Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

harry_j_83
Raven
Raven

Location: not-quite-so-royal london borough of lewisham (aka "da ghetto")

14 May 2015, 5:02 am

I am wondering if anyone suffers form forgetfulness on a daily basis and also whether they feel they can only reatin one bit of information at a time. I realise the answer is probably going to be yes as it's kind of part of the ASD "package". What I really want to know though is how people find ways to cope around these issues.

I am feeling desperate as I am forgetting things on a daily basis which is extremely disruptive to my everyday living and it makes me wonder how I am going to cope. I find it really difficult to concentrate on more than one task at a time which is also very worrying for me.

any suggestions

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2015, 8:00 am

That describes me to a tee. I can't multitask to save my own life, and I tend to have a one-track mind, so if I'm focused on something, everything else may as well go out the window. I also tend to be forgetful of things as well, but mainly if I'm focused on something else.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 4:42 pm

Multitasking is essentially a myth. Look it up.

Often times our problems are actually more about the inability to focus on one thing at once. Anxiety can cause the mind to think of 100 different things at once, meaning the mind is actually not paying attention to any one particularly thing very well at all (ie even though it appears that we are doing many things at once we are doing all thee things sub-optimally).

If anything I would really really like to just focus n one thing at a time. It's something that shouldn't be taken for granted.