Is really "attractive looking" an individualistic opinion?

Page 15 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 4:56 pm

Bondkatten wrote:
sly279 wrote:
perhaps. idk only way to lose weight is to reduce calories below what is need to sustain your weight. I want to be liked. so I guess I have to starve. though its not starving truly because I am eating but I'm not eating enough are there different levels of starving? been having more heart burn. I have it set up to lose about 1.5 pounds a week. I down to 250 from 280ish. suppose I'll keep going til I'm just bones. then maybe I'll be attractive somewhat.

It is difficult, I started with thinking I will eat this much let's say 1000 kcal per day, and I lost weight quickly in the begining, then it started to slow down so I put it on 800 kcal a day, then 500 kcal a day and then skipping food on some days. When you starve yourself for a longer time after a while then you will start craving because you are lacking nutrition. So you over eat one day and then you have to use laxatives or starve yourself for a few days... It's a never ending evil downwards spiral.
You should eat healthy thing, avoid artificial crap, avoid the stuff that are not good for you, try to get a healthy body, it is much better than an skinny one that comes from starving yourself. Also angsiety and depression will follow when you starve yourself. You are not just starving your ody but also your brain, and it will worsen your mental health a lot.

sly279 wrote:
ah. cool

I wasn't sure if you were like those other people who seem to think acknowledging someone else's problems belittles theirs.

My words sometimes come across differently then I intend to, I forget to say certain things and so on, also writing in a different language than your own is not always helpful. :)

I've started a rice/chicken diet and started drinking v8 fusion. I have 2 chicken stripps 210 cal, 1/4 cup of rice 170 cal, and 110 for v8. dinner can be the same or it could be something else. or i might not eat my 2k cal a day. I suppose I could try cutting it to 1 strip, 1/8 a cup or rice. with a texas toast the whole meal as is is 656 calories. If i get to go to gym I think I won't increase food intake so I double weight lose to 3 a week. maybe more women will like me as a bony stick.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:01 pm

Amity wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Amity wrote:
Anyone find healthy and fit attractive? I do, thats the ideal image standard for me, not buff and abnormal, just a healthy look. Bodies shaped by regular activity with a little bit of body fat to make a cuddle a softer experience, physiques that are somewhere in the middle of the extremes, regular I suppose.

problem is people can't agree on what is healthy and fit. to most now boney and super thin is healthy and fit. others might think it's six pack with tons of muscles. whats abnormal?
what's little bit of body fat?
I honestly not sure what you mean. not trying to be rude or mean. though I suspect I don't met it whatever it is.

Ah ok, I mean regular everyday people, eg. that eat right and work out three times a week. My personal definition of normal is what I find attractive, not what an industry dictates. A body that is in physical use, being moved and exercised as was intended by our design.
A little bit of body fat: within the healthy range for the individuals size and shape, maybe its just me, but I like a little bit of fat on men that I'm physically close with, it makes a cuddle a more comfortable experience. :oops:
Abnormal to me is this weight lifting look, uber defined muscles, to me a muscle should be noticeable when it is being flexed/or when they become visible from practical use.

whats a bit of fat?
yes I wouldn't' meet your requirement. I dont go to a gym to work out. I just lay around alot besides walking/standing/lifting stuff for work when I work.
wouldn't someone who works out 3 days a week have the weightlifting look?

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 5:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
Amity wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Amity wrote:
Anyone find healthy and fit attractive? I do, thats the ideal image standard for me, not buff and abnormal, just a healthy look. Bodies shaped by regular activity with a little bit of body fat to make a cuddle a softer experience, physiques that are somewhere in the middle of the extremes, regular I suppose.

problem is people can't agree on what is healthy and fit. to most now boney and super thin is healthy and fit. others might think it's six pack with tons of muscles. whats abnormal?
what's little bit of body fat?
I honestly not sure what you mean. not trying to be rude or mean. though I suspect I don't met it whatever it is.

Ah ok, I mean regular everyday people, eg. that eat right and work out three times a week. My personal definition of normal is what I find attractive, not what an industry dictates. A body that is in physical use, being moved and exercised as was intended by our design.
A little bit of body fat: within the healthy range for the individuals size and shape, maybe its just me, but I like a little bit of fat on men that I'm physically close with, it makes a cuddle a more comfortable experience. :oops:
Abnormal to me is this weight lifting look, uber defined muscles, to me a muscle should be noticeable when it is being flexed/or when they become visible from practical use.

whats a bit of fat?
yes I wouldn't' meet your requirement. I dont go to a gym to work out. I just lay around alot besides walking/standing/lifting stuff for work when I work.
wouldn't someone who works out 3 days a week have the weightlifting look?

