Help! Im Attracted to My Math Teacher?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2015, 12:03 am

I feel very frustrated right now, and i'm saying this because I don't really have any friends at school. I have a math teacher who is extremely attractive and is only in her mid-20's. Whenever I am in math class, I often think about how beautiful she is and forget to learn about the actual math (honors calculus). I also get a raging ***** when she comes to my desk to help me. I also think about her when i am in bed at home (weird, huh). Whenever that thought of attractiveness happens in the middle of a lecture such as the integration of trigonometric functions, I hit myself in the head to pay attention and tell myself to "knock it off". My teacher tells my case manager that this happens and she (case manager) think I am misbehaving when this happens and that I have some psychological problem going on in my life. What do I do to prevent these thoughts? It's not appropriate and I'm afraid I will get in trouble for sexual harassment if I say the truth.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 May 2015, 12:19 am

In high-school I had an attraction to my hot algebra1 teacher & so did lots of guys in my class. Don't hit yourself in the head & just accept that you have problems focusing in class because of it; that's what me & my classmates did.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 12:25 am

please don't hit yourself. no, it's not weird to think about a crush when you're alone. remind yourself how much trouble the teacher would be in if she had a relationship with you. i had a crush on a classmate. he told me he didn't feel the same way. eventually, my feelings changed. have you heard of sublimation? try to use your feelings for her as an excuse to do really well in the class.

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2015, 12:53 am

No, i have never heard of sublimiation. I guess i should try it because my self-esteem is so low. I'm going to community college next year, and it would be hard to maintain my emotional health to keep up with the added stress of unstructured time and harder time to find friends.

My high school is one of the highest ranked (says usnwr), and is full of overachievers who get straight a's in ap classes and 4.0 gpas, extracurricular activities, and many of them strive for hypsm. I am not at that caliber, and It makes me feel stupid for not being able to handle such a workload. But calculus is the most advanced class i got into (im good at math) and I have a B in it. <--- Where could a discussion like this go?

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 1:01 am

you are far from stupid. a "b" in calculus is a good grade. i actually found making friends in college easier because there were more folks who shared my interests.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 9:00 am

Lol all my math teachers were middle-aged white guys. It seems like all math teachers are serious no-nonsense type of people. That definitely conflicted with my personality when I was in high school, most of my math teachers didn't like me too much. You should be jamming to Hot For Teacher by Van Halen next time you're in that class. Who knows, maybe she's into teenage students. :P

But seriously, go find another gril who is actually high school age. There will probably never be another time where you'll be in the presence of so many women, surely one of them fits with your personality. You're 18 now so go meet some women in college instead.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 May 2015, 6:38 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
You should be jamming to Hot For Teacher by Van Halen next time you're in that class. Who knows, maybe she's into teenage students. :P
or What I Go To School For, by Busted

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 12:42 am

The first thing you should do is make peace with yourself over this. Most people will come across multiple off limit individuals in their life who they find attractive. If it's really too much for you, ask your school councelor if you can take the class this summer at the community college instead. If they ask why, you can just tell them that there are personal reasons and leave it at that.

sagarverma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2015, 12:54 am

Look for online dating

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2015, 11:17 pm

Chronos wrote:
The first thing you should do is make peace with yourself over this. Most people will come across multiple off limit individuals in their life who they find attractive. If it's really too much for you, ask your school councelor if you can take the class this summer at the community college instead. If they ask why, you can just tell them that there are personal reasons and leave it at that.

I was attracted to the teacher, but not anymore. I don't want to take Calculus I again, as my grade is high enough for me to understand the material.

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2015, 11:18 pm

sagarverma wrote:
Look for online dating

Like everyone on that site actually is honest about who they are LOL.

AliceKathleen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2015, 7:07 am

Hello! As a senior, I can tell you that you will be attracted to MANY people in life, from perfect strangers, co workers,
gym mates, classmates, fellow bus riders, etc etc. The secret, I have learned (after many foolish mistakes) is to
acknowledge the attraction, enjoy it, but do not try to ACT it out! We aspies tend to get obsessed with others, so
just realize that you must deal with this tendency. Feel it, but do not let it overwhelm you. And, when in doubt,
work out! Exercise, I have found, takes my mind off the obsessions and helps my body feel good. Best to you, Alice

Joehotto101
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2015, 10:30 am

I learned that my obsessions are a routine, and that people with Autism like me, get very uncomfortable when their routine is disturbed. I keep thinking about graduation, friends, college, jobs, bills, etc. because I am graduating TOMORROW from High School (It's scary I know).

My math teacher is attractive, yes, but I don't obsess over it all day.

The good thing is that I am not as anxious as I was when being promoted from middle school to high school (I don't know why I was much more nervous then.