Is really "attractive looking" an individualistic opinion?

Page 14 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:12 am

Anyone find healthy and fit attractive? I do, thats the ideal image standard for me, not buff and abnormal, just a healthy look. Bodies shaped by regular activity with a little bit of body fat to make a cuddle a softer experience, physiques that are somewhere in the middle of the extremes, regular I suppose.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:13 am

sly279 wrote:
I'm kinda starving myself now. I 'm eating less calories then I should to lose weight. I've reached my goal but I don't think I'll stop. maybe i should decrease it more even. downside is I'm hungry alot and I can generally only eat two meals a day now.

It is never good to starve oneself, you should take care of your body you are young and you have a long life in front of you. If you want to lose a little weight for your health then that is something else, but saying that you are starving yourself is very dangerous. You do so much damage to your body, you can get heart problems, intestinal problems as a result from starvation. Please take care of yourself, you are a nice person, I can see that by how you write about your love for foxes and your respect for all living creatures for instance :)
If you really need to lose weight than do it slowly and make sure your body will get everything that it needs.

sly279 wrote:
men don't report rape as society says. 1. men can't be raped, ever unless in the butt, 2. men are suppose to be emotionless and confidence. so we aren't suppose to talk about such things. 3. if you do men and women will tease you for being weak. just like how there's less crime in gang areas because people are too afraid to report it.

I think that is horrible. All crimes against all poeple should be seen as just as wrong.

sly279 wrote:
also not doing a who has it worse but a both have it bad. in fact if you say someone pointing out how men have problems too as them saying that men have it worse then you're just thinking the same thing but that women have it worse. so it sounds like by saying men get hurt means women getting hurt means less, but anyone getting hurt is bad and equal. I don't get why one has to be more worse then the other.

I'm sorry but I'm not certain that I undesrtand your point. I think all problems should be seen as equal, but it is not always treated that way. In certain areas all the information is about men and vice versa.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:31 am

A 200 is a good representative of at least the cities I am picking; I am choosing the capitals.

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Kenya's Capital city population is 3,138,000, I picked Confidence Interval of 5 because Tinder is popular in Kenya's Nairobi (at least the wealthier part of it), so it represents pretty much their female population, and I am setting Tinder to check 100 Miles around.

On calculator I got the needed sample is 384, so I am not way off.

Also it's hardly a matter of mere coincidence that I got 125/200 in Kenya and 0/200 in Sweden.

Quote:
was with a girl who had thigh meat as you called it but her stomach was super bones poking out and uncomfortable.
you can get thighs from running and still be unhealthy thin in other areas.

Nope, this is so uncommon, unless you have some disease or doing things making your body that disproportional.
The meat on her thigh is a strong indication she's fine.

I've seen other pics of this same girl from other sides and I assure you, she's not the case.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 May 2015, 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:33 am

Let's ask the ladies, what do you think? is this woman in previous page unhealthily skinny?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:40 am

Bondkatten wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I'm kinda starving myself now. I 'm eating less calories then I should to lose weight. I've reached my goal but I don't think I'll stop. maybe i should decrease it more even. downside is I'm hungry alot and I can generally only eat two meals a day now.

It is never good to starve oneself, you should take care of your body you are young and you have a long life in front of you. If you want to lose a little weight for your health then that is something else, but saying that you are starving yourself is very dangerous. You do so much damage to your body, you can get heart problems, intestinal problems as a result from starvation. Please take care of yourself, you are a nice person, I can see that by how you write about your love for foxes and your respect for all living creatures for instance :)
If you really need to lose weight than do it slowly and make sure your body will get everything that it needs.

sly279 wrote:
men don't report rape as society says. 1. men can't be raped, ever unless in the butt, 2. men are suppose to be emotionless and confidence. so we aren't suppose to talk about such things. 3. if you do men and women will tease you for being weak. just like how there's less crime in gang areas because people are too afraid to report it.