Ah you want specifics, I have never thought about exact figures before, but I understand that 'a bit' is vague, I looked it up on this website (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07 ... ercentage/) and its 14-18% body fat :the healthy range. Its not my requirement, its my ideal, amongst regular folk (not celeb culture), how many obtain their ideal anything, all the time, in every way? Sweet flip all. I don't think its realistic to discount possibilities based on an arbitrary ideal.

Working out is not a requirement either, again its an ideal and is not restricted to the stereotype of the gym, its about exercising regularly and investing in long term health. That is what is attractive about it for me, there is substance behind the exercise, its not for show/appearance.

Someone who exercises three times a week will look healthy, it depends on the type of exercise, think of marathon athletes ...they exercise most days, but do not look like bodybuilders.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 6:01 pm

About 20 years ago, I used to work out SEVEN days a week. I never carried a weightlifting book.

I should exercise more. I was pretty good last year. I just have to get my butt up and stop being so lazy!

C'mon Sly....it's picnic season!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 6:02 pm

...Oh .

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 2:06 am

sly279 wrote:
I've started a rice/chicken diet and started drinking v8 fusion. I have 2 chicken stripps 210 cal, 1/4 cup of rice 170 cal, and 110 for v8. dinner can be the same or it could be something else. or i might not eat my 2k cal a day. I suppose I could try cutting it to 1 strip, 1/8 a cup or rice. with a texas toast the whole meal as is is 656 calories. If i get to go to gym I think I won't increase food intake so I double weight lose to 3 a week. maybe more women will like me as a bony stick.

Do you eat white rice or brown rice? You should switche to products that contain more fiber. White bread is full of sugar, and it contains nothing that your body need. Do you eat a lot of vegetables? Vegetables contain a lot of vitamins and minerals that your body needs they also help filling yoiu up so that you will not be so hungry. Brown rice with a lot of vegetables and chicken without skin is very healthy and does not contain many calories.

If you eat so many carbohydrates it will be difficult for you to loose weight, because your insulin will go up and fatburning stops. Fiber helps your body absorbing the sugars more slowly and evenly.

Do you exercise? If you spend to much time sitting, it is extremely bad for your body, for your health and it will slow down your metabolism.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 2:46 am

I'd never go to a gym, nor would I exercise to look more attractive, but I do walk for at least half-an-hour five days a week.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 3:48 am

Bondkatten wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Do you eat white rice or brown rice? You should switche to products that contain more fiber. White bread is full of sugar, and it contains nothing that your body need. Do you eat a lot of vegetables? Vegetables contain a lot of vitamins and minerals that your body needs they also help filling yoiu up so that you will not be so hungry. Brown rice with a lot of vegetables and chicken without skin is very healthy and does not contain many calories.

If you eat so many carbohydrates it will be difficult for you to loose weight, because your insulin will go up and fatburning stops. Fiber helps your body absorbing the sugars more slowly and evenly.

Do you exercise? If you spend to much time sitting, it is extremely bad for your body, for your health and it will slow down your metabolism.

brown rice. I drink v8 to get veggies and fruits. since I can't eat veggies by themselves.

yeah all that confuses me so I'm just doing the whole eat less calories thing.

most my time is laying down/standing. no one will go on walks with me.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 4:07 am

sly279 wrote:
no one will go on walks with me.

I walk all by myself. I find that most relaxing.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 4:51 am

sly279 wrote:

Can you not walk alone? I walk mostly alone and listen to music while I walk, I find it relaxing most of the time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 3:30 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hhahahaha

Ok, go tell to the statisticians they're all stupid.

Lol no, but I saw her in a beach pic.

Not all fit people are unhealthy, this is a common skinny people bashing.

Some of us are simply naturally skinny, doesn't mean we starve ourselves or have body image issues.

I do. I hate them, they rig it to get what they want and f**K what the people actually want.
or who gets hurt in the process.

so this is a trap. as we haven't seen her beach picture, the picture you shared is not good to answer the question off of.
no quite the opposite. ters healthy skinny and you look like you were in a death camp skinny. people shouldn't' look like genocide victims. don't see how that is bashing skinny people you can be skinny and not have bones showing. all this does is make said people feel that they are fat, then little extra people think they are big women, big women think they are obese, obese women think they are monsters. I think we need to go back to what was considered skinny in the 50s ie the real skinny/normal weight.

never met a natural skinny person with bones showing. they tend to be people who don't eat enough. this doesn't mean they're starving themselves. some people have hard time remembering to eat enough. just as some have hard time remembering not to eat too much.

