Is really "attractive looking" an individualistic opinion?

Page 16 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 4:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My blood tests showed I am fine, the only thing I lack is Vitamin D but that's surprisingly very common to Middle-Easterns (due to our thick skin and to the new lifestyle changes which don't expose enough to sunlight, we need way more time of sun exposure than Whites to get enough Vitamin D).

You should really take care with the vitamin D, it can cause a lot of problems. I know several people with vitamin D deficiency and it can cause irreversible bone problems. These people now take supplements. They were both older people, skin gets worse at making vitamin D when you get older.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 1:12 am

trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My blood tests showed I am fine, the only thing I lack is Vitamin D but that's surprisingly very common to Middle-Easterns (due to our thick skin and to the new lifestyle changes which don't expose enough to sunlight, we need way more time of sun exposure than Whites to get enough Vitamin D).

You should really take care with the vitamin D, it can cause a lot of problems. I know several people with vitamin D deficiency and it can cause irreversible bone problems. These people now take supplements. They were both older people, skin gets worse at making vitamin D when you get older.

I've been taking this for a year:

Do they squeeze this stuff from Europeans' surplus of vitamin D? :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 2:13 am

trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

where does one get it besides supplements?
:S

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 2:55 am

sly279 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Exposure to sunlight, but don't worry, you're a White European, you can produce Vitamin D easily from little sunlight.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 8:18 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I've been taking this for a year:

Do they squeeze this stuff from Europeans' surplus of vitamin D? :lol:

I think those pills are made of our blood.

Sadly Europeans don't really have a surplus, there are lots of people with vitamin D defiency despite being pale fuccks. That is because there is not a lot of sun here, especially during winter. Check out this map around the North Sea area, it's not a lot of sun because it always rains, and of course the sunlight is "filtered" more because it comes in at an angle.

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 8:23 am

sly279 wrote:
where does one get it besides supplements?:S

Fish.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 2:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Exposure to sunlight, but don't worry, you're a White European, you can produce Vitamin D easily from little sunlight.

but I don't go outside much. I suppose I'll have to buy some supplements. but I hear supplements are bad for us.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 3:26 pm

sly279 wrote:
but I don't go outside much. I suppose I'll have to buy some supplements. but I hear supplements are bad for us.

For some reason production of vitamin D starts when in the sun, but you don't need to spend that long in the sun. It also stores in your liver for a long time, I know one person with deficiency got a capsule with vitamin D and he only needed to take it once a month. Lack of vit D can cause bone pain and fatigue and other things, and in growing children it can lead to bone deformities.

Not many foods contain it, fatty fish contain some and probably liver since that is where most animals store vitamins. Pork liver contains a huge amount of vitamins. Now that I think of it, maybe that is why people in Northern Europe eat so much fish and liver paté.

Sardines contain vitamin D and also contain the healthy kind of fats that are good for your brain, and they are not that expensive. I got a can of sardines in tomato sauce, going to try it out today or tomorrow I think.

And a food pic of course! Sardines and tomato slice on toast:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 1:33 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
trollcatman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Don't worry, White, you are descended from cave dweller Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals, so you are evolved as a creature who needs only so little sunlight. :mrgreen:

But to be fair, Middle East has its share of Neanderthal genes as well, some studies suggest it's there where they fist interbred.
Quote:

Genetic analyses by themselves offer no indication of where gene flow may have occurred geographically. However, the date in conjunction with the archaeological evidence suggests that the two populations likely met somewhere in Western Eurasia. An attractive hypothesis is the Middle East, where archaeological and fossil evidence indicate that modern humans appeared before 100,000 years ago (as reflected by the modern human remains in Skhul and Qafzeh caves), Neandertals expanded around 70,000 years ago (as reflected for example by the Neandertal remains at Tabun Cave), and modern humans re-appeared around 50,000 years ago [29]. Our genetic date estimates, which have a mostly likely range of 47,000–65,000 years ago (and are confidently below 86,000 years ago), are too recent to be consistent with the appearance of the first fossil evidence of modern humans outside of Africa—that is, our date makes it unlikely that the Neandertal genetic material in modern humans today could arise exclusively due to the gene flow involving the Skhul/Qafzeh modern humans—and instead point to gene flow in a more recent period, possibly when modern humans carrying Upper Paleolithic technologies expanded out of Africa.