We Should Celebrate When NTs Breakup!

Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 10:23 pm

It depends on who they are. If they are good friends or family than no, you should NEVER celebrate.

And we should NEVER celebrate when N.T's breakup - but there's not really any reason to give them empathy either (again, unless good friends or family or co-workers, someone who you actually care about).

I somewhat agree for the following reasons:

1. Even the 'shy/socially awkward' NT's seem to be able to jump into relationship after relationship even more than the most confident and social of Aspies.

Why should any NT's be upset when they just know there's probably going to be someone else down the road in the next 6-30 months.

Their break-up is a chance to live their life alone for some short time before they meet another person.

Might seem like a long time but it's really not.

Breaking up with someone and then spending 1-3 years alone again before meeting someone else is NOTHING compared to some of the aspies here that have spent 4 to 5 DECADES completely and totally alone.

2. For the average NT, it will still probably be easier for them to get into a relationship than the average aspie.

Maybe NT's with poor social skills have less of a chance than confident aspies, but there the values are just too small to really make a difference.

The truth is the statistics say that aspies in general, on average, have less relationships than NTs.

Keywords are "in general" and "on average".

Even if you are the aspie or NT who is the exception and even if you are an aspie who finds it easier than an NT who finds it hard you ARE in the minority and there's no denying this.

The proof is on this very website.

This section is so full of negativity, almost never positive posts about love and dating.

It's always about lonely, sad, miserable, depressed, angry, bitter, or general struggling, OR it's about being in a relationship that is sad, hard, difficult, struggling, etc.

And to any moderators: NO, I am NOT insulting any specific users or posts.

It is just in my personal opinion that this section generally has more negative or neutral posts than positive.

I see less posts about "I got a girlfriend/boyfriend yay!" or "I finally sorted out my relationship problems, here's my advice to you! :)" or anything of the sort.

If I have still broken any of the rules in my post, than please just censor it, delete it, or ask me to edit it out and I will...

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 2:28 pm

Cartier wrote:
The fact that you derive happiness from other's misery says a lot about you.

This^^^

The OP can blame Autism all he wants, but people on the spectrum can and do find happy relationships. Being a miserable prick is a much bigger relationship hurdle to overcome.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 5:25 pm

Well, while celebrating someone's unhappiness is a rotten thing to do (unless that person is your personal enemy), it's still really odd that NTs get upset over losing someone they can easily replace. Unlike family relationships and friendships, boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are essentially mutually beneficial exchanges. Each partner gives what they can in exchange for what they want. The girl takes romance, and gives sex. The guy takes sex, and gives romance. And by "romance", I mean anything and everything referred to as "romantic"; "sex" is any sexual act that has a baseball metaphor attached to it.

Most women and all alpha males can find a new romantic or sexual partner in a matter of hours. The rest of women usually take a few days to a few weeks. It's only beta males for whom a girlfriend is anywhere close to irreplaceable. Them, I can understand getting upset. But seeing an attractive woman or an alpha male being upset over losing a boyfriend/girlfriend just boggles my mind. If I were an alpha male, I'd just wait until nightfall, go to the nearest bar, and you know the rest ;).

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 5:33 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Well, while celebrating someone's unhappiness is a rotten thing to do (unless that person is your personal enemy), it's still really odd that NTs get upset over losing someone they can easily replace. Unlike family relationships and friendships, boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are essentially mutually beneficial exchanges. Each partner gives what they can in exchange for what they want. The girl takes romance, and gives sex. The guy takes sex, and gives romance. And by "romance", I mean anything and everything referred to as "romantic"; "sex" is any sexual act that has a baseball metaphor attached to it.

Most women and all alpha males can find a new romantic or sexual partner in a matter of hours. The rest of women usually take a few days to a few weeks. It's only beta males for whom a girlfriend is anywhere close to irreplaceable. Them, I can understand getting upset. But seeing an attractive woman or an alpha male being upset over losing a boyfriend/girlfriend just boggles my mind. If I were an alpha male, I'd just wait until nightfall, go to the nearest bar, and you know the rest ;).

Ugh, tired old sexist tropes... You do a disservice to romantic men here. Some of them are real softies :heart: :heart: and like a bit of cliche type romance. Look at all those romantic songwriters pouring out their soul for the world.

Individuals that you care about cannot be replaced in a matter of hours, or days or ever sometimes. They are unique and you were drawn to something specific about their makeup and personality. Believe it or not people are not all shallow and want to be loved and to love in return, it's not just about finding a woman who is willing to let you f**k her. It's about developing a mutual caring relationship. Until you see that, your mind will always boggle at how others behave.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 5:59 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Ugh, tired old sexist tropes... You do a disservice to romantic men here. Some of them are real softies :heart: :heart: and like a bit of cliche type romance. Look at all those romantic songwriters pouring out their soul for the world.

Romance is like sex. It sells! And most consumers of romance are women. Unless it's a hard-hitting power ballad, most men don't enjoy romantic songs. Just compare Scorpions (popular among men) to Luther Vandross (popular among women). Also consider Taylor Swift; even straight women are head-over-heels in love with her, while men are indifferent about her at best, and many of them find her profoundly annoying. (Ugh! That shrill voice and mushy lyrics!) So those songwriters will keep writing romantic songs as long as people keep buying them. It's just show biz and capitalism working together.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 7:36 pm

I like romance <o.o>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 7:43 pm

There are times when I like romantic-type songs. I have to be in the mood, though.