Little bone showing doesn't mean unhealthy either, my ribs do appear a little when I move to certain sides, doesn't mean I am unhealthly skinny.
Medically, I have an ideal weight.

My blood tests showed I am fine, the only thing I lack is Vitamin D but that's surprisingly very common to Middle-Easterns (due to our thick skin and to the new lifestyle changes which don't expose enough to sunlight, we need way more time of sun exposure than Whites to get enough Vitamin D).

And not, it wasn't a trap, as a said, the thighs are more than enough to know if someone is malnourished, all her legs were visible and so her figure from behind.
This girl for example is a fine example of underweighted: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ijtgr-acfPQ/U ... 175830.jpg

(But again, that doesn't mean she's one of those crazies who are starving themselves, some people are really that petite and thin without making effort. Maybe they don't like food much, maybe they burn a lot, maybe she's ill ...there are plenty of reasons.)

You see even her upper thighs are so thin and have the shape of straight "l l l l" so little difference between upper thigh and lower part, while the normal thighs usually look more like "\ / \ /" from up to down, and it's the case of the Kenyan girl I showed you, as for the ankle, is all about the bone frame, Kenyans and Eastern africans tend to have a thin bone frame and therefore thin ankles and wrists, look at Obama.

Amity said her legs look athletic and strong, indeed they do, but you need to eat enough to get athletic thighs and legs.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 8:37 pm

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
no one will go on walks with me.

I walk all by myself. I find that most relaxing.

Bondkatten wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Can you not walk alone? I walk mostly alone and listen to music while I walk, I find it relaxing most of the time.

nope. it gives me anxiety just thinking about it and gets worse when i try to do it. I'm the type that needs to do things with others to do them.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2015, 8:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hhahahaha

Ok, go tell to the statisticians they're all stupid.

Lol no, but I saw her in a beach pic.

Not all fit people are unhealthy, this is a common skinny people bashing.

Some of us are simply naturally skinny, doesn't mean we starve ourselves or have body image issues.

I do. I hate them, they rig it to get what they want and f**K what the people actually want.
or who gets hurt in the process.

so this is a trap. as we haven't seen her beach picture, the picture you shared is not good to answer the question off of.
no quite the opposite. ters healthy skinny and you look like you were in a death camp skinny. people shouldn't' look like genocide victims. don't see how that is bashing skinny people you can be skinny and not have bones showing. all this does is make said people feel that they are fat, then little extra people think they are big women, big women think they are obese, obese women think they are monsters. I think we need to go back to what was considered skinny in the 50s ie the real skinny/normal weight.

never met a natural skinny person with bones showing. they tend to be people who don't eat enough. this doesn't mean they're starving themselves. some people have hard time remembering to eat enough. just as some have hard time remembering not to eat too much.

Little bone showing doesn't mean unhealthy either, my ribs do appear a little when I move to certain sides, doesn't mean I am unhealthly skinny.
Medically, I have an ideal weight.

My blood tests showed I am fine, the only thing I lack is Vitamin D but that's surprisingly very common to Middle-Easterns (due to our thick skin and to the new lifestyle changes which don't expose enough to sunlight, we need way more time of sun exposure than Whites to get enough Vitamin D).

And not, it wasn't a trap, as a said, the thighs are more than enough to know if someone is malnourished, all her legs were visible and so her figure from behind.
This girl for example is a fine example of underweighted: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ijtgr-acfPQ/U ... 175830.jpg

(But again, that doesn't mean she's one of those crazies who are starving themselves, some people are really that petite and thin without making effort. Maybe they don't like food much, maybe they burn a lot, maybe she's ill ...there are plenty of reasons.)

You see even her upper thighs are so thin and have the shape of straight "l l l l" so little difference between upper thigh and lower part, while the normal thighs usually look more like "\ / \ /" from up to down, and it's the case of the Kenyan girl I showed you, as for the ankle, is all about the bone frame, Kenyans and Eastern africans tend to have a thin bone frame and therefore thin ankles and wrists, look at Obama.

Amity said her legs look athletic and strong, indeed they do, but you need to eat enough to get athletic thighs and legs.

ok then guess I'm not fat since my thighs aren't fat.

both those ladies look similar to me.

I'm done with this though we'll never going disagree and you keep hinting or stating that I think all skinny women are starving themselves which isn't' true.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:04 am

You are sooo dramatic lol.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 4:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You are sooo dramatic lol.

because I don't think you can tell if people are fat or skiny based on their thighs?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 4:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You should really take care with the vitamin D, it can cause a lot of problems. I know several people with vitamin D deficiency and it can cause irreversible bone problems. These people now take supplements. They were both older people, skin gets worse at making vitamin D when you get older.