I think that is horrible. All crimes against all poeple should be seen as just as wrong.

sly279 wrote:
also not doing a who has it worse but a both have it bad. in fact if you say someone pointing out how men have problems too as them saying that men have it worse then you're just thinking the same thing but that women have it worse. so it sounds like by saying men get hurt means women getting hurt means less, but anyone getting hurt is bad and equal. I don't get why one has to be more worse then the other.

I'm sorry but I'm not certain that I understand your point. I think all problems should be seen as equal, but it is not always treated that way. In certain areas all the information is about men and vice versa.

perhaps. idk only way to lose weight is to reduce calories below what is need to sustain your weight. I want to be liked. so I guess I have to starve. though its not starving truly because I am eating but I'm not eating enough are there different levels of starving? been having more heart burn. I have it set up to lose about 1.5 pounds a week. I down to 250 from 280ish. suppose I'll keep going til I'm just bones. then maybe I'll be attractive somewhat.

ah. cool

I wasn't sure if you were like those other people who seem to think acknowledging someone else's problems belittles theirs.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:42 am

Bondkatten wrote:
I think that it is a bit insane that this girl is considered plus size...

This one is considered plus sized in the fashion industry which is dominated by gays and women. As I said, fashion requirements don't reflect straight men's opinions.

Compare her to 'glamour models' (google them), an industry which is way more focused on what straight men find attractive, and you'll see she's not considered plus sized at all.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
A 200 is a good representative of at least the cities I am picking; I am choosing the capitals.

Kenya's population is 3,138,000, I picked Confidence Interval of 5 because Tinder is popular in Kenya's Nairobi (at least the wealthier part of it), so it represents pretty much their female population.

Also it's hardly a matter of mere coincidence that I got 125/200 in Kenya and 0/200 in Sweden.

Quote:
was with a girl who had thigh meat as you called it but her stomach was super bones poking out and uncomfortable.

Nope, this is so uncommon, unless you have some disease or doing things making your body that disproportional.

I've seen other pics of this same girl from other sides and I assure you, she's not the case.

I don't care. what some poll maker says. I think its wrong so many polls are wrong. a ok sample size would be 50% of the population, but aths would cost money so people cheap out its why they think 500-1000 people can be a representative of 320 million its freaking stupid. they can't possible find out what the people think from such a small tiny barely even a 1 percent of the population.

you do realize that your sample size is .000063% of the people there, not even 1%. so you're going to decide what a nation thinks based off of less than 1% of them who happen to be on tender. who are most likely the most judgemental superficial people in that nation. who are single because they haven't found a guy "good enough" in their area.

really really so then how is it a person only lifts weight with his left arm that arm gets big and muscular while the other stays thin and bony?

so if she squats or runs a lot she'd get muscles in her thighs and legs, but not in the parts she doesn't' work out.

you've seen her nude? because the girl I saw didn't look boney ti l I saw her nude. seen bunch of women on reddit who look non bony til they take their clothes off and they look like they've been starved to near death. ribs showing through your skin is unhealthy and not attractive if you ask me.
just like how women can make their boobs look bigger than they really are. or guys can hid their bellies . you can use clothes to hide a lot. and look like something your not.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:51 am

Amity wrote:
Anyone find healthy and fit attractive? I do, thats the ideal image standard for me, not buff and abnormal, just a healthy look. Bodies shaped by regular activity with a little bit of body fat to make a cuddle a softer experience, physiques that are somewhere in the middle of the extremes, regular I suppose.

problem is people can't agree on what is healthy and fit. to most now boney and super thin is healthy and fit. others might think it's six pack with tons of muscles. whats abnormal?
what's little bit of body fat?
I honestly not sure what you mean. not trying to be rude or mean. though I suspect I don't met it whatever it is.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:54 am

sly279 wrote:
perhaps. idk only way to lose weight is to reduce calories below what is need to sustain your weight. I want to be liked. so I guess I have to starve. though its not starving truly because I am eating but I'm not eating enough are there different levels of starving? been having more heart burn. I have it set up to lose about 1.5 pounds a week. I down to 250 from 280ish. suppose I'll keep going til I'm just bones. then maybe I'll be attractive somewhat.