I wouldn't want to listen to them after I break up with somebody.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 10:22 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are times when I like romantic-type songs. I have to be in the mood, though.

I wouldn't want to listen to them after I break up with somebody.

i do. they are happy when i'm dating someone, but sad when I'm not.

russdm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2015, 12:00 am

Aspie1 wrote:
Also consider Taylor Swift; even straight women are head-over-heels in love with her, while men are indifferent about her at best, and many of them find her profoundly annoying.

I am embarrassed to say that I enjoy listening to Taylor Swift songs. I also like Daft Punk and have listened to Ramstein (German heavy metal band who did a song called Du Hast), despite not understanding any German. I like nearly all music except for most HipHop/Rap and country.

Celebrating NT breakups should happen only when the person has broken up from a relationship that would have ended with the person in a body bag or something bad like that. A relationship that ended to be concluded with. Otherwise, you are taking pleasure in someone else's romantic misfortune and that is not cool, especially if you have the fortune/misfortune to be suddenly involved with them. (Hypothetically speaking, as I have not had any relationships, but have had a few dates)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 3:04 am

hurtloam wrote:
Individuals that you care about cannot be replaced in a matter of hours, or days or ever sometimes. They are unique and you were drawn to something specific about their makeup and personality. Believe it or not people are not all shallow and want to be loved and to love in return, it's not just about finding a woman who is willing to let you f**k her.

It's not "love" (notice the quotes). It's mutually attraction, nothing else. The woman is attracted to the man's alpha male genes. The man is attracted to the sex he gets for having those genes. But because we humans are a self-righteous species, we cannot admit to ourselves that this is what drives romantic relationships. So the concept of romantic "love" was created.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 3:12 am

Aspie1 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Romance is like sex. It sells! And most consumers of romance are women. Unless it's a hard-hitting power ballad, most men don't enjoy romantic songs. Just compare Scorpions (popular among men) to Luther Vandross (popular among women). Also consider Taylor Swift; even straight women are head-over-heels in love with her, while men are indifferent about her at best, and many of them find her profoundly annoying. (Ugh! That shrill voice and mushy lyrics!) So those songwriters will keep writing romantic songs as long as people keep buying them. It's just show biz and capitalism working together.

Luther Vandross? Scorpions? You must be a lot older than I imagined.

I'm not talking about consumors being romantic, I'm talking about song writers, not the mainstream pop artisit who get played to death on the radio. I mean Lloyd Cole, Paul Buchanan, Justin Currie, Chris Thomson, Paddy McAloon, The guy from Blue October and men that I know who write songs. Even David Coverdale, Joey Tempest and Jeff Scott Soto writes some excellent romantic moosh if were wandering into the world of melodic rock. Those sorts of guys, yeah, I know I'm showing my age now. They write songs to sing about how they feel and share their emotions.

I take it you're not the sort who hangs around with arty, bohemian people like I do. I guess we are just very, very different.

These are 2 of my favourite songs, which were introduced to me by ... shock horror ... a man.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 3:13 am

Aspie1 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Individuals that you care about cannot be replaced in a matter of hours, or days or ever sometimes. They are unique and you were drawn to something specific about their makeup and personality. Believe it or not people are not all shallow and want to be loved and to love in return, it's not just about finding a woman who is willing to let you f**k her.

It's not "love" (notice the quotes). It's mutually attraction, nothing else. The woman is attracted to the man's alpha male genes. The man is attracted to the sex he gets for having those genes. But because we humans are a self-righteous species, we cannot admit to ourselves that this is what drives romantic relationships. So the concept of romantic "love" was created.

I feel sad for you. If that's all you see, then that is all you see, but I can assure you that people's lives are so much more colourful than your cynical eye will allow you to see.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 8:11 am

I'd have to agree with hurtloam.....maybe I should hang out with more "Bohemian, arty types.

Then again: some of the Bohemian ethos involves cynicism/nihilism. Though, at least, there's an openness to new ideas.

PlasticManGNB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 May 2015, 1:54 am

Well does anybody agree with my ex-fiances invisibility theory? The theory is, once someone is diagnosed with aspergers or autism, nobody wants to look at them, an they become so meaningless to the point where they could be physically invisible. I agree with this theory because i've done so many bad things in public i aint proud of, in road daylight, in plain sight in a crowd, and nobody so much as turns their head.

Does anybody agree with her theory? She was the matron of a group of asperger supremacists BTW.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 6:55 am

Geekonychus wrote:
The OP can blame Autism all he wants, but people on the spectrum can and do find happy relationships. Being a miserable prick is a much bigger relationship hurdle to overcome.

I know plenty amazing aspies (men and women) who have never been in a relationship.

Relationships are challenging. It's inevitable that years of failures make some of us bitter.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:42 am

But Asperger's/Autism does not PRECLUDE a person from being in a happy relationship.

I don't believe that one is rendered "invisible" because of a Spectrum diagnosis.