Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

cmr1990
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 May 2015, 8:56 am

Hello everyone my name is Cory, I go by CMR1990 online in various mediums and sites :)
I'm 24 years old, and have been diagnosed with ASD (moderate aspergers) sense I was 3 years old.
I'm not good at introductions and have a tendency to go ON AND ON about things so I'm sorry ahead of time ^-^;;

Childhood was never easy for me, I was adopted at the age of 2 out of a drug house. I was a very very sick little baby and came close to death multiple times. Into my toddler years and into early childhood I developed at a very slow rate compared to other children. Physically it was because of my infancy, but mentally turned out was completely different. At age 3 I was originally diagnosed as being mental ret*d (forget the medical term for it used), but later down the road I was re-diagnosed with ADHD and Autism (due to it not being as mainstream as it is now the diagnosis was pretty off of reality). It took several years for an official diagnosis that was accurate to be preformed at around 8 or 9 when I was diagnosed with Moderate Aspergers and the ADHD diagnosis before was dropped.

School was the worst for me, because the schools I went too didn't understand the condition I never got the help I needed. The difficulty doing schoolwork was only the minor part though, the daily bullying (borderline torture later in school) sent me into a severe depression. I thought about ending my life year after year but was to much of a coward to do it.

When I hit middleschool of course puberty hit and lead to a lot of confusion for me, I at first was not attracted to anyone (common in ASD) but then later on I started to become attracted to the same sex. It was really confusing for me and due to a heavily religious family who was very anti-gay. I resented my sexuality tell I was in my very late teens (18-19). At 19 I finally came out to my mother who treated me like crap afterword.

I lived with my parents tell a few years ago when I found the love of my life and due to his love and support I was able to find my spine and stand up to my father and mother telling them I am openly gay and I don't care what they think. Their reaction was to kick me out. My sister took me into her home where I still reside.

I recently visited my parents for the first time sense being kicked out, both seemed to not be for my sexuality, but they didn't treat me like crap because of it like before. I mentioned an Idea I had to start a local Autistic Support Network, for families and children involved with it or have it could find others and find other people to talk to for support, and give them options to get help like medical coverage, food assistance, or counseling for example. My father and mother are very much behind the idea and even offered to fund it out of pocket and give me all the help I need. The told me they didn't treat my condition the right way growing up, but that was because it was a much different world when it came to Autism back then.

and there is my background. Other neat factoids about me include
I'm Left Handed
I have Heterochormia (my eye color changes over the year)
I have Dyslexia (never officially diagnosed but the signs are there due to how poor my reading and spelling is in real life (spellcheck is my bread and butter) I also have a very noticeable speech impediment.)
I have Arrhythmia (Erratic Heartbeat)
I have Dextrocardia (look it up, its hard to explain LOL)
I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (this one was recently diagnosed in therapy for some very traumatic events that I'm not sure if I can talk about on this site.)

I guess to close out this post I would like to thank you all for reading, if you have ANY questions (no matter what they are) don't hesitate asking, I love talking and explaining myself to people :)
I will give you a parting gift, some photos of me IRL at different times in life, Such photos have been shared before by me on other places so I don't mind :) apparently I was (and still am) cute. I don't see it myself LOL

as a baby (unknown age) http://fav.me/d7q5tph
at 2 http://fav.me/d6giyfj
at 9 http://fav.me/d6gj1i9
as an adult (current) http://fav.me/d7v7mg8

~cmr1990

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 May 2015, 1:57 pm

Welcome. It sounds like you have had to deal with a lot. Hopefully this forum will be a positive thing for you.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 2:04 pm

welcome, cmr. you left out what your interests are. care to share?

alex
Developer
Developer

13 May 2015, 2:05 pm

Welcome! Were you diagnosed with ADHD before autism? That's what happened to me.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 4:38 pm

Hey Cory welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 8:11 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

cmr1990
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 May 2015, 12:43 am

MrBear wrote:
Welcome. It sounds like you have had to deal with a lot. Hopefully this forum will be a positive thing for you.

Yes I did have to deal with a lot, However I feel like my experiences could help me help other people. My friends always come to me for advice and help with things. I have gotten the nickname "The therapist" among my group of gaming friends online :)

Thanks for the kind welcome and look forward to talking with people on here :)

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet!

RoadRatt wrote:
Hey Cory welcome. :sunny:

Thanks for the kind welcomes both of you :)

cathylynn wrote:
welcome, cmr. you left out what your interests are. care to share?

hmmm Interests, WAY TO MANY lol
the ones I can name right off the top of my head are,

Video Games (Simgames, and tycoon games are my favorite, but open to at least trying ANY game at least once)
Dinosaurs
Motor-racing
Anime/Manga culture
Foreign people/cultures
Dinosaurs
Trains
Fish (the animal yep odd I know)

alex wrote:
Welcome! Were you diagnosed with ADHD before autism? That's what happened to me.

Thanks for the welcome, Yes I was diagnosed in the following order
as a later stage infant (around I say 2 to 2 1/2 years) I was diagnosed as being Mentally ret*d
in later toddler early childhood (4 to 5) I was diagnosed with BOTH autism and ADHD
then as a later adolescent (9 or 10ish) the ADHD diagnosis was dropped altogether and they diagnosed me with moderate aspergers.
and it seems diagnosis's like this was the norm back in the day because of very little knowledge in the field of autism unlike today.

~cmr