It is difficult, I started with thinking I will eat this much let's say 1000 kcal per day, and I lost weight quickly in the begining, then it started to slow down so I put it on 800 kcal a day, then 500 kcal a day and then skipping food on some days. When you starve yourself for a longer time after a while then you will start craving because you are lacking nutrition. So you over eat one day and then you have to use laxatives or starve yourself for a few days... It's a never ending evil downwards spiral.
You should eat healthy thing, avoid artificial crap, avoid the stuff that are not good for you, try to get a healthy body, it is much better than an skinny one that comes from starving yourself. Also angsiety and depression will follow when you starve yourself. You are not just starving your ody but also your brain, and it will worsen your mental health a lot.

sly279 wrote:
ah. cool

I wasn't sure if you were like those other people who seem to think acknowledging someone else's problems belittles theirs.

My words sometimes come across differently then I intend to, I forget to say certain things and so on, also writting in a different language than your own is not always helpful. :)

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's ask the ladies, what do you think? is this woman in previous page unhealthily skinny?

Its hard to tell, because the dress is loose fitting, she is skinny, but she seems to have athletic legs instead of bony legs.

Quote:
fashion requirements don't reflect straight men's opinions.
I agree, and its not the first time that Ive heard this either.
Quote:
Compare her to 'glamour models' (google them), an industry which is way more focused on what straight men find attractive
This standard still creates unrealistically high social pressures on girls, and still emphasizes an unnatural image, plus why are glamour models attractive? For their personalities :joker: or their stereotypical industry standard physical attributes...

Last edited by Amity on 18 May 2015, 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 6:08 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Kenya's population is 3,138,000, I picked Confidence Interval of 5 because Tinder is popular in Kenya's Nairobi (at least the wealthier part of it), so it represents pretty much their female population.

Quote:

I don't care. what some poll maker says. I think its wrong so many polls are wrong. a ok sample size would be 50% of the population, but aths would cost money so people cheap out its why they think 500-1000 people can be a representative of 320 million its freaking stupid. they can't possible find out what the people think from such a small tiny barely even a 1 percent of the population.

you do realize that your sample size is .000063% of the people there, not even 1%. so you're going to decide what a nation thinks based off of less than 1% of them who happen to be on tender. who are most likely the most judgemental superficial people in that nation. who are single because they haven't found a guy "good enough" in their area.

really really so then how is it a person only lifts weight with his left arm that arm gets big and muscular while the other stays thin and bony?

so if she squats or runs a lot she'd get muscles in her thighs and legs, but not in the parts she doesn't' work out.

you've seen her nude? because the girl I saw didn't look boney ti l I saw her nude. seen bunch of women on reddit who look non bony til they take their clothes off and they look like they've been starved to near death. ribs showing through your skin is unhealthy and not attractive if you ask me.
just like how women can make their boobs look bigger than they really are. or guys can hid their bellies . you can use clothes to hide a lot. and look like something your not.

Quote:
a ok sample size would be 50% of the population, but aths would cost money so people cheap out its why they think 500-1000 people can be a representative of 320 million its freaking stupid.

Hhahahaha

Ok, go tell to the statisticians they're all stupid.

Quote:

Lol no, but I saw her in a beach pic.

Not all fit people are unhealthy, this is a common skinny people bashing.

Some of us are simply naturally skinny, doesn't mean we starve ourselves or have body image issues.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 18 May 2015, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 6:13 am

sly279 wrote:
Amity wrote:

problem is people can't agree on what is healthy and fit. to most now boney and super thin is healthy and fit. others might think it's six pack with tons of muscles. whats abnormal?
what's little bit of body fat?
I honestly not sure what you mean. not trying to be rude or mean. though I suspect I don't met it whatever it is.

