Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2015, 10:37 pm

Psychopathy is the lack of a conscience; evil is fleeing from one's conscience that leads to gross hypocrisy.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 6:05 am

I disagree. Someone who truly lacks a conscience is evil in my opinion. That is what evil is. The ability to do whatever you want without suffering any consequences. The ability to harm others without feeling guilt. I think this is the closest thing to evil I can imagine.

I'm not using evil in a negative way to oppress the poor psychopaths... as if they need my sympathy, Just that I define psychopathy as evil. I don't think this is prejudiced. I think it is objective. Evil is a loaded word. But equate this loaded word with a lack of conscience. This is different from someone who doesn't understand the consequences of what they are doing.

Some people might think they are psychopaths but if you think you are you probably aren't one.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 3:39 pm

Good and evil are matters of perspective. Psychopathy is, at least, a perspective differing radically from the norm. Calling a psychopath evil is about as meaningful as calling a hurricane evil.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 4:04 pm

I think anyone hurting others for no good reason or for no reason is evil

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 6:03 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Good and evil are matters of perspective. Psychopathy is, at least, a perspective differing radically from the norm. Calling a psychopath evil is about as meaningful as calling a hurricane evil.

Thank you. Pretty much what I was going to say.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 1:00 pm

heavenlyabyss wrote:

Some people might think they are psychopaths but if you think you are you probably aren't one.

There are psychopaths who are well aware of their nature and with full awareness use, abuse and manipulate the average person.

Evil is too loaded and distorted a word to have much meaning.

Psychopaths simply do whatever they want and never feel guilt or remorse no matter how much suffering they cause.

They are the most dangerous humans alive, they have ruined our Society completely.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2015, 1:04 pm

Evil is, probably, an overused word. I ate cookies for breakfast the other day, I'm so EVIL! :twisted: