Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 7:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Yet, it's a known fact that whites use drugs as often as blacks do, and yet blacks are disproportionately arrested and convicted of said drug crimes. And at one time, it used to be said that there were no black serial killers, which has since been proven very wrong. The reason for that almost certainly is because, as serial killers hunt in their own groups, the police showed little interest in solving the murders - let alone connecting the dots leading to one killer of many - because the victims were black. In that respect, it is a police problem.

There'd be plenty of possible reasons for the drug conviction rate being higher among Negroids. Caucasoids might be more inclined to use recreational drugs away from public eye, for example (social pressure from other Caucasoids making them hide their "crimes").

I don't know much about serial killers. Other than it's very rare overall, and yes, Negroids can be such just the same. If it's known that they recognized their error and changed opinions, then that's not really something at fault with the police in the end.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 12:09 am

RE: Thug

"noun
a violent person, especially a criminal.

historical
a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travellers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s."

There is nothing about specific minorities in its definition.

It seems that people are trying to redefine words to suit their agendas.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 12:18 am

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Yet, it's a known fact that whites use drugs as often as blacks do, and yet blacks are disproportionately arrested and convicted of said drug crimes. And at one time, it used to be said that there were no black serial killers, which has since been proven very wrong. The reason for that almost certainly is because, as serial killers hunt in their own groups, the police showed little interest in solving the murders - let alone connecting the dots leading to one killer of many - because the victims were black. In that respect, it is a police problem.

There'd be plenty of possible reasons for the drug conviction rate being higher among Negroids. Caucasoids might be more inclined to use recreational drugs away from public eye, for example (social pressure from other Caucasoids making them hide their "crimes").

I don't know much about serial killers. Other than it's very rare overall, and yes, Negroids can be such just the same. If it's known that they recognized their error and changed opinions, then that's not really something at fault with the police in the end.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to give the cops a pass on this one. Cops, being human, are susceptible to human bigotry, and thus perceive blacks as being guiltier. And yet - on the serial killer example - as I've already stated, the cops were less concerned to solve the murder of blacks, thus allowing multiple murderers among them walk free.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 12:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't suffer from white guilt, as I have never harmed anyone of a different color. I just understand that, despite changes in the law and society, the scars of hundreds of years of oppression and dehumanization run deep in whole populations, passed down from generation to generation.

what's that thing in the good book about how the sins of the fathers are passed down to the sons, to the third generation?

Exactly!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 1:35 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And yet - on the serial killer example - as I've already stated, the cops were less concerned to solve the murder of blacks, thus allowing multiple murderers among them walk free.

Looking it up, I'd more chalk it up to serial killers being hard to catch in addition to police putting less emphasis on prostitutes and the homeless (meaning, class over race). I'm sure if it was wealthy black women getting knocked off, they'd be quite focused.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 1:55 am

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And yet - on the serial killer example - as I've already stated, the cops were less concerned to solve the murder of blacks, thus allowing multiple murderers among them walk free.

Looking it up, I'd more chalk it up to serial killers being hard to catch in addition to police putting less emphasis on prostitutes and the homeless (meaning, class over race). I'm sure if it was wealthy black women getting knocked off, they'd be quite focused.

Serial killers rarely - if ever - go after the wealthy of any color. Instead, for the most part they kill marginalized people. But even with white serial killers killing white prostitutes, the police eventually catch most of them. Not so for black serial killers, as they hunted within their own groups for victims who doubly lack status, being black and hookers. Far more white serial killers had been arrested and convicted for such crimes, while their black counterparts went largely unnoticed for years and years, giving rise to the mistaken assumption that only whites were serial killers. No, it's just that nobody cared about the victims in black neighborhoods.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 2:05 am

Of course, that makes sense.

Was this decades ago or more recent?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 2:11 am

Dillogic wrote:
Of course, that makes sense.

Was this decades ago or more recent?

I believe it was in just the last few years, when the Grim Sleeper (called as such because he had apparently stopped killing for years, then started up again, much like the BTK Killer) was finally caught, revealing that he was a black man, and that he had racked up quite a high body count that no one had connected to just one killer prior to that. There have been others, as well.
Goes to show you, human monsters come in all colors.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 11:36 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
[thug] is overwhelmingly used towards black people

Yes, I agree. The word "thug" is a racist dogwhistle. I never hear that word used to describe white criminals. No one ever calls James Holmes or Adam Lanza a thug.

"Terrorist" is another racist codeword that gets misused. Nobody ever calls the CIA terrorists, even though they're the group most other terrorists learned the ropes from.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 12:38 am

Lanza and Holmes were spree killers, which has its own terms.

"Thug", whilst meaning "violent criminal", tends to be used on street and organized criminals. Caucasoid dudes working the streets are referred to as thugs, for example.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 4:19 pm

Dillogic wrote:
"Thug", whilst meaning "violent criminal", tends to be used on street and organized criminals.
it is also a dog whistle reference to their skin colour.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 7:48 pm

I agree with your point about serial killers. But I still think it is more common for white men to be serial killers than any other group. I don't agree that white serial killers only attack white prostitutes. They will attack any prostitute because they figure they will not be caught because that prostitute is probably somebody that nobody cares about. I also agree that class is more important than race when it comes to this issue. I would bet anything that if the police shot an unarmed black man and that unarmed black man just happened to be Lebron James that cop would be charged with murder without a second thought. Pretty much all of the recent cases (Michael Brown, Freddy Gray, etc.) have been poor men who had criminal records.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 10:39 pm

wowiexist wrote:
I agree with your point about serial killers. But I still think it is more common for white men to be serial killers than any other group. I don't agree that white serial killers only attack white prostitutes. They will attack any prostitute because they figure they will not be caught because that prostitute is probably somebody that nobody cares about. I also agree that class is more important than race when it comes to this issue. I would bet anything that if the police shot an unarmed black man and that unarmed black man just happened to be Lebron James that cop would be charged with murder without a second thought. Pretty much all of the recent cases (Michael Brown, Freddy Gray, etc.) have been poor men who had criminal records.

While there have been serial killer who have been equal opportunity killers, murdering any prostitute regardless of color (such as the Green River Killer in my own Washington state), most in fact hunt within their own groups.
Case in point: When Ted Bundy from prison had been offering his assistance to the Seattle police to catch the Green River Killer (as close to a real life Silence Of The Lambs as you're going to get), he was thrown by the fact that the Killer (Gary Ridgeway) had murdered black women as well as white women. After all, Bundy himself had only murdered Caucasian girls.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 12:26 am

Thug can be a dog whistle, but the context must be taken into account. Myself and quite a few libertarians, for example, refer to authoritative tactics, specifically those regarding speech, as 'thuggish' without any racial subtext, while quite a bit of the recent commentary on the unrest in Ferguson and Baltimore has used the dog whistle version. Like most things, a modicum of thought can easily distinguish the usage, unless the speaker is deliberately conflating the two for the partisan point scoring purposes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 12:55 am

To be sure, thug has been used by the capitalist right to describe union members, apparently for just agitating for better wages, benefits, and working conditions for working men and women. Then again, said right wingers are projecting their own worst qualities on the labor movement.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 May 2015, 4:40 am

Dillogic wrote:
Negroids. Caucasoids

Due to their association with the "scientific racism" movement, these terms are extremely archaic in most discourse (including this converation). Just use "black" and "white" - it leads to less misinterpretation.