Ah ok, I mean regular everyday people, eg. that eat right and work out three times a week. My personal definition of normal is what I find attractive, not what an industry dictates. A body that is in physical use, being moved and exercised as was intended by our design.
A little bit of body fat: within the healthy range for the individuals size and shape, maybe its just me, but I like a little bit of fat on men that I'm physically close with, it makes a cuddle a more comfortable experience. :oops:
Abnormal to me is this weight lifting look, uber defined muscles, to me a muscle should be noticeable when it is being flexed/or when they become visible from practical use.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 6:36 am

Amity wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Its hard to tell, because the dress is loose fitting, she is skinny, but she seems to have athletic legs instead of bony legs.

Quote:
fashion requirements don't reflect straight men's opinions.
I agree, and its not the first time that Ive heard this either.
Quote:
Compare her to 'glamour models' (google them), an industry which is way more focused on what straight men find attractive
This standard still creates unrealistically high social pressures on girls, and still emphasizes an unnatural image, plus why are glamour models attractive? For their personalities :joker: or their stereotypical industry standard physical attributes...

Same for the male ideal beauty in media.

Quote:
This standard still creates unrealistically high social pressures on girls, and still emphasizes an unnatural image, plus why are glamour models attractive? For their personalities :joker: or their stereotypical industry standard physical attributes..

Yes, it does, but I bet the voluntary vomiting and self starvation come way more from the fashion industry than the glamour industry; I swear I have seen like those glamour models starving themselves to become extremely skinnier like in the fashion industry.

Plastic surgery comes more from the glamour industry I believe though but we are talking about weight and self starvation issue.

Women are way more exposed to fashion than to the other.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 6:53 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Some of us are simply naturally skinny, doesn't mean we starve ourselves or have body image issues or media sheep.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 4:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hhahahaha

Ok, go tell to the statisticians they're all stupid.

Lol no, but I saw her in a beach pic.

Not all fit people are unhealthy, this is a common skinny people bashing.

Some of us are simply naturally skinny, doesn't mean we starve ourselves or have body image issues.

I do. I hate them, they rig it to get what they want and f**K what the people actually want.
or who gets hurt in the process.

so this is a trap. as we haven't seen her beach picture, the picture you shared is not good to answer the question off of.
no quite the opposite. ters healthy skinny and you look like you were in a death camp skinny. people shouldn't' look like genocide victims. don't see how that is bashing skinny people you can be skinny and not have bones showing. all this does is make said people feel that they are fat, then little extra people think they are big women, big women think they are obese, obese women think they are monsters. I think we need to go back to what was considered skinny in the 50s ie the real skinny/normal weight.

never met a natural skinny person with bones showing. they tend to be people who don't eat enough. this doesn't mean they're starving themselves. some people have hard time remembering to eat enough. just as some have hard time remembering not to eat too much.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 4:56 pm

Bondkatten wrote:
sly279 wrote:

It is difficult, I started with thinking I will eat this much let's say 1000 kcal per day, and I lost weight quickly in the begining, then it started to slow down so I put it on 800 kcal a day, then 500 kcal a day and then skipping food on some days. When you starve yourself for a longer time after a while then you will start craving because you are lacking nutrition. So you over eat one day and then you have to use laxatives or starve yourself for a few days... It's a never ending evil downwards spiral.
You should eat healthy thing, avoid artificial crap, avoid the stuff that are not good for you, try to get a healthy body, it is much better than an skinny one that comes from starving yourself. Also angsiety and depression will follow when you starve yourself. You are not just starving your ody but also your brain, and it will worsen your mental health a lot.

sly279 wrote:
ah. cool

My words sometimes come across differently then I intend to, I forget to say certain things and so on, also writing in a different language than your own is not always helpful. :)

I've started a rice/chicken diet and started drinking v8 fusion. I have 2 chicken stripps 210 cal, 1/4 cup of rice 170 cal, and 110 for v8. dinner can be the same or it could be something else. or i might not eat my 2k cal a day. I suppose I could try cutting it to 1 strip, 1/8 a cup or rice. with a texas toast the whole meal as is is 656 calories. If i get to go to gym I think I won't increase food intake so I double weight lose to 3 a week. maybe more women will like me as a bony stick.