,
a LADY'S MAN; it's a great way of life;

And if nothing else, I tell you; you
will believe; my joy all the time
is irrefutable, as evidenced
in those
LINKS!

If not; I'll just
giggle, as you
are being silly, too;
if you do not
google that
as truth.

Smiles..:)

Lighten up Arthur.

We are one life;
for NOW;
and it
is much more
than either
words or science;
or food, for that matter..:)

At least; THAT potential is tHere.

Oh yeah; and the biggest Kicker
is I'm turning 55, on June 6th;
'not' to mention being a
shut-in, for five long
years, with all
the 19 disorders
just ending
22 months
ago.

While I'm out having the time
of my life; my peers sit
still on mall benches;
looking grim.

That doesn't have to
be your future; but
the future is
in YOUR HANDS
my friend; it
takes FLESH
AND BLOOD
WORK TO
be always
happy
me,
in simple animal homeostasis
in A mind and body
balance of a
DANCE OF
LIFE..:)

where much more
than fingers do the
TALKING..;)

Epigenetics IS SERIOUS
STUFF, Arthur Dent dude;
and, I for one, in case-study
prove just how cool it is.

Use it or lose it;
most definitely
does apply;
in both positive
and negative
epigenetics;
in just one
LIFETIME.

While you 'guys'
are worrying about facts
of the past, I am creating
a great now, for me;
in coolest Epigenetic
way!

It is the greatest
Wonderment associated
with Evolution in
just one life;
SERIOUSLY
COOL
STUFF,
'it' is.

Believe 'it; or not;
in 'Ripley's terms'
of Fred the clown..:)

The 'tears' of
'this clown'
are joy,
my friend..:)