Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

WillTheSpartan1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 May 2015, 7:18 pm

My name is Will i'm 17 years old and I have aspergers syndrome, now in no way I'm a racist towards black people but this is a question I just want to ask. First off I personally believe Mike Brown did desrve to die because he stole cigars, injured a cashier, assulted Darren Wilson and tried to take his gun away and Darren Wilson had visible injuries on him. Plus the grand jury which had black peole on it proved that Mike Brown did not have his hands up and Mike Brown's friend who started the whole "he had his hands up" said he lied about the whole thing and yet this stupid ignorant pieces of crap rob and loot stores over this and make the black community look bad. And I hate the whole "Black Lives Matter" because that shows me that they believe white people's lives don't matter, but what do think did he deserve to die or not?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 7:32 pm

[MOVED from GAD to PPR]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 9:39 pm

He had it coming, yes.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 10:57 pm

If you decide to violently attack someone, you get what you ask for. Solution, don't violently attack someone to begin with.
Notice how "Black Lives Matter" doesn't cause outcry.
If I started a "White Lives Matter" thing, I would have the DOJ, NAACP, NAN, Rainbow PUSH and the NBPP all over me. It's crazy how PC this nation has become.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 12:47 am

Why does stealing cigars and punching a few people warrant a summary execution?

Land of the free, and home of the gun-toting maniacs.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 12:54 am

Barchan wrote:

couldn't agree more. also, it's assumed that white lives matter, sort of overkill to make it a meme.

i had a friend who started off as a police officer. his partner pulled over a black guy and shoved a lit cigar down his throat, then threatened to kill my friend if he told. my friend resigned and started a business teaching police procedure. sorry to say, it's necessary to emphasize that black lives matter.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 3:20 am

It wasn't really "punching" someone (though punching someone can be readily fatal). Evidence pointed to:

-he attacked an officer in a car
-attempted to steal the officer's sidearm
-ran when a round was discharged in the car from the struggle
-charged the officer after being warned to stop

That's a justified shooting, and Brown had more than enough chances to save himself.

Play with fire and all that.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 May 2015, 12:37 pm

He did not deserve to die, nor did he have it coming.

That doesn't mean Wilson wasn't justified in acting to save his own life, although the evidence is far from clear on that matter.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 6:33 pm

AntDog wrote:
If you decide to violently attack someone, you get what you ask for. Solution, don't violently attack someone to begin with.
Notice how "Black Lives Matter" doesn't cause outcry.
If I started a "White Lives Matter" thing, I would have the DOJ, NAACP, NAN, Rainbow PUSH and the NBPP all over me. It's crazy how PC this nation has become.

+1

It's interesting, though, that you say "It's crazy how PC this nation has become" when "Black Lives Matter" isn't PC, AT ALL----I guess some people (not you) think that only white people should have to be PC!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 6:38 pm

Dillogic wrote:
It wasn't really "punching" someone (though punching someone can be readily fatal). Evidence pointed to:

-he attacked an officer in a car
-attempted to steal the officer's sidearm
-ran when a round was discharged in the car from the struggle
-charged the officer after being warned to stop

That's a justified shooting, and Brown had more than enough chances to save himself.

Play with fire and all that.

Wow, you sound like this case is totally "cut-and-dry", to you----why not the same feeling regarding the Freddie Gray case?

denpajin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2015, 6:41 pm

If he had intent to kill, he deserved to die.

If all he did was steal, rob, and beat people up, he would deserve a good lynching and getting fined/robbed of his possessions.

Race riots are stupid.

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 8:16 pm

denpajin wrote:
If he had intent to kill, he deserved to die.

If all he did was steal, rob, and beat people up, he would deserve a good lynching and getting fined/robbed of his possessions.

Race riots are stupid.

Could you be more racist???

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 11:25 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
He did not deserve to die, nor did he have it coming.

That doesn't mean Wilson wasn't justified in acting to save his own life, although the evidence is far from clear on that matter.

This.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 12:09 am

IDK I wasn't there if the person who killed him did indeed act in self defense, then it was self defense resulting in death. Though if the victim did not have intent to actually harm anyone than not sure I'd see them as for certain 'deserving' it then its just sad all around. But I don't know enough about it to say anything for certain...I know sometimes cops lie and the system protects them and I also know sometimes they really are acting in self defense and didn't have another route of action.

Also though part of the issue is the sort of thinking you express that if one black person does a bad thing or commits a crime you think it makes the whole black community look bad....well an entire group of people should not be held responsible for the actions of some that might be categorized in that group.

A couple mass shooters potentially where on the autism spectrum....well I guess society should see that as making us all look bad and hold us all responsible for it....and pre-emtively treat us as if we will become mass shooters ourselves....not. But people like to cling to pre-conceived negative notions about groups of people.....typically just adds to division among people.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 12:15 am

cathylynn wrote:
Barchan wrote:

couldn't agree more. also, it's assumed that white lives matter, sort of overkill to make it a meme.

i had a friend who started off as a police officer. his partner pulled over a black guy and shoved a lit cigar down his throat, then threatened to kill my friend if he told. my friend resigned and started a business teaching police procedure. sorry to say, it's necessary to emphasize that black lives matter.

Yeah I wouldn't really see the point in 'white lives matter' being applied to the current state of affairs...white people are not disproportionately targeted by the police for one. It's kind of a given that they more often target minorities and that this is one of the more major social issues in society. Now if you're white and mentally ill or white and obviously poor that can also put you in a minority but being a well adjusted white person in society isn't really a vulnerable position to be in, in that sense.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 12:36 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
Wow, you sound like this case is totally "cut-and-dry", to you----why not the same feeling regarding the Freddie Gray case?

According to the evidence, it was as clear cut as it can get without it being filmed.

The physical evidence in the car, and outside, supported Wilson's testimony. The damage inside the car, the blood splatters inside and out, Brown's wounds and final resting place, and the shell casings, told the story.

The only reason it went anywhere was because of the media putting undue faith in emotive eyewitness reports early on, see: Wilson shot Brown as he had his hands up and was on his knees [and variants of this]. This ended up with people feeling justified in looting and burning down other people's hard earned property. Jumping to conclusions is a dangerous thing, especially with emotive people.

No idea on Gray, other than perhaps the prosecution may have bitten off more than they can prosecute. The court case will tell that story.