We Should Celebrate When NTs Breakup!

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PlasticManGNB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 May 2015, 1:41 am

When my sister lost her BF once to another woman, my mum was crying and i found ti quite annoying and stupid. She kept telling me to have a heart and i said "So what?! She's normal, she will get another in a matter of hours, and she always will. Us Apsies will have to face what she is facing right now for our whole lives. Why shouldn't she have a taste of what I have to face my whole life?!"

Does anybody agree with me?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 2:00 am

shhh, this particular board is Wrong Planet's alternate-reality in which NTs magically become awesome.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 2:58 am

Seriously you could not possibly be more wrong. I've seen enough of that and perhaps some circumstantial factor temporarily desensitized you but it's always a downer and potentially a very harmful situation to a lot more people than just the ones doing the breaking up. It's not just some cliché question of having a heart, you need to sanctify your mind. Find your own means of consecrating everything else while you're at it.

There's a bumper sticker in front of me right now on my friends' wall and I'm going to get a run printed; LOVE>FEAR.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:08 am

PlasticManGNB wrote:
When my sister lost her BF once to another woman, my mum was crying and i found ti quite annoying and stupid. She kept telling me to have a heart and i said "So what?! She's normal, she will get another in a matter of hours, and she always will. Us Apsies will have to face what she is facing right now for our whole lives. Why shouldn't she have a taste of what I have to face my whole life?!"

It's nothing to celebrate over. NTs are human too, and just like us they have emotions and relationship problems as well. Personally, I hate seeing relationships end, but what's even worse is seeing what happens leading up to them breaking up. I've witnessed enough breakups in my life that I've become quite disillusioned with the idea of relationships, and especially marriage. It's just not how they portray it in the movies.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 5:06 am

Makes no sense and causes you to sound like a raging jelly bean.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:19 am

No thanks. Im not bitter about my life.

Neon Noir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2015, 12:21 pm

I'd say some degree of schadenfreude is to be expected, but it's probably best to keep it to yourself.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 1:25 pm

We all take the things we have for granted. I don't know your situation but i'm assuming you live in a middle class family with both parents still in your life. Theres people out there who don't have that and envy what you have. In other words, we all have something going for us that other people wish they had whether it's having a lot of friends, living in a stable home, height, good looks, etc...

I'm not going to discount your problems because we all got something going on. Being in your 20s (or however old you are) and seeing other people get into relationships like it's nothing and you'd be lucky to even have a decent conversation with a girl, it sucks. I think most of us want to be in a relationship whether we admit to it or not. Some individuals are just late bloomers when it comes to women; we may not understand how flirting works or when to take the initiative or how to even talk to girls. For us, we will have to wait longer then most people because dating skills develop later for us. Trust me, I wish I wasn't so shy and scared around girls I like and actually knew what to do but I don't so any girl who is interested in me quickly moves on. That's just the truth. But that doesn't mean that it will always be this way.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 3:18 pm

A matter of hours huh? not sure that is quite how it works even for normal people...

And its not impossible for people with autism to have relationships...I also just don't see much good in celebrating things that upset people especially if said person has done nothing wrong to me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 6:34 pm

I think that there are much better things to celebrate. I would never say such things to my sister, or any woman in that matter if they had a break-up or a divorce. Is it just me, or am I too sensitive to understand why someone would want to celebrate something of this nature?

Cartier
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2015, 1:11 pm

PlasticManGNB wrote:

No. Love and happiness aren't zero-sum games. Your sister's misery at getting dumped has zero bearing on your inability to get a girlfriend.

The fact that you derive happiness from other's misery says a lot about you.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 1:17 pm

PlasticManGNB wrote:

8O

Sometimes I wish there was a button we could click to vote a post down.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 2:50 pm

They have it easier but I don't see the point to be happy of others' misfortunes.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 7:18 pm

I understand your frustration. You're jealous because you feel like your sister and a lot of other NT girls have an easy time getting into a relationship. And you can't even talk to a girl without being rejected or girls not liking you back.

Be careful though as a path built on hate is very dangerous. Eventually your hate will consume you and you will either come off as bitter or you will want to take revenge. Look what that s**t did to Elliot Rodgers. All he wanted was a gf and he could never talk to girls and he thought that he was clearly superior so as a result, he began to hate woman and eventually it led to him taking action and shooting some girls.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 7:37 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I understand your frustration. You're jealous because you feel like your sister and a lot of other NT girls have an easy time getting into a relationship. And you can't even talk to a girl without being rejected or girls not liking you back.

Be careful though as a path built on hate is very dangerous. Eventually your hate will consume you and you will either come off as bitter or you will want to take revenge. Look what that s**t did to Elliot Rodgers. All he wanted was a gf and he could never talk to girls and he thought that he was clearly superior so as a result, he began to hate woman and eventually it led to him taking action and shooting some girls.

Another example is George Sodini (although he did have a girlfriend in his early 20's). What's ironic is that many women has described him as handsome in retrospect.

TheMerryCalvinist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2015, 7:51 pm

Norny wrote:
Makes no sense and causes you to sound like a raging jelly bean.

I don't know if that's a quote or a reference to something, but it made me laugh. Thank you.