Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:39 am

I think I am turning OCD. I also have ASD but the Strang thing I have never been OCD until ver recently like the start of this year but I seem to have it now and it's bad. Some of the OCD rituals are, having to park straight in a parking lot, washing my hands a lot, checking to see if the doors are locked, having to wear certain cots when I do certain things and not waking up when the clock says certain minutes such as when minute hand or digital clock shows a 1, 3, 7, and 8 because the numbers remind me times and dates where people have said stuff that made me scared or over welmed me. I also dont ho into my livingroom because there's s painting in there that reminds me of thr person who painted it who say somethong that freaked me out and try to block it out of my heaf. I think the overall OCD started as a mechanism to block out things people have said that have freaked me out such as certain deap phylisophocal or spiritual stuff that kind of overwelms me.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 5:30 pm

I don't have OCD but the rest of my family does. It is annoying.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 May 2015, 9:42 pm

I had it throughout my life till I started taking Neurontin/Gabapentin

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 7:01 pm

I enjoyed your responces. However, I'm dissapointed that only a couple people have answer so far and curious as to what more people could say on this thread.

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 11:05 pm

The cleaning stuff was something I did as a kid. Now because of school, I have less and less time to clean my room or other things and everything slowly gets cluttered.

The washing hands and clothes tugging was something that has stuck with me since childhood. I also have thought of my death or death of others.

JT_B_Goode
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2015, 11:48 am

I'm sometimes uncomfortable with calling myself OCD since people notice the positives it has for me more than the negatives. I don't want people to think it works out well for everyone. I'm often told at work that I'm very organized or have a great attention to detail. Some of them also notice the organization of my desk, that I always push my chair in, or that I form tall, perfectly straight piles of paper. What they don't notice is that moving my phone's cord out of place will trigger a little panic in me, that every morning I move my trash bucket back to a specific spot from where the cleaners moved it, that I can't allow a candy wrapper to cling to the side of the trash (all trash must go to the bottom). They can't see all the activity and anxiety going on in my brain when I do these habits,that I have an obsession with the number 4, or that even when thinking to myself I need to finish every sentence.

Cole_Long
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jun 2015, 6:35 pm

I've had OCD for a good fifteen years. My symptoms mostly revolve around perfection and making lists to make sure I don't forget to do something. I've been on paroxetine for most of that time, but it's still been a struggle. The most helpful strategy I've developed has been giving myself a "space" (my night table) where I allow myself to follow through with all my OCD tendencies. It's not that time consuming, since it is a relatively small space, and this approach has made it easier to let things go in other places. Still, when I find myself chronically stressed, I typically have to up my paroxetine dosage. I think of it as a part of my life that I'll never get rid of and therefore always have to find a way to manage and balance with the rest of my life.